2019 NFL Draft To Be Hosted In Nashville

JetNation

NFL_Draft.jpg

Courtesy NFL Communications

2019 NFL DRAFT TO BE HOSTED IN NASHVILLE

Massive Free Fan Festival and Draft Celebrations to Span Historic Downtown District

The 84th NFL Draft will take place on April 25-27, 2019 in Nashville, incorporating iconic city landmarks across the Music City stretching from Lower Broadway to Nissan Stadium.

The announcement was made today at the annual Spring League Meeting in Atlanta following a review of the proposal by the Super Bowl & Major Events Advisory Committee and full ownership. This is the result of a comprehensive evaluation process over the past several months of plans submitted by various cities to host the 2019 NFL Draft.

“Following an exciting and successful event in Dallas, we’re thrilled to take the NFL Draft to Nashville. The city has a passionate fan base and offers iconic locations that will enable us to expand the Draft in unique ways,” said NFL Commissioner ROGER GOODELL. “We look forward to working with the Tennessee Titans, the City of Nashville, and the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corp to deliver a memorable celebration of football to our fans and incoming players.”

The NFL Draft returns to primetime with Round 1 on Thursday, April 25. Rounds 2 and 3 will follow on Friday, April 26, and Rounds 4-7 will conclude the event on Saturday, April 27.

As part of the event, the NFL Draft Experience Presented By Oikos Triple Zero®  a massive free football festival – will allow fans of all teams to participate and test their football skills, enjoy interactive exhibits and autograph sessions, and take pictures with the Vince Lombardi Trophy. The Draft Experience will be open all three days of the event.

“We are thrilled for the city of Nashville, our fans and our team, that we have been selected to host the 2019 NFL Draft,” said AMY ADAMS STRUNK, Tennessee Titans Controlling Owner. “The city and the Titans put a lot of effort into this proposal and we can’t wait to see it come to life next year. I personally would like to thank Commissioner Goodell and the NFL for this opportunity; Metro Nashville Government, led by Mayor David Briley; Butch Spyridon at the CVC; Scott Ramsey at the Sports Council; and all those who have contributed to this effort. Nashville is known as an entertainment destination and we look forward to showing the football world what that looks like on a very big stage.”

“Nashville is honored to host the 2019 NFL Draft. We are prepared to deliver a unique Music City experience and an NFL-caliber event,” said Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp President and CEO BUTCH SPYRIDON. “I would like to thank the Titans and owner, Amy Adams Strunk, for their support and the NFL for their confidence.”

The NFL Draft has grown into one of the biggest and most-anticipated sporting events of the year. The 2018 event set a record as the highest-rated and most-watched Draft ever, eclipsing the previous record set in 2014. The 2018 Draft marked the first time that the entirety of the event was aired on broadcast television, which helped attract more than 45 million total viewers over three days of coverage. The Draft achieved a combined 3.57 HH rating and average of 5.5 million viewers across NFL Network, FOX, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes. The event also created tremendous fan engagement across social platforms with the 2018 NFL Draft being the second-most talked about sports event of the year so far, behind only Super Bowl LII.

DRAFT LOCATION HISTORY

Draft Location City
1936 Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
1937 Hotel Lincoln New York
1938 Hotel Sherman Chicago
1939 Hotel New Yorker New York
1940 Schroeder Hotel Milwaukee
1941 Willard Hotel Washington, D.C.
1942-44 Palmer House Chicago
1945-47 Hotel Commodore New York
1948 Hotel Fort Pitt Pittsburgh
1949-50 Bellevue-Stratford Hotel Philadelphia
1951 Blackstone Hotel Chicago
1952 Hotel Statler New York
1953-54 Bellevue-Stratford Hotel Philadelphia
1955 Warwick Hotel New York
1956 Bellevue-Stratford Hotel (Rounds 1-3) Philadelphia
Ambassador Hotel (Rounds 4-30) Los Angeles
1957 Warwick Hotel (Rounds 1-4) Philadelphia
Bellevue-Stratford Hotel (Rounds 5-30) Philadelphia
1958-61 Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
1962-64 Sheraton Hotel Chicago
1965-66 Summit Hotel New York
1967 Hotel Gotham New York
1968-71 Belmont Plaza Hotel New York
1972 Essex House New York
1973-74 Americana Hotel New York
1975 Hilton Hotel New York
1976-78 Roosevelt Hotel New York
1979 Waldorf New York
1980-83 Sheraton Hotel New York
1984-85 Omni Park Central Hotel New York
1986-94 Marriott Marquis New York
1995-2004 Theatre at Madison Square Garden New York
2005 Jacob Javits Convention Center New York
2006-2014 Radio City Music Hall New York
2015-16 Auditorium Theatre at Roosevelt University Chicago
2017 Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia
2018 AT&T Stadium Dallas​

The post 2019 NFL Draft To Be Hosted In Nashville appeared first on NY Jets News.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ujZzoR9MLS0

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Glad for Nashville. And they are in the Eastern time zone !

Central Time Zone

If the weather next year is the same as this year on draft day its going to be a great weekend. Was about 70 degrees light breeze in the day and about 55-50 at night.

I’m anticipating we’ll be picking somewhere in the back half of the draft so this one won’t have as much hype around it around here. But Nashville is a nice city and I’m sure Miami fans will be buzzing around when they’ve netted the #1 pick..

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I’m anticipating we’ll be picking somewhere in the back half of the draft so this one won’t have as much hype around it around here. But Nashville is a nice city and I’m sure Miami fans will be buzzing around when they’ve netted the #1 pick..

Now wouldn't THAT be sweet !

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

They’ll be drafting in the top ten unless Brigdes has an amazing year. 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s better D players available and they need to concentrate on the O. 

Thanks. WE have a MUCH greater need on our O line for sure. This years O line class looks decent too.

44 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They’ll be drafting in the top ten unless Brigdes has an amazing year. 

Don't be such a downer. I see us drafting in the middle of the pack. Hell as of now we're undefeated !

40 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Thanks. WE have a MUCH greater need on our O line for sure. This years O line class looks decent too.

If Mac drafts a OL before 5th round Todd Bowles will punch him square on the bridge of his nose ha.

back to Nashville hosting the draft. I was just there in Dec. immediately 1 of my fav cities. That location is great too.. hotels are close 

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If Mac drafts a OL before 5th round Todd Bowles will punch him square on the bridge of his nose ha.

back to Nashville hosting the draft. I was just there in Dec. immediately 1 of my fav cities. That location is great too.. hotels are close 

I hope it doesn't come to that. lol

50 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

We have a permeant hold on the 6th pick.

NOT in the 2019 draft.. we'll be picking 2nd or 1st   ? ...unless mac " trades-down " to pick up another 1st rounder & a 2nd rounder    ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Will you go to the draft next year ? I should have gone years ago before it became "the" thing to do. I've been to Memphis but never Nashville. I'll take your word on it.

My Son lives right near there. Might need to visit if we're picking high but like I've said before, Jets SURPRISE everyone this year. Win vs Lions...5-1 after 6, lose opener 4-2.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Will you go to the draft next year ? I should have gone years ago before it became "the" thing to do. I've been to Memphis but never Nashville. I'll take your word on it.

I think I might. Just may be the excuse I need to go back to Nashville ha. It’s touristy, but very cool, chill atmosphere. It’s a very small Times Square, of country ha. All the bars and restaurants are all so close together. Hotels few blocks away.. I have fam 45 mins away in KY.. Its a whole different world out there.. cousins ask if I wanted to go shoot guns. I asked how far the range was. He laughed and told me to get in his truck, “driving” to his back yard where he shoots ha. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I think I might. Just may be the excuse I need to go back to Nashville ha. It’s touristy, but very cool, chill atmosphere. It’s a very small Times Square, of country ha. All the bars and restaurants are all so close together. Hotels few blocks away.. I have fam 45 mins away in KY.. Its a whole different world out there.. cousins ask if I wanted to go shoot guns. I asked how far the range was. He laughed and told me to get in his truck, “driving” to his back yard where he shoots ha. 

It's different but to me it sounds wonderful. Kinda like when I grew up. You're making me homesick.

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

It's different but to me it sounds wonderful. Kinda like when I grew up. You're making me homesick.

Where is that ? And how was Memphis. My buddy went to law school somewhere around there. Said the women are all hot and Fun.. I need an honest word though,  he lies and tells stories for a living ?

Archived