Jets OTA’s Day 1

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Josh McCown shouldn’t be taking any reps, he is a glorified coach, and should not even be in consideration for the starting QB job if Bridgewater is healthy, it should be Darnold vs Bridgewater end of story.

13 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Its the first day of OTAs and he's the incumbent starter, he's gonna take some reps. 

He will take reps, but like last year, he won't need much time in the exhibition games. That will go to Teddy and Darnold and like last year if they don't win the job in those games, Mccown will start year behind center. 

That's what is great about having Mccown around, he isn't selfish and paranoid like most starting QBs. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

i don't know about that - the question is - if Indy stayed at 3 - would they have gotten a better offer than what the Jets gave them earlier.  I believe they would.  

If Teddy shows promise i think we can get at least our second for next year back.   maybe we ask for 2 threes instead since we are very bad at second rounders.  

With Darnold there they would have definitely gotten more. No one could realistically predict that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Vikings gave up a first for sam bradford I think it is possible we could get that for Bridgewater

The trend is to win the Super Bowl a year ahead of schedule with your backup while your pricey first round pick sits on the bench.  Just look at Philadelphia. This is a trend based league. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Good point, I forgot to include the 3 day rookie mini-camp when he was playing with HS gym teachers, because that does give a much deeper look into his ability to be a successful pro. 

I mean hes 20 and arguably the best QB prospect in the last 5+ years to come out of college, so I think 8 hours of on field practice is enough to make the decision to move on.

Just ordered a Bridgewater jersey. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if the Jets have a trade in place for Hackenberg. Not for a pick, obviously, but for an end-of-the-roster player from another team. 

Good call. Guessing it becomes a 7th if he makes raiders 53 man roster otherwise nothing in return. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

D. Smith is still on the team? Someone give that guy some growth hormones. What's the worst that could happen, the guy gets caught and misses the season?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

I love me some Teddy Bee -- which isn't news if you remember the draft that year -- but if his knee holds up, how do you not start him? 

Unfortunately, if he's good enough to start (and win) then he's going to be unaffordable in 2019. How good would Bridgewater have to be to consider franchising him? I don't think Teddy would sign extension with Sam on the roster.  

I mentioned something similar previously.  IF we assume Hack and McCown are off the roster next year then I think the Jets could certainly afford to franchise Teddy B. while having Darnold on a rookie contract.  Jets have a ton of Cap space heading into 2019 again.  It wouldn't be fun but it can certainly be done.  At that point, I think the Jets would be looking for a trade.....or not.  Let's see how Darnold looks in 2018.  Not completely out of the question that Bridgewater could be the best QB on the team even as Darnold is heading into Year 2.

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

he's had his rookie mini camp also.  has he really shown us ANYTHING so far?   we hung around with Hack way too long according to many posters.  let's not make the same mistake here with Sam.  

All I can say is...........

yellow text font

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Was a pleasure covering OTA’s today. Will definitely do them as long as the beat writers provide the updates on Twitter.

Thank you, PK for taking your time out to do this for us, it's greatly appreciated! 

• Upvote 1

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)

5/22/18, 4:38 PM

Todd Bowles confirms that Terrelle Pryor did suffer an injury. That's why he didn't participate in OTAs today. Won't elaborate on his availability moving forward. twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/sta…

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN)

5/22/18, 4:38 PM

Todd Bowles confirms that Terrelle Pryor did suffer an injury. That's why he didn't participate in OTAs today. Won't elaborate on his availability moving forward. twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/sta…

I'm getting two narratives from this forum:

1) Pryor was injured BEFORE OTAs and was hiding it from the team and THUS, din't practice.

2) Pryor was injured DURING OTAs and did practice on the field at SOME point was injured early?

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Off the top of my head here are the teams that could/would be looking
for a QB due to the age of their starter, no future QB or shaky play:

MIA
NE (I know it would never happen)
JAX
CIN
SD
NYG (Wouldn't that be hysterical)
WSH
NO

I could absolutely see the Patriots bring Hackenberg in if he were available.  

43 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm getting two narratives from this forum:

1) Pryor was injured BEFORE OTAs and was hiding it from the team and THUS, din't practice.

2) Pryor was injured DURING OTAs and did practice on the field at SOME point was injured early?

Some fans tweeted a Pic of his ankle in a cast before OTAs today.

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I think that's pretty wrong. 

McCown, Bridgewater, Darnold, and Hack 

are NOT BETTER THAN: 

2000 QBs: Testeverde, Ray Lucas, Chad Penington. 

Perhaps. I was not including Hack.  I think Lucas is the worst the six. It depends how good Darnold will be

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I think that's pretty wrong. 

McCown, Bridgewater, Darnold, and Hack 

are NOT BETTER THAN: 

2000 QBs: Testeverde, Ray Lucas, Chad Penington. 

Are you talking about for this upcoming season?  If so then even though I still disagree with you, I can at least see your argument.  But if we're allowed to account for the future, I'd take this year's QB situation easily.