NY Jets Trade Christian Hackenberg

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep. Forget the whole package offhand exactly, but the sticking point was allegedly a 3rd round pick. Goff or Wentz. 

The thing that bothers me was that all of 2016 they made a big deal that he supposedly really wanted Wentz.  Then when Goff looked good last year, it turned into Goff or Wentz.  Goff's tiny hands still kind of bother me. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

The thing that bothers me was that all of 2016 they made a big deal that he supposedly really wanted Wentz.  Then when Goff looked good last year, it turned into Goff or Wentz.  Goff's tiny hands still kind of bother me. 

Maybe not ideal for the job, I’ll grant you, but they did make your dick seem bigger.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SMC said:

Exactly.  And PFF wasn't alone.  There was a report that many teams also had Hack as undraftable.  It was an incredible wiff by Macc. 

But if things work out with Darnold, no one is going to remember the Hack mistake. People remember that Jerry Krause drafted Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant in the 1987 draft, but forget that he drafted 1st round lottery bust Brad Sellers the year before.

We wasted 4 second round picks to get our qb ( hopefully) most teams find very talented starters in the second round. I can’t think of 1 decent 1 for jets in a long time. Maybe that’s why we have sucked so bad all these yrs ?.  The guy giants drafted in 2nd round looks like a bull dozier guard. Of course Mac will never pick a OL before 5th round ??  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

15 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We wasted 4 second round picks to get our qb ( hopefully) most teams find very talented starters in the second round. I can’t think of 1 decent 1 for jets in a long time. Maybe that’s why we have sucked so bad all these yrs ?.  The guy giants drafted in 2nd round looks like a bull dozier guard. Of course Mac will never pick a OL before 5th round ??  

All true, but hitting on a QB masks a lot of screw ups.

16 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If Darnold is the real deal then those picks weren't wasted at all.  I still feel like that draft is going to go down as one of the best days in Jets history.  I feel optimistic about the franchise for once.  Of course it's still going to take a couple of years but I think we're FINALLY on the right course.  I know people will say "Macc got lucky" but that's how many teams do it.  The Packers got Aaron Rodgers because he fell to them.  The Colts got Peyton because they stunk in the right year (and Peyton elected not to leave school after both his Sophomore and Junior years).  The Dolphins got Marino because teams (including us) passed over him.  The list goes on.

• More Ugh 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Darnold is the real deal then those picks weren't wasted at all.  I still feel like that draft is going to go down as one of the best days in Jets history.  I feel optimistic about the franchise for once.  Of course it's still going to take a couple of years but I think we're FINALLY on the right course.  I know people will say "Macc got lucky" but that's how many teams do it.  The Packers got Aaron Rodgers because he fell to them.  The Colts got Peyton because they stunk in the right year (and Peyton elected not to leave school after both his Sophomore and Junior years).  The Dolphins got Marino because teams (including us) passed over him.  The list goes on.

This is the best opportunity to land a young potential franchise QB this team has had in a very long time. Had Mac not traded with the Colts, we wouldn't have Darnold right now.  I don't care about anyone's alternative scenarios because none of them have Darnold, so they are automatically worse, in my opinion of course.  Dumb luck or not, I would gladly shake Mac's hand and thank him for getting us this opportunity. 

17 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Marcus Maye

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let’s back up. The packers got Rodgers at end of the first round because teams were stupid and thought he was too short. Rodgers was suppose to be a top 5 pick. Colts not only got lucky with manning, but Luck too.. I know it was asking too much for idiot Bowles to just win 3 games. Draft darnold and keep all 3 2nd round picks. But Todd Bowles plays for the Toilet bowl ??

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 5/23/2018 at 2:40 PM, TeddEY said:

PFF, who called him "undraftable" even said his freshman year wasn't very good by their measures.  An overly simplistic look at the data shows Hack's freshman year was pretty much just throwing the ball up to Allen Robinson.  Robinson accounts for something like more than the next 7 targets combined, yards wise.

I’ve only been saying that for 2+ years now

On 5/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Let’s back up. The packers got Rodgers at end of the first round because teams were stupid and thought he was too short. Rodgers was suppose to be a top 5 pick. Colts not only got lucky with manning, but Luck too.. I know it was asking too much for idiot Bowles to just win 3 games. Draft darnold and keep all 3 2nd round picks. But Todd Bowles plays for the Toilet bowl ??

It was also right before the nfl became a totally qb centric league.  

• 4 years later...