Jets rookie TE Chris Herndon arrested and charged with DWI

Vudu

Just now, UnknownJetFan said:

Well, lets go with Leggett, Wilford, Tomilson, and even if we need Bucky Brooks for now. Herndon probably is missing at least the first few games, assuming he doesn't go to jail. Charges anywhere from criminal neglegence, DWI, etc.  can produce felonies though with a good lawyer those all go down to misdemeanors making them like a ticket. But, in the NFL can still be a like a 4 game suspension. 

They also should start these rookie contracts with severe penalties if they get into trouble like this.

GREAT way to start your new career.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a youth problem unfortunately.  I think back to my own early 20s and how many times I got behind the wheel when I shouldn't have.  It was stupid, and he was stupid and lucky no one was hurt.  Hopefully he comes out of this with a lesson learned and take advantage of the ability he has to call a damn uber or use the Jets car service in the future.

What happened to the good old days when our dads wouldn't drive 10 feet without a beer in their hand and when a football player could just say he was a NY Jet and the police would get an autograph and let him walk? Well I guess we suck so the cops aren't doing us any favors. There goes his first paycheck - right to the lawyers.  Seriously hope no one was hurt.

How bloody hard is it to not do this? You are about to make life changing money and have probably been given a "DO NOT DO" list that had domestic violence at #1 and DWIs as #2. I was excited for this guy but this really pisses me off. 

38 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

What happened to the good old days when our dads wouldn't drive 10 feet without a beer in their hand and when a football player could just say he was a NY Jet and the police would get an autograph and let him walk? Well I guess we suck so the cops aren't doing us any favors. There goes his first paycheck - right to the lawyers.  Seriously hope no one was hurt.

yep. i guess wrecking the other guy's toyota and a railroad car didn't help.

Archived