Kelly Dept.: Kelly posts links to articles and Big Bang Theory gifs here ~~~

kelly

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends if he can be part of a playoff team in 2018-19.  If the Jets sign Cousins, probably worth on the second second.  

If the Jets are drafting a QB and going with a lesser FA QB, I don't think he is worth the draft pick, but I can see MacBowles thinking he is.  

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Can we sort out the QB position first 

It’s a done deal. Mac will resign McClown once his pinky has healed and he’s able to drink tea.  He’s the QB for 2018 regardless of who Mac drafts, who, according to Bowles, won’t be ready until 2020. Maybe. ??‍♂️

Peters is buddy buddy with Skittles, who I like as a player but I can’t help to think those mentalities don’t do much good on an 5-6-7-8 win team. Lynch’s antics were no problem when Seattle was ballin. Him and Peters are one in the same.

Peters is young and cheap cap-wise.  It's a passing league.  Why on earth would the Chiefs not keep him?  You cannot have enough defensive backs.  An extra, talented CB is a luxury not a logjam at the position.  You have got to love the Silly Season.

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i just noticed (if i am reading this right) the jets will save 4m by cutting powell...

Yep.  The Powell and Ijalana deals were real headscratchers.  They both were allowed to test free agency, found no takers and came back on cheap one year deals.  Without showing anything particularly great the team then reupped them for actual money.  I am not sure why.  

22 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Then you should not start the topic 

but like the selfish kid you are, you have to be first, even if you break the rules.  

You are what’s wrong today, you think rules don’t apply to you. 

clueless-gif.gif

This is a non story.  We aren't trading him.  Florio sites no sources.  It's just speculation on his part.  Other outlets have simply referred to this same substanceless report.  .....Why would KC want to trade a top 10 CB, who is on his rookie deal, costing only 3 million this season, 9 million next season, and if franchised, could be kept a third season for probalby 15 million or so.   Garbage report, and lazy journalism.   

On 2/20/2018 at 11:15 AM, Ruby2 said:

This guy is the definition of a cancer, will be out of the league in 5 years

As opposed to the rest of the NFL, who are not cancers but will be out of the league in 3 years?

On 2/21/2018 at 6:18 AM, Zerovoltz said:

This is a non story.  We aren't trading him.  Florio sites no sources.  It's just speculation on his part.  Other outlets have simply referred to this same substanceless report.  .....Why would KC want to trade a top 10 CB, who is on his rookie deal, costing only 3 million this season, 9 million next season, and if franchised, could be kept a third season for probalby 15 million or so.   Garbage report, and lazy journalism.   

He was the only guy on the Chiefs that could cover anybody in 2017.  Makes perfect sense they would dump him. I don't think they plan to roll with Amerson and Fuller.  I guess the theory is that he will start sowing seeds if they can't extend him and they have cap trouble, but he is cheap for 2018 and they have the team option for 2019.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:18 AM, Zerovoltz said:

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

As opposed to the rest of the NFL, who are not cancers but will be out of the league in 3 years?

He was the only guy on the Chiefs that could cover anybody in 2017.  Makes perfect sense they would dump him. I don't think they plan to roll with Amerson and Fuller.  I guess the theory is that he will start sowing seeds if they can't extend him and they have cap trouble, but he is cheap for 2018 and they have the team option for 2019.

I don’t think it will ever happen either. Do however think that this partially stems from the Chiefs picking up that corner from Washington. Kid was rated #9 in the league and is 23.

If the Jets sign Cousins, they should trade down. If they trade down, I would give up that first rounder for Peters. He is a legit #1 CB, young, skilled as a man-press-cover CB and a playmaker- i.e. he gets INTs. Lets say the Bills traded up and we ended up with the 21st overall pick- I would give that up for Peters. And the Jets would have a plethora of draft picks left via their trade down. 

I would not trade the 6th overall pick for him. Even if we signed Cousins. I think the value is just not there. But he's certainly a fantastic CB. 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t think it will ever happen either. Do however think that this partially stems from the Chiefs picking up that corner from Washington. Kid was rated #9 in the league and is 23.

The Chiefs have seen first hand how having a top CB on one side and trash on the other works out. 

Archived