Kelly Dept.: Kelly posts links to articles and Big Bang Theory gifs here ~~~

kelly

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Amen. Invest in the O-line (via high draft picks) and your skilled position players will look like superstars.

I was hoping this Jets front office will adopt that philosophy. 

I hope they have learned from their mistakes. After we take a qb with 1st or 2nd pick, better see an Olineman picked in 2nd or 3rd round

The Jets’ run defense is dead last in the NFL. They have been shredded for 370 yards over two weeks. One of the main culprits has been second-year linebacker Darron Lee.

Lee was pushed around against the Raiders on Sunday. Guard Kelechi Osemele drove him 5 yards off the ball on one long touchdown run. Center Rodney Hudson pushed him to the ground on another. A tight end knocked him to the ground on a long gain by Marshawn Lynch.The 2016 first-round pick has been a disappointment. But don’t tell coach Todd Bowles that.“Darron is fine,” Bowles said. “You’re singling out Darron. We had a lot of guys not playing the run very well. Take that as you wish.”

Lee is only 230 pounds and looks overmatched against big offensive linemen. Bowles said that was not the case, though.“Situations are different,” Bowles said. “It’s a matter of whether he’s blitzing, what gap he’s supposed to be in and what he’s supposed to do. There were more guys involved in that play than you guys see. He’ll be fine. Linebackers hit and shed big linemen all day, every day. That’s their job.” Would he consider moving Lee outside ?

“He’s a linebacker,” Bowles said. “He’s going to play linebacker.”

rest of above article : 

>       http://nypost.com/2017/09/21/jets-not-giving-up-on-darron-lee/

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/09/jets_darron_lee_not_concerned_whatsoever_about_get.html

FLORHAM PARK -- Jets inside linebacker Darron Lee on Friday brushed off concerns about his play coming out of last Sunday's 45-20 loss at the Raiders. 

Several times during the game, Lee was pushed around by a bigger blocker. Lee said he weighs 236 pounds (up from 227 in the spring), which isn't exactly hulking. He is listed at 232.

But he insisted he isn't worried about handling himself in the run game. He did acknowledge, though, that he can do a better job with his technique, in order to shed blockers. 

"I'm confident in what I do," he said. "That's about it. I'm not sitting here saying I'm worried. If you're going to say I get worried over one play, that's not smart. I'm not concerned whatsoever." 

He believes he is plenty big enough to play inside linebacker in the NFL

"I feel like I'm perfectly fine," said Lee, who is 6-foot-1. 

Jets coach Todd Bowles feels all right about Lee's play through two games.

"My assessment of Darron is fine," Bowles said. "He's a linebacker for us. He plays well. He has some mistakes he can correct, just like everybody else on defense." 

Still, Lee didn't sound fully satisfied with how he performed in Oakland. 

"I should've been able to make a couple more run plays here and there," he said. "Just really getting to the ball, just making sure I'm there, then get the guy down. Tackling was a huge emphasis for everybody as a defense." 

When asked for his assessment of the defense through two games, Lee didn't hesitate. 

"Not very good, just like you know," he said. "Obviously, we've got to get better."

The Jets allowed 190 rushing yards in the Week 1 loss at the Bills and 180 rushing yards in the Week 2 loss at the Raiders. Lee detailed a couple technique improvements he can make to play more effectively against the run. 

"Keeping my eyes on the blocker first," he said. "There was one [in Oakland] with the tight end, I didn't focus on the block at all. And just being more aggressive at the point of attack." 

11 minutes ago, sciond said:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/09/jets_darron_lee_not_concerned_whatsoever_about_get.html

FLORHAM PARK -- Jets inside linebacker Darron Lee on Friday brushed off concerns about his play coming out of last Sunday's 45-20 loss at the Raiders. 

Several times during the game, Lee was pushed around by a bigger blocker. Lee said he weighs 236 pounds (up from 227 in the spring), which isn't exactly hulking. He is listed at 232.

But he insisted he isn't worried about handling himself in the run game. He did acknowledge, though, that he can do a better job with his technique, in order to shed blockers. 

"I'm confident in what I do," he said. "That's about it. I'm not sitting here saying I'm worried. If you're going to say I get worried over one play, that's not smart. I'm not concerned whatsoever." 

He believes he is plenty big enough to play inside linebacker in the NFL

"I feel like I'm perfectly fine," said Lee, who is 6-foot-1. 

Jets coach Todd Bowles feels all right about Lee's play through two games.

"My assessment of Darron is fine," Bowles said. "He's a linebacker for us. He plays well. He has some mistakes he can correct, just like everybody else on defense." 

Still, Lee didn't sound fully satisfied with how he performed in Oakland. 

"I should've been able to make a couple more run plays here and there," he said. "Just really getting to the ball, just making sure I'm there, then get the guy down. Tackling was a huge emphasis for everybody as a defense." 

When asked for his assessment of the defense through two games, Lee didn't hesitate. 

"Not very good, just like you know," he said. "Obviously, we've got to get better."

The Jets allowed 190 rushing yards in the Week 1 loss at the Bills and 180 rushing yards in the Week 2 loss at the Raiders. Lee detailed a couple technique improvements he can make to play more effectively against the run. 

"Keeping my eyes on the blocker first," he said. "There was one [in Oakland] with the tight end, I didn't focus on the block at all. And just being more aggressive at the point of attack." 

This guy may get cut when the new HC and GM rock up in 2018. He's not a 3-4 Linebacker OLB in a 4-3 perhaps. He's weak and small. He will be ran over all year, Jay Ajayi will run right over him. 

I think if used properly he can still be a good player.  He played olb at Ohio State and we drafted him to be something he obviously isn't.  I can see him going to a team that plays him properly and having a productive career.

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

I think if used properly he can still be a good player.  He played olb at Ohio State and we drafted him to be something he obviously isn't.  I can see him going to a team that plays him properly and having a productive career.

Very much a possibility although you would hope for better form the number 20 pick IMHO

-- The latest New York Jets stock watch, with risers and fallers from their overtime win over the Jacksonville Jaguars :

SIX UP

~ ~ The offensive line : Good blocking, coupled with a well-designed scheme, resulted in 256 yards on the ground. Powell and McGuire were untouched on their long scoring runs, the first time since 2009 that a team had two rushes of at least 65 yards before first contact or any contact. On McGuire's touchdown, guards Brian Winters and James Carpenter did a nice job of getting to the second level. Winters took out linebacker Myles Jack, giving McGuire a massive lane. It wasn't a clean game by the line (five sacks, three penalties), but you can't argue with 256 yards. And some of those sacks were on quarterback Josh McCown.

rest of above article : 

>    http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/71762/jets-two-headed-backfield-upstages-leonard-fournette

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

How 'bout the turnaround by the Jets' defense? After surrendering a league-high 66 points in the first games, the defense has allowed only two touchdowns in the last eight-plus quarters. The Jets tightened up their run defense, making their last two opponents one-dimensional. The linebackers, Demario Davis in particular, are doing a better job of reading keys and plugging running lanes.

>         http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

3 hours ago, kelly said:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

How 'bout the turnaround by the Jets' defense? After surrendering a league-high 66 points in the first games, the defense has allowed only two touchdowns in the last eight-plus quarters. The Jets tightened up their run defense, making their last two opponents one-dimensional. The linebackers, Demario Davis in particular, are doing a better job of reading keys and plugging running lanes.

>         http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

No Rich, the defensive linemen are tying up blockers and allowing the linebackers to flow to the ball . 

Man this line looked bad yesterday... The Jets need to address this and soon... There are a few 1st/2nd round talents in college right now (supposedly) and I really hope we target one. I know it's not as flashy as a QB, RB, CB or WR... But man... Jets won't go anywhere without a much better line.

How can anyone question Williams... The guy gives it his all out there. It's hard to do much of anything when the entire offensive line has only one person to guard against. They don't fear the rest of the line because while Ealy is the only other one on the line that has some talent, he's a 4-3 DLineman. Until we go 4-3 and Ealy can use some of his talents, then Williams will be non-existent because MO is garbage, and we don't have a bonafide NT in the 3-4.

Just now, 68JET11 said:

How can anyone question Williams... The guy gives it his all out there. It's hard to do much of anything when the entire offensive line has only one person to guard against. They don't fear the rest of the line because while Ealy is the only other one on the line that has some talent, he's a 4-3 DLineman. Until we go 4-3 and Ealy can use some of his talents, then Williams will be non-existent because MO is garbage, and we don't have a bonafide NT in the 3-4.

He's a good solid player. Seems like a good guy. Using 6th overall to take him looks iffy at best. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He's a good solid player. Seems like a good guy. Using 6th overall to take him looks iffy at best. 

He is a solid player, but nobody was complaining about him in his 1st 2 years... What all of a sudden he's forgotten how to play football ? I just think he's getting more double teams now.

NFL's bottom five offensive blocking walls: Jets given a D-

That New York's line isn't ranked at the very bottom is a product of the team's surprising 3-3 start. Can it remain out of the O-line cellar over the season's final two-thirds ?

>     http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/21057086/nfl-ranking-best-worst-offensive-lines-football-which-trends-continue

Archived