Rate this topic

I agree, our cap situation affords us the opportunity to franchise him and even see it through if we wanted to..

but my question is -- what do we need to see from him to make that a comfortable choice? Don't think 8 wins does it. he'd have to take us into Playoffs. Otherwise, you just have to move on. 
He would have to look decent and mccown and darnold would have to look terrible. Honestly there is no good situation I can think of with Bridgewater on our roster next season, it would be worst case scenario.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

skeptical. nothing would make me happier tho. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I agree, our cap situation affords us the opportunity to franchise him and even see it through if we wanted to..

but my question is -- what do we need to see from him to make that a comfortable choice? Don't think 8 wins does it. he'd have to take us into Playoffs. Otherwise, you just have to move on. 

I would think it just looks pretty obvious, and you just know it when you see it. If he's out there carrying the team every week and putting the team in position to win, putting up points, etc. And if he's playing that great, I would assume playoffs are in the picture. 

He can't play well one week and then flop the next. That's not give anyone confidence. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if the Jets have a trade in place for Hackenberg. Not for a pick, obviously, but for an end-of-the-roster player from another team. 

that's why they aren't playing him.  don't want to risk injury.  :-)

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Just drove out to Jets camp because I read that it was public and now they won’t let me in wtf

Don't worry skippy , gas up the Vespa and head over to Chuckie Cheese for some lunch instead 😄

42 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why would Hackenberg get any reps? He is PS eligible and 4th on the depth chart at OTAs

Put em’ on the PS squad 

There is no PS until Sept. you just cant put somone on the PS. They must clear waivers. And this IS practice. 

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

These Bridgewater reports are promising.  If his knee is sound, give him a dang 3 year contract.

could we get multiple number 1st for Sam?