Is something wrong with the site?

JetFanatic

59 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Every time I input the website to bring me to Jetnation.com it takes me to some other website that resembles a virus and it's starting to happen every single time.  Is there a fix for this?  What's going on??

Takes you to New England Patriots home page ?

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I thought that was the Mod Lounge. I heard they give each other all kinds of viruses.

It's true. And then we get redirected back to the mod lounge. Vicious cycle. 

I got it earlier today. It basically locked my computer up telling me to NOT reboot or shutdown my computer because then they won't be able to fix it and everything will be lost forever. Of course the 1st thing I did was shut it down, waited a few then restarted it. It's fine now. These pricks are so clever....why don't they find a cure for cancer or something.

I've given up on JN on my mobile.  The redirect issue comes and goes but it always comes back.  

On PC I generally do fine, no issues, no redirects.

And no, it's definitely not my machines, be assured.

Gotta be tough running a site, so I feel for Max and his support folks.  Have no doubt it's caused by one or another of the adverts, but how else can we expect Max to pay the bills?  Lord knows going full Soothsayer and asking for subs is a bad idea.  

31 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I do not believe that it is malware installed.  Believe me.  If I had installed malware there would be five guys outside my office in about 2 minutes.  

i have a paid version of malware bytes running, i also run ESET, and i started to get it several times a day. its horrible it locks the computer and i have to kill it through the task manager.

12 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Every time I input the website to bring me to Jetnation.com it takes me to some other website that resembles a virus and it's starting to happen every single time.  Is there a fix for this?  What's going on??

virus.......... saew it once before yars ago,, couldnt fix, so had IT guy at work handle..he said he was seeing it 10 times a day bak then,,took him 10 minutes,,if u worl at company get IT guy to fix..

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I've given up on JN on my mobile.  The redirect issue comes and goes but it always comes back.  

On PC I generally do fine, no issues, no redirects.

And no, it's definitely not my machines, be assured.

Gotta be tough running a site, so I feel for Max and his support folks.  Have no doubt it's caused by one or another of the adverts, but how else can we expect Max to pay the bills?  Lord knows going full Soothsayer and asking for subs is a bad idea.  

@The Crusher got subs with extra bacon as part of his deal. 

For all my pontificating about our team's FO being bad negotiators, it's clear I could have held out for more than 2 minutes of making vroom & tire screech noises in the driver's seat of @Maxman's RV. In my defense I did get him to blow the horn. Hey now!

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

virus.......... saew it once before yars ago,, couldnt fix, so had IT guy at work handle..he said he was seeing it 10 times a day bak then,,took him 10 minutes,,if u worl at company get IT guy to fix..

No. This isn't a virus, it is a redirect.

Hope to have it fixed soon.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Thank you

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Working on it now, this actually isn't ad related. There is redirect code that was inserted through a WordPress Plugin. Have most of it removed, running several scans to make sure we get it all cleaned up.

Sorry about this and thanks for your patience.

I’d rather you not fix it. I’m trying to win a $1000 Walmart gift card. 

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Working on it now, this actually isn't ad related. There is redirect code that was inserted through a WordPress Plugin. Have most of it removed, running several scans to make sure we get it all cleaned up.

It's no problem at all I'd still come here every single day of my life even if it was virus ridden :D  I'm a lifer.

2 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

I don't know about you, but explaining to my IT people why I am on JN is not part of my daily routine. 

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I appreciate you working on this, but YOU LIED TO ME YESTERDAY!  ;)

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It was quite distressing. Green Balls will be contacting you ;)

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know about you, but explaining to my IT people why I am on JN is not part of my daily routine. 

I appreciate you working on this, but YOU LIED TO ME YESTERDAY!  ;)

Not so much of a lie, as bad info. We had our web dev guy remove malicious code. He said it was fixed, but there was more code. That let them back in. Today, we have changed all the passwords, removed all the impacted files and have run several scans. It is coming up clean right now but we are still working on a few other things. Want to be safe.

Thanks,

Archived