Jets OTA’s Day 1

42 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why would Hackenberg get any reps? He is PS eligible and 4th on the depth chart at OTAs

Put em’ on the PS squad 

There is no PS until Sept. you just cant put somone on the PS. They must clear waivers. And this IS practice. 

• Upvote 1

could we get multiple number 1st for Sam?  
Doubtful we would get back what we gave up for him. There would be lots of interest but might be a better scenario if we trade bridgewater for a first to a team like the broncos. Might be able to get a first and change from the dolphins if Bridgewater looked good through training camp

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Off the top of my head here are the teams that could/would be looking
for a QB due to the age of their starter, no future QB or shaky play:

MIA
NE (I know it would never happen)
JAX
CIN
SD
NYG (Wouldn't that be hysterical)
WSH
NO

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Hopefully that's the problem we have in 2019.  The Jets are going to have
another 90-100 million in cap space next year so they could easily franchise
Bridgewater while they arrange a trade

I can't see it getting that far. I think they try to trade him this year, and/or maybe pick and choose in free agency from cut players who don't count in the compensation pick formula and try to get a couple comp picks in 2020. While I expect them to be active in free agency next year, they do have a lot of players on one year, or in the last year, of their current deals. It would take more interest in obtaining comp picks than Mac has previously shown, though. 

Franchise tagging Teddy would tie up close to $30M. Despite the cap room, I don't see it happening. Next year there will be a playoff push. They're going to need an influx of talent, and they'll be aggressive in the edge rusher and OL markets. I would expect McCown back for another season at backup, hopefully at a reduced rate. 

Starting Teddy, then trading him as the starter before the deadline is the best case scenario, imho. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I can't see it getting that far. I think they try to trade him this year, and/or maybe pick and choose in free agency from cut players who don't count in the compensation pick formula and try to get a couple comp picks in 2020. While I expect them to be active in free agency next year, they do have a lot of players on one year, or in the last year, of their current deals. It would take more interest in obtaining comp picks than Mac has previously shown, though. 

Franchise tagging Teddy would tie up close to $30M. Despite the cap room, I don't see it happening. Next year there will be a playoff push. They're going to need an influx of talent, and they'll be aggressive in the edge rusher and OL markets. I would expect McCown back for another season at backup, hopefully at a reduced rate. 

Starting Teddy, then trading him as the starter before the deadline is the best case scenario, imho. 

I agree. I think they hope to showcase Teddy in the preseason and work out a trade this year with a team that loses their QB to injury.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Doubtful we would get back what we gave up for him. There would be lots of interest but might be a better scenario if we trade bridgewater for a first to a team like the broncos. Might be able to get a first and change from the dolphins if Bridgewater looked good through training camp

Are people really talking about trading SAM DARNOLD after day 1 of OTAs?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I agree. I think they hope to showcase Teddy in the preseason and work out a trade this year with a team that loses their QB to injury.

Feels weird we'd wanna trade away a young QB that plays well enough to get a good draft pick back. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

i don't know about that - the question is - if Indy stayed at 3 - would they have gotten a better offer than what the Jets gave them earlier.  I believe they would.  

If Teddy shows promise i think we can get at least our second for next year back.   maybe we ask for 2 threes instead since we are very bad at second rounders.  

i don't know about that - the question is - if Indy stayed at 3 - would they have gotten a better offer than what the Jets gave them earlier.  I believe they would.  
If Teddy shows promise i think we can get at least our second for next year back.   maybe we ask for 2 threes instead since we are very bad at second rounders.  
Vikings gave up a first for sam bradford I think it is possible we could get that for Bridgewater

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he's had his rookie mini camp also.  has he really shown us ANYTHING so far?   we hung around with Hack way too long according to many posters.  let's not make the same mistake here with Sam.  

Good point, I forgot to include the 3 day rookie mini-camp when he was playing with HS gym teachers, because that does give a much deeper look into his ability to be a successful pro. 

I mean hes 20 and arguably the best QB prospect in the last 5+ years to come out of college, so I think 8 hours of on field practice is enough to make the decision to move on.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he's had his rookie mini camp also.  has he really shown us ANYTHING so far?   we hung around with Hack way too long according to many posters.  let's not make the same mistake here with Sam.  

WTF 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Good point, I forgot to include the 3 day rookie mini-camp when he was playing with HS gym teachers, because that does give a much deeper look into his ability to be a successful pro. 

I mean hes 20 and arguably the best QB prospect in the last 5+ years to come out of college, so I think 8 hours of on field practice is enough to make the decision to move on.

good to see you are slowly coming around to my viewpoint.  

i'll understand if it takes you a little bit of time.