After Off-Season of Talk and Tweets, Jets Need Results From Adams

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  It's not just Gronk.  Many TE's, even no names, had their way with Adams.  

Not to mention a certain QB who now plays for the Redskins.

I'm not hating on Adams all I'm saying is stop talking like you were the Super Bowl MVP when you were a slightly above average player on a 5-11 team. 

• Upvote 2

If we think the Adams pick was sh*t, what about the All World SS Calvin Pryor we drafted. He's still only 25 and a Free Agent. He makes Adams look like Troy Polamalu.

All that said he does need to close his mouth, and play a little better before he keeps jawing.

• Upvote 1

so he talks a lot. as they say, talk is cheap but who cares as long as he's a good player.  thus far he's been pretty darn good.  maybe not good enough for his draft position but some of that is caused by the players around him.

the bottom line is if he doesn't lose his team mates  and does well on the field who cares much about what he says.  his pro bowl bids will come if the defense finally turns it around.

The argument isn’t that he literally only plays in the box. It’s that playing in the box is the only thing he’s good at, which is not good for a guy picked sixth overall.
.. except that's not the case ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

so he talks a lot. as they say, talk is cheap but who cares as long as he's a good player.  thus far he's been pretty darn good.  maybe not good enough for his draft position but some of that is caused by the players around him.

the bottom line is if he doesn't lose his team mates  and does well on the field who cares much about what he says.  his pro bowl bids will come if the defense finally turns it around.

See thats the problem. He eventually will lose his team mates if he continues to run his mouth and not perform. The guy is setting himself up for failure. LET YOUR PLAY DO THE TALKING. This is a deep league. For one reason or another there are quality Safeties out there who are without jobs who are better than Adams is right now. Eventually the guys on the team will get tired of Adams mouth if he continues to spout about his "greatness" and just play at an average level. If his play goes to another level in the future than by all means say what you will. If continues to play just at an average level and still runs his mouth his team mates will eventually get tired of it and then it becomes a problem in the locker room. That's where its headed and thats the last thing a team needs.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

See thats the problem. He eventually will lose his team mates if he continues to run his mouth and not perform. The guy is setting himself up for failure. LET YOUR PLAY DO THE TALKING. This is a deep league. For one reason or another there are quality Safeties out there who are without jobs who are better than Adams is right now. Eventually the guys on the team will get tired of Adams mouth if he continues to spout about his "greatness" and just play at an average level. If his play goes to another level in the future than by all means say what you will. If continues to play just at an average level and still runs his mouth his team mates will eventually get tired of it and then it becomes a problem in the locker room. That's where its headed and thats the last thing a team needs.

I am pretty sure that none of us know how he is viewed in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

i hear you.  from a fan's perspective we want our teams to do well but jamal is entitled to say what he wants and his team mates will either follow him or tune him out.  i remember most people thought brandon marshall was a team leader because he spoke to the press.  well, maybe he wasn't.  clearly lots of his team mates tuned him out in 2016.  the point being that talking to maneesh and the other clowns doesn't make one a team leader.

23 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am pretty sure that none of us know how he is viewed in the locker room.

Okay but thats not the point I was making. You all have been in this situation. The guy at work with the big mouth who is always touting his prowness and always tries to one up everyone. I'm not saying thats what Adams does or is doing I'm just using it as an example. You eventually got tired of it and ignored him. Until he continued to do it and you eventually tried to avoid him. It made your work space tense and you all breathed a sigh of relief when the guy left right? Thats all I'm saying could happen here.

I have a pretty good feeling, that nobody pays any attention to Jamal Adams in the Jets locker room.  He's more of a character than anything else and I'm sure they all recognize that at this point.  Just Jamal being Jamal.  Like, I wouldnt be surprised if nobody ever gave him the nickname, Presidentmal but everyone goes along with it because they know he's borderline certifiable and dont want to push him over the edge by denying it and telling everyone it was self appointed.

He's probably just white noise more than anything else at this point.  I'm sure everyone just watches him and has this response:

Image result for roll eyes gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Okay but thats not the point I was making. You all have been in this situation. The guy at work with the big mouth who is always touting his prowness and always tries to one up everyone. I'm not saying thats what Adams does or is doing I'm just using it as an example. You eventually got tired of it and ignored him. Until he continued to do it and you eventually tried to avoid him. It made your work space tense and you all breathed a sigh of relief when the guy left right? Thats all I'm saying could happen here.

None of us work on a football field.  

45 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Again, we don't know what he is like with his teammates and in the locker room. We are mostly seeing social media.

This would be like someone here looking at the posts someone makes on this site, and making judgments how they get along with their family.

I understand your point, but it would be counter to what we heard out of the LSU locker room and we have not heard a peep from the Jets side.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Again, we don't know what he is like with his teammates and in the locker room. We are mostly seeing social media.

This would be like someone here looking at the posts someone makes on this site, and making judgments how they get along with their family.

I understand your point, but it would be counter to what we heard out of the LSU locker room and we have not heard a peep from the Jets side.

Let's be clear on one thing, this is exactly what we do here. We know what people are like in real life. We don't need real names to pass judgement.  :)

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

So the entire LSU staff says that Adams was one of the hardest working players they have had come through their program, and touts how much he studied film and was in charge of the secondary, getting everyone in the right spots.

Then he comes to the Jets, has a good first year and says that he believes in himself and wants to make multiple pro bowls all while the organization again touts his leadership.  But we are going to say that he is wearing thin on his teammates with no basis whatsoever.

How about we let the kid play his second season before people rush to judgement.  

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

So the entire LSU staff says that Adams was one of the hardest working players they have had come through their program, and touts how much he studied film and was in charge of the secondary, getting everyone in the right spots.

Then he comes to the Jets, has a good first year and says that he believes in himself and wants to make multiple pro bowls all while the organization again touts his leadership.  But we are going to say that he is wearing thin on his teammates with no basis whatsoever.

How about we let the kid play his second season before people rush to judgement.  

Well I did say that I was not saying that's what Adams does or is doing I was just using that as an example.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You just love hating on jets players. That really makes you a great fan of the team.

No. I have stated many times that I am not hating on Adams. I'm just tired of Adams acting like he has done it all when his play doesn't match his mouth. President? Come on. He gave himself a nickname. You have to be kidding. You want to worship him go right ahead. I prefer to wait until he actually earned it on the field. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I did say that I was not saying that's what Adams does or is doing I was just using that as an example.

I know.  My point is more that Adams comes into a situation where we have no pass rush, the #1 CB is injured half the year, and he is playing alongside another rookie who also doesnt know the system.  He picks up the defense well enough to have a good season, while learning/playing multiple positions and yet the fan base here cant stop killing the kid.  Lets see how he does in year 2 before the pitchforks come out.

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I know.  My point is more that Adams comes into a situation where we have no pass rush, the #1 CB is injured half the year, and he is playing alongside another rookie who also doesnt know the system.  He picks up the defense well enough to have a good season, while learning/playing multiple positions and yet the fan base here cant stop killing the kid.  Lets see how he does in year 2 before the pitchforks come out.

I agree!!! But the guy is talking like he's  AN ALL-PRO when he is a 2nd year player who is still learning on the job. ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING before you run your mouth. That's all I'm saying.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No. I have stated many times that I am not hating on Adams. I'm just tired of Adams acting like he has done it all when his play doesn't match his mouth. President? Come on. He gave himself a nickname. You have to be kidding. You want to worship him go right ahead. I prefer to wait until he actually earned it on the field. 

I am pretty sure the Jets drafted Adams based on his talent but also because they wanted a leader on defense. There are no signs that the players resent him in any way. He just seems to get under the skin of some fans that prefer a more Derek Jeter approach. That's fine, but this is the NFL where teams need outspoken leaders. This is also 2018 where you will always have at least 1 or 2 big instagram guys on your team and I much prefer that person to be a kid like Adams than a kid like Odell. 

I suspect the Jets really like this kid and what he brings to the table on and off the field.

On 5/28/2018 at 8:26 AM, The Crusher said:

He’s better at football than I am. Still not calling him the president. 

But he IS the "President".

The "President" of Busted coverages.

The "President" of following receivers into the end zone.

The "President" of whiffed tackles.

LOL

• Upvote 1

Jamal Adams isn’t the one of the top-10, top-20 or even top-50 things about the Jets that fans should be concerned with. 

FTR, I also think the President nickname is stupid. It’s not going to keep me up night and cause me to post hurt-feewings posts every day though. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

But he IS the "President".

The "President" of Busted coverages.

The "President" of following receivers into the end zone.

The "President" of whiffed tackles.

LOL

LOL Adams the President makes Chump The President look good. 

• 11 months later...
On 5/28/2018 at 2:26 PM, JetFaninMI said:

He is good at running.......his mouth. After all the talk he better back it up on the field. That old saying "Your mouth is writing checks your body can't cash" hopefully won't  apply here. Look Adams has the confidence no doubt and he has played okay but nothing spectacular. The way he talks you would think the guy is an All-Pro. If he keeps running his mouth as TE & WR's and 10years his senior QB's keep clowning him he will be taken down a peg. Maybe that's what he needs. A little dose of humble pie may go a long way in this case. I doubt it though. The guy runs his mouth way too much for his production and needs to stop tweeting his greatness. Especially since the word great does not apply to his play on the field. Adams better produce or STFU this year.

Lol 

?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol 

?

LOL right back at ya pal. If I'm not mistaken that was either sometime before the 2018 season or during his rookie season. You remember when Cam Newton made Adams his bitch and Gronk made him look like he was standing still in that Pat's game and Adams was running his mouth about how great he was. Or was it right after Smith him look bad on that long run and he still was talking sh*t. Next.