NY Jets Trade Christian Hackenberg

Well, that didn’t take long.

Following some somewhat controversial comments earlier today, the Jets have reportedly traded quarterback Christian Hackenberg to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a conditional 7th round draft choice according to Connor Hughes.

In two seasons with the Jets, the second-round pick didn’t take a single regular season snap.

The post Report: Jets Deal Hackenberg to Raiders appeared first on NY Jets News.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
gVyMk5K7Nys

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

Huge whiff by Maccagnan. Good thing he made the move up for Darnold or there might’ve been airplane banners over Florham Park today...

I wouldn’t call it a “huge whiff” he didn’t give up a lot for him. Low tier 2nd rounder is hardly a miss. Darnold on the other hand will be a colossal disaster if he doesn’t pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

I don't get it.

Why now?  Why not let him make a few throws in preseason to show him off, or at least get some training camp tape?

No room for him I guess when we have a rehabbing FA and an young one to break in.

Feel terrible for that guy. Always a good attitude, and didn't get a chance to even see what an NFL football looked like.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dcronin said:

I don't get it.

Why now?  Why not let him make a few throws in preseason to show him off, or at least get some training camp tape?

No room for him I guess when we have a rehabbing FA and an young one to break in.

Feel terrible for that guy. Always a good attitude, and didn't get a chance to even see what an NFL football looked like.

His comments today is why now.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Barkus said:

I guess Teddy looked good enough that they felt confident dumping the hackster. I'm thinking they keep these 3 qbs all year. Unless Darnold looks amazing and challenges for the starting job. 

Think you nailed it right there, Hoss

• Upvote 1

I hope this kid can resurrect his career with a change of scenery.  And this is for Prime21 and countless others who will bash Hack. He was never given a fair shot here , I don't care what anyone says. He clearly needed a lot of work and development from the staff and in an environment where the systems and coaches didn't change every year. 

So who becomes the whipping boy now that the QB pinata is gone. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 8