Jets rookie TE Chris Herndon arrested and charged with DWI

Vudu

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RESNewYork said:

Since we are talking drunk driving, what's the percentage of fans driving drunk when leaving the stadium after a game?

I ponder that after EVERY drive home following Sunday games at MetLife.

I just accept the fact that people will continue to drive after drinking - especially in NJ - since most suburban places have crap public transportation and Uber sucks. 

6 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Nothing good happens at 4:45 am.

Not true. New Year’s eve in 1991, my friend had a house party. It was my senior year in high school. I hooked up with Stacey ********* in the basement and got one of the best BJ’s of my life. Everyone was sleeping or passed out and then I heard her whisper, “Are you awake? Want to take a walk?“ I followed her down to the basement. We sat down on the couch, her hand landed on my thigh. The next thing I heard was the sound of my zipper being lowered. 15 minutes later I’m seeing stars and my head is spinning.  I walked back upstairs to go to sleep, passing by a clock in the kitchen which read 4:45 AM.

But back to your point, these knuckleheads driving around at 4:45 AM drunk, yeah, that’s no bueno!

59 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Since we are talking drunk driving, what's the percentage of fans driving drunk when leaving the stadium after a game?

Jets fans: the paragon of human behavior and the most apropos comparitor to judge another's empathy for his fellow man and concern for their well-being.

I seem to recall reading in Collision Low Crossers that the team puts on a limo service for late night/early morning pick-ups and set-downs involving players.

Echo the other comments about the use of ride-sharing services. Heck, there's a former Jets player who drives for one (though I think he's in Florida, not New Jersey). 

Really no excuse. Hope the kid grows up fast and pays for the medical bills of the other driver involved in the collision.

Hopefully the team looks at some form of community service involving road trauma victims to hammer home the stupidity of drinking and driving.

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

I'm atypical, but I haven't had a drink at the footy for several years. I don't understand why people would shell out their hard-earned for watered down beer that's over-priced, or an over-priced thimbleful of spirits or wine.

Of course, a lot of people going to an AFL game will go to the pub before the game and have a few drinks, and I'm sure that's the same in the US.

The other issue, of course, is people driving while under the influence of drugs.

6 hours ago, Drums said:

How bloody hard is it to not do this? You are about to make life changing money and have probably been given a "DO NOT DO" list that had domestic violence at #1 and DWIs as #2. I was excited for this guy but this really pisses me off. 

I agree, they should just ban bars.

5 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

What’s the percentage of fans making enough money they can afford to hire a driver for the night or at least get a ******* uber?

So, the dude totaled two cars, an MTA trailer, and there were injuries to another driver? After suspensions, fines, property loss, and injury settlements that his insurance won’t cover, my man is playing football for free this year. 

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

I live a few miles from there.  Exit 35 is the Rockaway Mall, AMC multiplex, Best Buy, Target, Costco, Shoprite and Walmart. Busy commercial area during daytime. My two sons work down there.  Typical suburban highway. What's brutal about it?  No excuse for driving drunk there or anywhere.   Herndon is a dipsh*t.  A good attorney will help him avoid jail time.  In Rocckaway/Morris County, he WILL lose his license for at least 6 months.  No way around that. Good.  I hope he loses it longer.

Herndon better get the Uber 

Not true. New Year’s eve in 1991, my friend had a house party. It was my senior year in high school. I hooked up with Stacey ********* in the basement and got one of the best BJ’s of my life. Everyone was sleeping or passed out and then I heard her whisper, “Are you awake? Want to take a walk?“ I followed her down to the basement. We sat down on the couch, her hand landed on my thigh. The next thing I heard was the sound of my zipper being lowered. 15 minutes later I’m seeing stars and my head is spinning.  I walked back upstairs to go to sleep, passing by a clock in the kitchen which read 4:45 AM.
But back to your point, these knuckleheads driving around at 4:45 AM drunk, yeah, that’s no bueno!

The exception that proves the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

What’s the percentage of fans making enough money they can afford to hire a driver for the night or at least get a ******* uber?

You realize I am not defending the player. Just asking since I've seen a lot of fans stumble out of that stadium. And I hope there is a large amount of Jet fans that can afford an uber.

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

You realize I am not defending the player. Just asking since I've seen a lot of fans stumble out of that stadium. And I hope there is a large amount of Jet fans that can afford an uber.

Some fans drive for a few hours to get to a game. Uber isn’t an option, a DD is though. I’m not defending anyone driving drunk but if I was rich I’d ******* hire Morgan Freedman or if I was even making rookie money I’d hire a driver. 

16 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

What the f****** f***!!! Idiots!!!

15 hours ago, Larz said:

Jets have a discipline problem 

They treat these scrubs like they are Troy Aikman or LT 

This won't stop happening until the GM cuts someone for being an idiot 

All stated with sheldumb 

what the hell do these guys have against a "lyft" or "uber" or even a damn taxi... for ****s sake

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Years ago we all complained about the NY Jets being choir boys, how a few years a few players, HC's and GM's have changed all that. 

I don't remember complaining about that. I did want some attitude on the team. More Bart Scott/Kris Jenkins, less Holmes, Plax, Vick. 

As with every other one of these stupid NFL players breaking laws and putting peoples lives at risk, I can only hope the court system does it's ******* job for a change, and throws the book at this idiot.  Maximum penalty.

There is no excuse for this.

12 hours ago, pointman said:

Thanks Captain Obvious. My point, to which you responded, was that these clowns are garbage and should be gone. They face zero repercussions. Look at that moron Donahue, he did the same idiotic thing just on an even grander scale. Why? No repercussions. 

I’ll tell you what - you have this amazing ability to respond like the biggest douche in the world for no reason..bravo.

might as well just ignore my posts from now on if you intend on doing this on a consistent basis.

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Moral of the story....better to get a hummer than drive a Hummer @ 4:45 AM.

Archived