Kelly Dept.: Kelly posts links to articles and Big Bang Theory gifs here ~~~

kelly

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets final playing-time stats: Running back — Bilal Powell (401 snaps/39 percent), Matt Forte (361/35), Eli McGuire (267/26), Lawrence Thomas (150/14). Analysis: OC John Morton wasn't kidding when he said he'd rotate the backs to keep them fresh. Did it work? The Jets were 23rd in fourth-quarter rushing (3.2 YPA) and 22nd in rushing yards (420) over the final quarter of the season.

>     http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Jets final playing-time stats: Offensive line — James Carpenter (1,036 snaps/100 percent), Kelvin Beachum (1,035/99), Wesley Johnson (938/91), Brian Winters (804/78), Brandon Shell (697/67), Brent Qvale (394/38), Dakota Dozier (247/24), Jonotthan Harrison 103/10), Ben Ijalana (56/5). Analysis: Kudos to Carpenter and Beachum for being perfect and near-perfect. Winters deserves special recognition for playing most of the year with torn abdominal and abductor muscles. It hurts to type that; can't imagine playing with it.

>    http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Jets final playing-time stats: Linebacker — Demario Davis (1,117 snaps/100 percent), Darron Lee (1,027/92), Jordan Jenkins (716/64), Josh Martin (490/44), David Bass (326/29), Freddie Bishop (97/9), Julian Stanford (91/8), Dylan Donohue (54/5), Obum Gwacham (22/2), Bruce Carter (10/1) and Lorenzo Mauldin (0/0. Analysis: Davis developed into a valuable, three-down linebacker. Lee almost never came off the field. The Jets used a few players at Mauldin's old spot, rush linebacker.

>     http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

he was a good pick and a no brainer by our gm-in my opinion his only good pick

I had hoped LW would be a stud that could dominate and take over games-I dont see him as that type of player-clearly those types of lineman dont come around often but Jets have not had a dominate force since Abraham and before him the sack exchange lol

he was a good pick and a no brainer by our gm-in my opinion his only good pick
I had hoped LW would be a stud that could dominate and take over games-I dont see him as that type of player-clearly those types of lineman dont come around often but Jets have not had a dominate force since Abraham and before him the sack exchange lol
Unfortunately they didn't get a lot from Jenkins after the injury. It's too bad because he was for a short time the best NT in football...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah, just about everything in the NFL is geared to rewarding passing teams  these days so we better run the ball more.

If you can't score early you can't run the ball.  The assumption of articles like this is that the NY jets can be Jacksonville.

Until the the defense actually plays the way they need to play you can forget about running the ball.

It amazes me (though it shouldn't) at the people focusing on the running game, oc's etc when the very 1st thing that needs to get a LOT better is the crappy defense, yeah that part of the team that all resources have been put into.

25th in total defense

22nd in points given up

7th worst in penalties

25th in yards given up per game

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol team rushing numbers?  So there isn’t a team with lower rushing totals lower than ours that has a back you would not want over Powell and forte ? ??

No but not everyone. You said they were the worst. I would take our core over what the Giants put out at RB.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No but not everyone. You said they were the worst. I would take our core over what the Giants put out at RB.

That is true about their backs. Of course I don’t feel sorry for them, they have Beckham, Eli, and Will draft Rosen . Considering what the jets have had at WR, and qb they should have a top back. Not the bottom of the barrel. 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

That is true about their backs. Of course I don’t feel sorry for them, they have Beckham, Eli, and Will draft Rosen . Considering what the jets have had at WR, and qb they should have a top back. Not the bottom of the barrel. 

So you're changing the target in order to stay angry. Ok

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So you're changing the target in order to stay angry. Ok

Lol. No just because I call out my team enormous lack of attention to the offense Doesnt mean I’m angry lol. I’m just not a “yes Man” like some ?.  But ok, there is 1-2 teams that has worse rb situation than the jets ?

Archived