Jets add Speedy Receiver Jonah Trinnaman

JetNation

Trinnaman.jpg

One day after shipping Christian Hackenberg off to the Oakland Raiders, the New York Jets have filled that roster spot by signing free agent wide receiver Jonah Trinnaman.

Trinnaman, a former BYU product, was undrafted in this years draft despite his off-the-charts performance at his pro day in which he reportedly ran the 40 in under 4.3 seconds and was just four inches shy of breaking the world record in the broad jump at 12 feet.

Despite his other-worldly speed, Trinnaman didn’t see his production match those traits as he finished his collegiate career with just 52 receptions for 626 yards and a touchdown in two seasons at BYU.

The post Jets add Speedy Receiver Jonah Trinnaman appeared first on NY Jets News.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
Z3AMJPKq6C8

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2018 UDFA.  Crazy Fishbain mentions his pro-day numbers but not his alleged 12' broad jump?  The guy is a sick athlete, #2 WR SPARQ score, not much college production at BYU, but he was a JuCo All-American. No punt returns, but a high level kick return prospect.  The Bears had him in and he had a cup of coffee with the Cardinals. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Another reach by Mike Maccagnan why was he unemployed at this point and time and not on another teams roster.

A "reach" in what way? Only thing Mac reached for was the checkbook and probably offered a minimal signing bonus so he could rent a room in Florham Park. Nothing to see here that is negative (other than we have too many friggin WRs on the roster). It's called  "taking a flyer".

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

A "reach" in what way? Only thing Mac reached for was the checkbook and probably offered a minimal signing bonus so he could rent a room in Florham Park. Nothing to see here that is negative (other than we have too many friggin WRs on the roster)

Macc signs all the guys that every other NFL team missed out on..many on our roster not in the NFL if not on the NY Jets. 

Sooner or later 1-2 will work out..............maybe.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc signs all the guys that every other NFL team missed out on..many on our roster not in the NFL if not on the NY Jets. 

Sooner or later 1-2 will work out..............maybe.

And Rex & Tanny cut Danny Woodhead for who? Joe McKnight (RIP). How did that work out?

Nothing lost by bringing the guy in. For all we know, they wanted him as an UDFA but he decided to try AZ first.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

2018 UDFA.  Crazy Fishbain mentions his pro-day numbers but not his alleged 12' broad jump?  The guy is a sick athlete, #2 WR SPARQ score, not much college production at BYU, but he was a JuCo All-American. No punt returns, but a high level kick return prospect.  The Bears had him in and he had a cup of coffee with the Cardinals. 

Stocking the taxi squad with high level athletes isn’t something I thought I’d ever see the Jets do. This is really a sea change

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Another reach by Mike Maccagnan why was he unemployed at this point and time and not on another teams roster.

Because other then qb Mac doesn’t draft offense like most teams. He just signs 100 UDFAs thinking that makes up for not ever drafting real prospects for O ha

14 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Just bustin' Joe. I see no issue ("reach") bringing in an UDFA for a $10,000 (just guessing) signing bonus and a non-guaranteed contract to see what he can do.

Exactly. We already have 17 wideouts trying out, 1 the hec is 1 more ?‍♂️

He’s going to be tried out at Kick returner, Einsteins. 

we have at least 3-4 other guys who are decent at it and will be competing for that job. It’s all great competition.

Pryor probably will not be ready to go until sometime during the regular season...and hell if one of the wide receiver surprise and look good in a role on the offensive side of the ball..Pryor may be cut.

There is no reach. This is good competition. PS. This Dudes numbers are absolutely EYE POPPING. He is one amazing ass athlete.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

So 31 other NFL teams at this point said NO and the Jets said YES, ok cool we see how he does. 

1.) I doubt 31 teams tried him out as 31 teams don’t all need kick returners.

2.) why does it matter so much when he’s a camp body? I’m dying to know how Macc screwed this one up.

3.) This one really doesn’t have a point attached to it....i’m simply using it as a space to ask myself if you are seriously calling a camp body player..a reach.

4.) He’s a camp body player.

5.) Lol........

6.) 5 was me laughing because you think a camp body player is a reach.

ok I’m done.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Stocking the taxi squad with high level athletes isn’t something I thought I’d ever see the Jets do. This is really a sea change

I really don't think this is anything that new.  Maccagnan has been jumping on high level, no risk athletes all along.  It is with draft picks that he seems to get cute and try to find guys that don't have top flight athleticism - Burris, Adams, Maye, Stewart, Hansen, Mauldin - none of those guys is a particularly striking athlete. That WR converted to EDGE from Oregon they picked up last year.  The stiff CBs they drafted last year.  The reject parade at TE that they had come through all were plus athletes.  Pretty much every guy that allegedly runs sub-4.3 that comes available has been brought in.  The thing that is strange is that I can't see what they value - speed?  reach? shuttle times?  jumps?  They seem all over the map. 

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s going to be tried out at Kick returner, Einsteins. 

we have at least 3-4 other guys who are decent at it and will be competing for that job. It’s all great competition.

Pryor probably will not be ready to go until sometime during the regular season...and hell if one of the wide receiver surprise and look good in a role on the offensive side of the ball..Pryor may be cut.

There is no reach. This is good competition. PS. This Dudes numbers are absolutely EYE POPPING. He is one amazing ass athlete.

Yeah.  The strange thing is how many of these guys are kick returners that never returned punts.  IMO, punts are more difficult and more important in the current NFL.  Pryor was no lock for the roster as it was, and this ankle injury seems sketchy.  Especially with his tweeted picture of his ankle which everybody was blaming on his sh*tty 2017.  

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So 31 other NFL teams at this point said NO and the Jets said YES, ok cool we see how he does. 

Seems like a strange argument from the guy that has consistently advocated signing every name guy that hits the streets.  32 teams said no to Ray Rice and Johnny Manziel for years and you continued to post about signing them. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

IYeah.  The strange thing is how many of these guys are kick returners that never returned punts.  IMO, punts are more difficult and more important in the current NFL.  Pryor was no lock for the roster as it was, and this ankle injury seems sketchy.  Especially with his tweeted picture of his ankle which everybody was blaming on his sh*tty 2017.  

I think it’s mainly due to their athletic ability but I agree that it is slightly strange.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Seems like a strange argument from the guy that has consistently advocated signing every name guy that hits the streets.  32 teams said no to Ray Rice and Johnny Manziel for years and you continued to post about signing them. 

Ray Rice was a proven NFL player who made a mistake like many others, we could have used a decent RB. 

Johny Manzeil was intriguing figuring the college career he had and our QB situation. 

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I really don't think this is anything that new.  Maccagnan has been jumping on high level, no risk athletes all along.  It is with draft picks that he seems to get cute and try to find guys that don't have top flight athleticism - Burris, Adams, Maye, Stewart, Hansen, Mauldin - none of those guys is a particularly striking athlete. That WR converted to EDGE from Oregon they picked up last year.  The stiff CBs they drafted last year.  The reject parade at TE that they had come through all were plus athletes.  Pretty much every guy that allegedly runs sub-4.3 that comes available has been brought in.  The thing that is strange is that I can't see what they value - speed?  reach? shuttle times?  jumps?  They seem all over the map.

Mccags has typically drafted based on having a high floor, not necessarily a high ceiling.  But with FAs he’s willing to take risks on better athletes who don’t have the tape.

I can’t help but wonder if this signing relates to the new rules for kick offs and how they perceive value in having a certain type of returner.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ray Rice was a proven NFL player who made a mistake like many others, we could have used a decent RB. 

Johny Manzeil was intriguing figuring the college career he had and our QB situation. 

Thank you for the biographies.  Do one on Greg Hardy now.  

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Mccags has typically drafted based on having a high floor, not necessarily a high ceiling.  But with FAs he’s willing to take risks on better athletes who don’t have the tape.

I can’t help but wonder if this signing relates to the new rules for kick offs and how they perceive value in having a certain type of returner.

I agree completely with your first paragraph.  

I don't think we can draw any conclusion from signings like this or Sinkfield in comparison to burning a draft pick on Cannon.  That is what I would try to draw conclusions from. 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Woman possibly lies about getting beaten up: burn the witch.

Man definitely beats woman up: eh he made a mistake.

This place really is a ******* moral cesspool sometimes.

Archived