Jets OTA’s Day 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I love me some Teddy Bee -- which isn't news if you remember the draft that year -- but if his knee holds up, how do you not start him? 

Unfortunately, if he's good enough to start (and win) then he's going to be unaffordable in 2019. How good would Bridgewater have to be to consider franchising him? I don't think Teddy would sign extension with Sam on the roster.  

Hopefully that's the problem we have in 2019.  The Jets are going to have
another 90-100 million in cap space next year so they could easily franchise
Bridgewater while they arrange a trade

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I love me some Teddy Bee -- which isn't news if you remember the draft that year -- but if his knee holds up, how do you not start him? 

Unfortunately, if he's good enough to start (and win) then he's going to be unaffordable in 2019. How good would Bridgewater have to be to consider franchising him? I don't think Teddy would sign extension with Sam on the roster.  

You'd have to franchise him.  Then the hard decisions come, about trading him, giving him another season, etc.

Good problem to have.

• Upvote 1

We have more cap space than any other team next year we could afford to keep him if we wanted obviously it is not a good option or a likely one but there is always an option to trade darnold if they think Bridgewater was our franchise guy. Would be far more likely for us to trade bridge this season though

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

We have more cap space than any other team next year we could afford to keep him if we wanted obviously it is not a good option or a likely one but there is always an option to trade darnold if they think Bridgewater was our franchise guy. Would be far more likely for us to trade bridge this season though

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

Hopefully that's the problem we have in 2019.  The Jets are going to have
another 90-100 million in cap space next year so they could easily franchise
Bridgewater while they arrange a trade

I agree, our cap situation affords us the opportunity to franchise him and even see it through if we wanted to..

but my question is -- what do we need to see from him to make that a comfortable choice? Don't think 8 wins does it. he'd have to take us into Playoffs. Otherwise, you just have to move on. 

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You'd have to franchise him.  Then the hard decisions come, about trading him, giving him another season, etc.

Good problem to have.

McCown won't return.... Teddy and Darnold battle it out. Either keep a very good backup or trade.

I agree, our cap situation affords us the opportunity to franchise him and even see it through if we wanted to..

but my question is -- what do we need to see from him to make that a comfortable choice? Don't think 8 wins does it. he'd have to take us into Playoffs. Otherwise, you just have to move on. 
He would have to look decent and mccown and darnold would have to look terrible. Honestly there is no good situation I can think of with Bridgewater on our roster next season, it would be worst case scenario.

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I would think it just looks pretty obvious, and you just know it when you see it. If he's out there carrying the team every week and putting the team in position to win, putting up points, etc. And if he's playing that great, I would assume playoffs are in the picture. 

He can't play well one week and then flop the next. That's not give anyone confidence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1