Jets rookie TE Chris Herndon arrested and charged with DWI

Vudu

I already knew the e-pitchforks would come out from the choir boys of JN.

It was a very very stupid move from Herndon. I'm just glad he didn't hurt anybody.

Hopefully he learns from this going forward. Because we don't need stuff like this happening frequently

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Our players love to drive under the influence of  alcohol and why they haven’t taken into consideration the example previous Jets have made out of themselves is beyond me. 

What example? We haven't cut ties with any of the alcoholic losers on our team.

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mac and Bowles need to rein this sh*t in. Embarrassing and unacceptable. 

I'd love to be able to hang this on Bowles, but in all honesty what can they do?  Under the CBA they can barely talk to these guys about football let alone monitor their personal behavior.  Cut him?   Guys a talented player, he'd be on the street 15 seconds.  Only one they would hurt would be themselves.  Tough situation.  

Young profesional athletes who have the world by the balls with stardom, money,popularity and fame and the brains of a rock. 

So many young athletes would die for the chance many of these guys get and this is what they do. 

Shameful to say the least. 

Hopefully this was a cry for help and he gets his life back in order first, football second. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Our players love to drive under the influence of  alcohol and why they haven’t taken into consideration the example previous Jets have made out of themselves is beyond me. 

20-somethings of every generation have been like this. All you can do is hope nobody gets killed. Football aside. It’s a societal issue across the board. I don’t know why you think their employer has some magic ability to stop it. It’s pervasive, we just hear about who got caught.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

20-somethings of every generation have been like this. All you can do is hope nobody gets killed. Football aside. It’s a societal issue across the board. I don’t know why you think their employer has some magic ability to stop it. It’s pervasive, we just hear about who got caught.

BIG DIFFERENCE today and when I was 20-something drinking and driving is hammered into these kids in school and everywhere there is no excuse to be drinking and driving in 2018. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You be careful. You keep breeding  your gonna need one of them Nissan Armamadas. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

BIG DIFFERENCE today and when I was 20-something drinking and driving is hammered into these kids in school and everywhere there is no excuse to be drinking and driving in 2018. 

There has never been an excuse for it. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen and isn’t exclusive to the Jets.

Jets rookie draft pick charged with DWI after New Jersey crash

June 4, 2018 | 6:19pm

Jets rookie tight end Chris Herndon was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated after a car accident early Saturday, the New Jersey State Police confirmed.

Herndon was taken away in handcuffs from the scene of the accident, which occurred on Route 80 West in Rockaway Township, N.J. 

New Jersey State Police spokesman Sgt. Lawrence Peele said that Herndon was driving a Nissan Armada and hit and totaled a Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser owned by Albert Elliott, 76, of Manalapan, N.J. at 4:45 a.m. Saturday. Elliott was towing another vehicle, which was also destroyed along with the trailer.

Herndon was taken to the State Police barracks in Netcong where he was given a Breathalyzer test, which showed is blood alcohol level was above the legal limit, the spokesman said.

The Jets drafted Herndon in the fourth round of this year’s NFL draft out of the University of Miami. He has a chance to get significant playing time since the Jets are thin at tight end.

“We are aware of the situation and have no further comment at this time,” a Jets spokesman said.

The Miami Herald quoted a source who said Elliott was transporting a railroad car. The source also told the newspaper that Elliott sustained a bruised and gashed arm. The police said only minor injuries were reported at the scene.

Herndon has been participating in the Jets OTA practices, but it was unknown if he practiced Monday.

Herndon is working his way back from a knee injury that ended his 2017 season for the Hurricanes. He underwent surgery to repair the MCL in his left knee after catching 40 passes for 477 yards and four touchdowns last year. Herndon, 22, has been a full participant in the Jets practices the media has been permitted to watch. The Jets have another OTA on Tuesday that is open to the media.

The source close to Elliott told the Herald: “The only thing my friend said was that Herndon left in handcuffs. Herndon’s car hit the trailer, and his car spun around and then hit Al’s car. The motorcar and trailer look like they were put in a blender.’’

Herndon recently signed his rookie contract, which is for four years and worth about $3.1 million.

Peele said the accident remains under investigation.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

What example? We haven't cut ties with any of the alcoholic losers on our team.

What example? - How about the fact that they are hurting the team and though they haven’t been cut..are out on the bubble regarding their roster spot. Donahue isn’t a lock that his 5th round status may have made him pre-DUI charges.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What example? - How about the fact that they are hurting the team and though they haven’t been cut..are out on the bubble regarding their roster spot. Donahue isn’t a lock that his 5th round status may have made him pre-DUI charges.

Hurt the team? HAHAHA! These morons almost KILL people. You think they care about a bunch of guys on a football team? "On the bubble"? eww scary proposition. Drink and drive, and the risk is that they may not make the team based on their physical prowess, which was always the case, and not have any of their gross negligence off the field matter at all. There is no example being set. 

Donahue is a repeat offender, and a complete moron. The idea that he may still make this team despite driving the wrong way down the tunnel says a ton. Point is, this team doesn't make an example of anyone despite their horrible actions. 

19 minutes ago, pointman said:

Hurt the team? HAHAHA! These morons almost KILL people. You think they care about a bunch of guys on a football team? "On the bubble"? eww scary proposition. Drink and drive, and the risk is that they may not make the team based on their physical prowess, which was always the case, and not have any of their gross negligence off the field matter at all. There is no example being set. 

Donahue is a repeat offender, and a complete moron. The idea that he may still make this team despite driving the wrong way down the tunnel says a ton. Point is, this team doesn't make an example of anyone despite their horrible actions. 

I wasn’t saying they felt guilty about it. I was obviously saying that SINCE they are hurting the team, they are on the roster bubble and may not even make the team. How ever you feel about the handling after that is up to you...lmfao. I’m just telling you that any player that does care about their careers or the team take their **** ups seriously and their roster spots aren’t safe anymore. That’s all I eluded to.??‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wasn’t saying they felt guilty about it. I was obviously saying that SINCE they are hurting the team, they are on the roster bubble and may not even make the team. How ever you feel about the handling after that is up to you...lmfao. I’m just telling you that any player that does care about their careers or the team take their **** ups seriously and their roster spots aren’t safe anymore. That’s all I eluded to.??‍♂️

Thanks Captain Obvious. My point, to which you responded, was that these clowns are garbage and should be gone. They face zero repercussions. Look at that moron Donahue, he did the same idiotic thing just on an even grander scale. Why? No repercussions. 

15 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

To be fair, that is an absolute brutal stretch out on 80 down there. 

I live a few miles from there.  Exit 35 is the Rockaway Mall, AMC multiplex, Best Buy, Target, Costco, Shoprite and Walmart. Busy commercial area during daytime. My two sons work down there.  Typical suburban highway. What's brutal about it?  No excuse for driving drunk there or anywhere.   Herndon is a dipsh*t.  A good attorney will help him avoid jail time.  In Rocckaway/Morris County, he WILL lose his license for at least 6 months.  No way around that. Good.  I hope he loses it longer.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I live a few miles from there.  Exit 35 is the Rockaway Mall, AMC multiplex, Costco, Shoprite and Walmart. Busy commercial area during daytime.  Typical suburban highway.  

Man as soon as I get west of Paterson route 80 is one giant winding ass rainbow type road to me.

I'm probably confusing the last 20 miles of 80 before PA with this exit. That stretch is windy as hell.

Just now, Ruby2 said:

Man as soon as I get west of Paterson route 80 is one giant winding ass ranibow type road to me.

there is one swampy barren stretch between the Willowbrook Mall (Exit 53) and Parsippany (Exit 47).  From 47 to 34 it's a very busy residential & commercial area: Parsippany, Morris Plains, Denville, Rockaway.  Wealthy and populated.  

Archived