Kelly Dept.: Kelly posts links to articles and Big Bang Theory gifs here ~~~

kelly

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets have needed help along the OL since well before Mac even walked through the door. Mac abandoned the opportunity to grab Laremy Tunsil in 2016 to take DARRON LEE. I suspect Mac doesn't care about fixing the OL. The Lee pick gets you thinking how could it be any other way? Just another reason why I wonder how much longer Mac lasts?

42 minutes ago, Jetscreen said:

The Jets have needed help along the OL since well before Mac even walked through the door. Mac abandoned the opportunity to grab Laremy Tunsil in 2016 to take DARRON LEE. I suspect Mac doesn't care about fixing the OL. The Lee pick gets you thinking how could it be any other way? Just another reason why I wonder how much longer Mac lasts?

You can't believe that he picked Lee over a guy that went 7 spots higher?  Maccagnan supposedly tried to trade up for Tunsil but found the price too high.  Pretty sure that he would have taken Tunsil over Lee. By this rationale he neglected QB by taking Lee over WENTZ and GOFF 

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Former Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls is visiting the Jets on Thursday, a source confirmed. They've already added Isaiah Crowell to the backfield, but they're looking for more depth. Rawls is a non-tendered free agent. He was fantastic as an undrafted rookie in 2015 (830 yards), but injuries slowed him in 2016 and 2017. He averaged only 3.0 yards per carry over the last two seasons. He also visited the Cardinals.

>  http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

In theory there will be a couple day 2/3 guys that might be able to contribute.

There are also a couple guys that the 'experts' think need a year on the practice squad or as a reserve but that have the talent to grow into a starter.

I just hope we get a couple... I'm not sure if Mac would get crushed around here for using two picks on the OL, but I would applaud I think (depending on who he took...) because it's such a need. 

Guys like Brian O'Neil, Martinas Rankin, or Brandon Parker at tackle...

Or Frank Ragnow, Sean Welsh or maybe Braden Smith drops.

Or my "sleepers" G/C Colby Gossett out of Appalachian State. Or OT Brett Toth out of Army... I think he could develop into a star. 

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

In theory there will be a couple day 2/3 guys that might be able to contribute.

There are also a couple guys that the 'experts' think need a year on the practice squad or as a reserve but that have the talent to grow into a starter.

I just hope we get a couple... I'm not sure if Mac would get crushed around here for using two picks on the OL, but I would applaud I think (depending on who he took...) because it's such a need. 

Guys like Brian O'Neil, Martinas Rankin, or Brandon Parker at tackle...

Or Frank Ragnow, Sean Welsh or maybe Braden Smith drops.

Or my "sleepers" G/C Colby Gossett out of Appalachian State. Or OT Brett Toth out of Army... I think he could develop into a star. 

other than the 1st pick, if Mac spends all the rest of the picks on OL I'd be happy.

17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You can't believe that he picked Lee over a guy that went 7 spots higher?  Maccagnan supposedly tried to trade up for Tunsil but found the price too high.  Pretty sure that he would have taken Tunsil over Lee. By this rationale he neglected QB by taking Lee over WENTZ and GOFF 

You seem to forget if not for some stupid video about Tunsil smoking weed in a gas mask, he would have been the number 1 overall pick. The number 1 overall talent wise pick was available for Mac to trade up and get at number 10. Tremendous value. VERY disingenuous on your part to conveniently omit such important facts or that the alternative Darron Lee has been flat out garbage since being selected. There's a good chance Darron Lee gets benched this season his play has been so poor.

1 hour ago, Jetscreen said:

You seem to forget if not for some stupid video about Tunsil smoking weed in a gas mask, he would have been the number 1 overall pick. The number 1 overall talent wise pick was available for Mac to trade up and get at number 10. Tremendous value. VERY disingenuous on your part to conveniently omit such important facts or that the alternative Darron Lee has been flat out garbage since being selected. There's a good chance Darron Lee gets benched this season his play has been so poor.

It's VERY disingenuous for me to ignore Tunsil's weed video, but not for you to claim that Maccagnan passed him over for Darron Lee when Tunsil was gone 7 picks earlier?  Got it.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Pryor instantly improves the WR position here and becomes the #1 WR in my opinion. 

We still lack a big playmaker & a QB  ;)

FIXED ^ ^   ;)

cheers ~ ~ 

:wine:

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's VERY disingenuous for me to ignore Tunsil's weed video, but not for you to claim that Maccagnan passed him over for Darron Lee when Tunsil was gone 7 picks earlier?  Got it.

It's even worse than that. He could have traded up the Jets 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks. Those picks turned out to be Darron Lee, Christian Hackenberg, and Justin Burriss. Hack has never even played a single down?! Burriss is pure garbage just as much as Lee is. The whole collection is a net sum of ZERO. The trade up would have been a GREAT idea that mac didn't have the guts to pull off and we ended up going 5-11 on the season. Who else are you going to blame for that?

On 3/29/2018 at 8:58 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol Mac and Bowles would love and say they will never pick a Olineman before 5th round. Who cares about projecting the qb ha

I'm sort of putting my faith in this being a copy cat league... And with that idea in mind, maybe they watched the Eagles OL make Nick Foles look like the elitest of elite. 

I guess we'll see... If they come out of the draft without a new piece for the line I'm going to be so disappointed... I don't even care if it's a project piece that might not get in a game this year... But please at least try to find someone! 

Rich Cimini   ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets bolstered their depth by signing former Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls and former Dolphins LB Neville Hewitt. Rawls, who rushed for 830 yards as a rookie in 2015, was slowed by injuries and averaged only 3.0 yards per carry over the last two seasons. He was a non-tendered free agent. Hewitt (6-2, 234) has 104 tackles, one sack and one interception in his career. He should be a factor on special teams.

>  http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Jets made a big mistake signing Thomas Rawls

•  

The New York Jets came to terms with free agent running back Thomas Rawls. In the grand scheme of things, they made a big mistake bringing him into the mix.

When the New York Jets announced they were bringing free agent running back Thomas Rawls in for a visit, it was mostly met with negative reviews. While Rawls is an experienced running back spending three years with the Seattle Seahawks, he’s mostly known for being injury prone.

In an article written by Ethan Greenberg of NewYorkJets.com, he confirmed the Jetshave signed Rawls to the team. At this point in time, there are no contract details on how much they gave him or how long it’s for but needless to say, the Jets made a big mistake here.

Instead of focusing on perhaps giving Bilal Powell starting duties while mixing in newly signed Isaiah Crowell and Elijah McGuire, the Jets now have Rawls in the mix. They would have been better off using a mid or late-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft on a running back instead of taking a chance on a running back that’s spent more time being injured than actually on the gridiron.

Ideally, the Jets most likely signed Rawls as depth but again, they should have focused on who they currently have instead of taking another risk on a player that hasn’t proven he’s worth playing. Last season with the Seahawks, Rawls had another shortened season due to a severe leg injury.

Rawls totaled just 157 rushing yards, 58 attempts, and zero touchdowns. It’s expected that just like on the Seahawks, he’ll be used in a rotational role on the Jets but it just doesn’t make sense.

For a team that should have learned from last season by overusing an aging and often injured Matt Forte when Powell and McGuire were easily available, this latest signing doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

Overall, Rawls might hopefully turn out to be a good signing but this could very well be a move the Jets might regret depending on how much money they’ve invested and for how long. Those details haven’t been released as of yet so hopefully, it’s an inexpensive/one-year deal that is low risk and high reward if things pan out for the best. There’s nothing to prove, however, that this was a wise signing thanks to his past.

Archived