Official WORLD CUP 2018

GATA

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Mbappe is pretty damn good though.

Nah, he's just a kid. We'll see how he good he becomes, but as of now, he's a [really talented] 19 year old with a lot to prove. Lots of players flash early, but only a few can have long, successful careers.

Modric is a legitimate stud though. He's been around for a long time, but he's a real leader on the field. Won everything at club level with Real Madrid, and now carrying a small team like Croatia into the World Cup final, that's one hell of a legacy.

38 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not a big fan either but he's a great talent and this WC is turning into his coming out party!  He's got at least another 3 World Cups to play in as well.  Crazy.

He’s a punk. Really rooting for Croatia. France team is ultra talented, pretentious d-bags.

20 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He’s a punk. Really rooting for Croatia. France team is ultra talented, pretentious d-bags.

Comment la France vous a-t-elle blessé?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not a big fan either but he's a great talent and this WC is turning into his coming out party!  He's got at least another 3 World Cups to play in as well.  Crazy.

That’s my favorite part of the cup. Every 4 yrs some of the most talented individuals come to light. There’s guys that dream about classifying for their National team. They dream of it because (a. National Pride, b. Playing in the World Cup and c. End up getting scouted by top tier leagues.)  

It’s like the kids that dream of going pro and the luxuries. That’s their version. 

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Nah, he's just a kid. We'll see how he good he becomes, but as of now, he's a [really talented] 19 year old with a lot to prove. Lots of players flash early, but only a few can have long, successful careers.

Modric is a legitimate stud though. He's been around for a long time, but he's a real leader on the field. Won everything at club level with Real Madrid, and now carrying a small team like Croatia into the World Cup final, that's one hell of a legacy.

You’re my fav. Didn’t know people actually follow soccer to depth here. 

17 minutes ago, GATA-Bot said:

That’s my favorite part of the cup. Every 4 yrs some of the most talented individuals come to light. There’s guys that dream about classifying for their National team. They dream of it because (a. National Pride, b. Playing in the World Cup and c. End up getting scouted by top tier leagues.)  

It’s like the kids that dream of going pro and the luxuries. That’s their version. 

You’re my fav. Didn’t know people actually follow soccer to depth here. 

Lol, i used to watch the sport religiously. From 1998 to 2011, basically through my teens and early 20s, until i graduated from college.

Then i lost interest, didn't have as much free time, but i still watch big games in the World cup, euros, champions league, etc.

50 minutes ago, HessStation said:

How?

He donates all of his match fees to charity. He's never drawing attention to himself, he acts very mature for his age...kind of rare in the age of social media, when young people are way more self-obsessed.

Maybe you've confused him for someone else?

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

How?

He donates all of his match fees to charity. He's never drawing attention to himself, he acts very mature for his age...kind of rare in the age of social media, when young people are way more self-obsessed.

Maybe you've confused him for someone else?

Nope he's the guy who flopped vs Uraguay. France is a bunch of faggola's.

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Gotta say this has been an incredible Cup. The crackdown on flopping makes such a difference.

Yea refs have been like " Phuck that, keep playing, stand up I'm not calling that"

22 hours ago, HessStation said:

I hate that guy 

He plays with killer speed.  It's as if he's a NFL running back darting through defenders while keeping control of the ball at his feet.  I don't like France but this is a guy who has talent that can't really be debated.  And he's only 19.  If only our 19 yr old (Pulisic) can come close to being as good!

LOL...poor England.  What a truly sh!tty week for them.  Brexit is screwed up, they host Trump for a few days, and now end the World Cup with two consecutive losses.

That's the interesting thing about the team that loses the 3rd place game every time.  Was their World Cup a success or not?  I mean, England had some expectations coming in but I don't think anyone expected them to be one of the final 4 teams making the semi-finals.  In that regard, they were successful.  At the same time they lost their last 2 games in a row to end the World Cup.  I'm not sure how Brits will look at this Cup for the Three Lions, and if France beats Croatia then it just confirms the obvious to me, that the France vs. Belgium semi-final was the real World Cup final.

What a ******* game! The first half has been super fast paced. Right now we’re looking at 

2-1 with the Frenchies leading Croatia

Currently,shots on goal and possession is lead by Croatia. 

Those guys are on fire but a stupid hand ball has given France the upper hand. I really hope we either see Croatia with a killer comeback or PENALTIES ❤️ 

Makes the game so heart wrenching 

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

A flop and an inadvertent hand ball gives France the lead which is why I don’t watch soccer regularly 

Agree.  Mistakes hurt you in American football...but they kill you in soccer.

Folks, France has won the World Cup for the 2nd time ever. 

There head coach is one of the few to not only win the Cup as a Coach but also as a player when he was Captain of the 98’ Team.

History is truly beautiful. 

30 minutes ago, GATA-Bot said:

Folks, France has won the World Cup for the 2nd time ever. 

There head coach is one of the few to not only win the Cup as a Coach but also as a player when he was Captain of the 98’ Team.

History is truly beautiful. 

giphy-4.gif

:P

Congrats France!  Got completely outplayed by Croatia who had 61% possession and kept the ball in France's 1/3 of the field for most of the 1st Half.  But ya know....Griezmann fell outside the box....so there's that.

Oh well, disappointing for Croatia.  Exciting tourney though.  Was really hoping for an outsider to win this thing.

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

giphy-4.gif

:P

Congrats France!  Got completely outplayed by Croatia who had 61% possession and kept the ball in France's 1/3 of the field for most of the 1st Half.  But ya know....Griezmann fell outside the box....so there's that.

Oh well, disappointing for Croatia.  Exciting tourney though.  Was really hoping for an outsider to win this thing.

Lol ? couldn’t agree more but nonetheless I wanted The Croies to win. 

Hell of a 1st half some lucky shots at the end. 

I would have loved for the underdog to come and kick their ass.

Archived