Official WORLD CUP 2018

GATA

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

All 3 of the only guys I’ve ever heard of, add the redhead who cut his hair, all seem like pretentious d-bags.  

Donovan is a douche.  Lalas can be pretentious for sure.  Dempsey is that cool dude who just played really hard and did more for Team USA than arguably anyone in program history, and did it without drama. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Donovan is a douche.  Lalas can be pretentious for sure.  Dempsey is that cool dude who just played really hard and did more for Team USA than arguably anyone in program history, and did it without drama. 

Dempsey seemed  llike soccers version of Aaron Rodgers

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I loved Lalas going hard after the men’s US Soccer team for not qualifying for the World Cup “you are a bunch of tattoo’d millionaires who have been given everything”. Haha he’s a fellow Rutgers Alumni

Brazil has nobody to blame but themselves for the lack of calls their way. No sense of urgency among them either. 30 seconds left before stoppage and they're huddled around the ref instead of playing. This has been a really fun Cup and the sh*t that they have pulled every game has been the cloud hanging over everything. Neymar is so god damn good and so unwatchable way too often. Good riddance.

I knew we wouldn't get too far from the beginning but I can't help root for Brazil.

None the less there's no crying in soccer at least while you're playing (you're not supposed to) 

On to more productive commentary. 

Tomorrow Croatia stomps the Russkies .

And the more promising match will be the Sweden vs England game.

Adeus meu linda Brasil , vejo a você em 4 anos ❤️ 

Fernandinho really hurt Brazil.  He only started because Casamiro was suspended with two yellow cards.  He had the own goal (ok accident) and a miss in the second goal that allowed the counter attack.  Missed several passes too.  He basically hurt Brazil's flow.   Too bad.  I really liked Costa who came in as a sub.  He had a lot of energy and should have likely started too.  I was rooting for Brazil, but it was a great game.   Both squads were playing attacking style that made it fun to watch.  Neymar almost tied it up at the last minute to sent it to overtime... so close.

It is too bad that Neymar has these overdramatic reactions, because a) he is a great player who doesn't need it and b) he does get hit a lot and doesn't need the extra demonstrations for the refs to see it.    I think the video replay will help cut that stuff down.  

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I don’t understand the time thing in soccer. There were injuries that lasted waaaaay over 5 minutes. Whatever soccer 

As far as how I understand it they try to average the stop time to something sensible. It's 45 mins nonstop it's not like other sports that get breaks. They have to keep going. So in the same aspect they average it because they can't just add 10+ mins it would be like ot time. 

Archived