JetFanatic

Is something wrong with the site?

Rate this topic

59 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Every time I input the website to bring me to Jetnation.com it takes me to some other website that resembles a virus and it's starting to happen every single time.  Is there a fix for this?  What's going on??

Takes you to New England Patriots home page ?

I got it on a tablet. Some sort of browser app tried to get me to download the app from the appstore after claiming I had a virus lol

I thought that was the Mod Lounge. I heard they give each other all kinds of viruses.

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I thought that was the Mod Lounge. I heard they give each other all kinds of viruses.

It's true. And then we get redirected back to the mod lounge. Vicious cycle. 

I got it earlier today. It basically locked my computer up telling me to NOT reboot or shutdown my computer because then they won't be able to fix it and everything will be lost forever. Of course the 1st thing I did was shut it down, waited a few then restarted it. It's fine now. These pricks are so clever....why don't they find a cure for cancer or something.

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

There is an Ebola outbreak and it is spreading

That’s not funny. My uncle died of Ebola

I've given up on JN on my mobile.  The redirect issue comes and goes but it always comes back.  

On PC I generally do fine, no issues, no redirects.

And no, it's definitely not my machines, be assured.

Gotta be tough running a site, so I feel for Max and his support folks.  Have no doubt it's caused by one or another of the adverts, but how else can we expect Max to pay the bills?  Lord knows going full Soothsayer and asking for subs is a bad idea.  

10 hours ago, slats said:

It's true. And then we get redirected back to the mod lounge. Vicious cycle. 

Jetnation is the public toilet of the Internet 

31 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I do not believe that it is malware installed.  Believe me.  If I had installed malware there would be five guys outside my office in about 2 minutes.  

i have a paid version of malware bytes running, i also run ESET, and i started to get it several times a day. its horrible it locks the computer and i have to kill it through the task manager.

12 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Every time I input the website to bring me to Jetnation.com it takes me to some other website that resembles a virus and it's starting to happen every single time.  Is there a fix for this?  What's going on??

virus.......... saew it once before yars ago,, couldnt fix, so had IT guy at work handle..he said he was seeing it 10 times a day bak then,,took him 10 minutes,,if u worl at company get IT guy to fix..

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I've given up on JN on my mobile.  The redirect issue comes and goes but it always comes back.  

On PC I generally do fine, no issues, no redirects.

And no, it's definitely not my machines, be assured.

Gotta be tough running a site, so I feel for Max and his support folks.  Have no doubt it's caused by one or another of the adverts, but how else can we expect Max to pay the bills?  Lord knows going full Soothsayer and asking for subs is a bad idea.  

@The Crusher got subs with extra bacon as part of his deal. 

For all my pontificating about our team's FO being bad negotiators, it's clear I could have held out for more than 2 minutes of making vroom & tire screech noises in the driver's seat of @Maxman's RV. In my defense I did get him to blow the horn. Hey now!

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

virus.......... saew it once before yars ago,, couldnt fix, so had IT guy at work handle..he said he was seeing it 10 times a day bak then,,took him 10 minutes,,if u worl at company get IT guy to fix..

No. This isn't a virus, it is a redirect.

Hope to have it fixed soon.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Thank you