NY Jets Trade Christian Hackenberg

And so ends the worst pick in jets history. Worse than even the ghost.

Gotta admit, I am little peeved that we didn’t see him take any live reps on Sunday in 2 lost years of floundering at QB. that’s some other level sh*t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Just now, batman10023 said:

i don't get this at all.  what is the downside to keeping him?  we are going to need a number 2 next year.  why not keep Hack and try to see if his new motion works out. 

I think he was starting to ruffle feathers in Florham Park.  Bad attitudes are not allowed at 1 Jets Drive.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, RSJ said:

It is kind of amazing that Bowles can trot any rookie stooge on defense out there to make a million mistakes that costs the team games - but this kid never got a single snap. If Darnold doesnt show anything this season Bowles needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Come on. Odds of Darnold not showing anything is ZERO. He is the best QB prospect since Luck, he is not a 2nd rounder with upside.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

i don't get this at all.  what is the downside to keeping him?  we are going to need a number 2 next year.  why not keep Hack and try to see if his new motion works out. 

hqdefault.jpg 

If Kylie Minogue can kickstart a career doing it, who’s to say Hackenberg can’t?

I’m with you.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

I don't get it.

Why now?  Why not let him make a few throws in preseason to show him off, or at least get some training camp tape?

No room for him I guess when we have a rehabbing FA and an young one to break in.

Feel terrible for that guy. Always a good attitude, and didn't get a chance to even see what an NFL football looked like.

In all fairness they gave him a lot of preseason play last year to see what he could do. Just didn’t pan out. These coaches have worked with him for 2 years and see much more than we do. Unfortunately he’s just not the guy. I wish him well.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I hope this kid can resurrect his career with a change of scenery.  And this is for Prime21 and countless others who will bash Hack. He was never given a fair shot here , I don't care what anyone says. He clearly needed a lot of work and development from the staff and in an environment where the systems and coaches didn't change every year. 

So who becomes the whipping boy now that the QB pinata is gone. 

Gruden liked him predraft. What does Oakland’s depth chart look like? EJ Manuel? Connor Cook? 

He’ll get his chance. And similar O to what Jets ran last yr and this yr. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

His comments today is why now.

Yeah, I think Hack did that on purpose. He wasn't going to get a shot here. At least in Oakland, he gets a fresh start with a coach that liked him. The reality is that Carr is already a franchise QB so barring an injury he isn't going to get a shot go start, tut at least he will have a shot to battle it out for the backup job with Cook/Manuel. If Bridgewater is healthy, mccown is healthy and Darnold is around there is no way Hack ever gets on the field. 

• Upvote 1

For anyone that's ever traded stocks, Hack is that one bad position that you kept hoping would bounce, that you promised God you would go to church every Sunday for the rest of your life if you could just get back to break even, but that kept getting worse and worse...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, I think Hack did that on purpose. He wasn't going to get a shot here. At least in Oakland, he gets a fresh start with a coach that liked him. The reality is that Carr is already a franchise QB so barring an injury he isn't going to get a shot go start, tut at least he will have a shot to battle it out for the backup job with Cook/Manuel. If Bridgewater is healthy, mccown is healthy and Darnold is around there is no way Hack ever gets on the field. 

I wonder if the jets get a 7th if hack makes their practice squad.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

5/22/18, 4:48 PM

Tidbits on the Christian Hackenberg trade to Oakland: 1. The #Raiders won’t release another QB in the short-term. 2. The pick conditions are tied to him being on the roster a certain number of games. 3. His comments did not lead to the trade. Had nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

Wonder if his comments today expidited this...

Actually, I'll give both the Jets and Hackenberg the benefit of the doubt.  This trade didn't just happen right after practice.  I'm sure there had been some discussions leading up to it.  The fact that Hack wasn't given many reps at all today probably meant the Jets were trying to keep him from getting injured as that would goof up the pending trade.  No wonder Hack was pissed about reps but now we know why he didn't get them.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Gotta admit, I am little peeved that we didn’t see him take any live reps on Sunday in 2 lost years of floundering at QB. that’s some other level sh*t

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not even close . Gholston was a Edge rushing 1st round pick that never even recorded a sack. 

Agreed. 2nd round picks bust all the time. Whether that player ever plays a down in the NFL or not, is irrelevant. Gholston only ever got on the field because he was high 1st round pick. 

I think some people get caught up in the fact that he never played an NFL down. If somehow he would have gotten into 3 games, and was Brock Osweiller-horrible the pick would have been a better value.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't think it was the worst pick ever, but Hack can now join our Mount Rushmore of 2nd round disasters from this decade:

Christian Hackenberg

Devin Smith

Jace Amaro

Stephen Hill

This was done the right way, like ripping off a bandaid. 

Sam is the future and there’s no upside in having Hack hang around. Every move Macc makes going forward must be made with Sam Darnold’s development in mind. Today he traded a guy who simply wasn’t in cards anymore for all of the QB coaching MUST be used on Sam.

Good luck to him though, but seeing he’s going to an AFC rival, not too much!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

For anyone that's ever traded stocks, Hack is that one bad position that you kept hoping would bounce, that you promised God you would go to church every Sunday for the rest of your life if you could just get back to break even, but that kept getting worse and worse...

Should we call it a "Dead Hack Bounce"?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nah. Gholston at #6 was the worst. Did nothing. 

And Jets once drafted an OL in the 2nd round that they cut during his rookie training camp. 

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

This was done the right way, like ripping off a bandaid. 

Sam is the future and there’s no upside in having Hack hang around. Every move Macc makes going forward must be made with Sam Darnold’s development in mind. Today he traded a guy who simply wasn’t in cards anymore for all of the QB coaching MUST be used on Sam.

Good luck to him though, but seeing he’s going to an AFC rival, not too much!

When did we fire Bowles ???

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1