Official WORLD CUP 2018

GATA

16 minutes ago, GATA said:

I know you didn't quote me ... Yes, club teams are usually better because they recruit the best from all over the world to play in fixed teams. 

The world cup is a different animal this is the big stage where the underdog/no name player will become recognized. You get some of the best / craziest plays ever. You have national pride at hand ; and a lot of pressure. 

So then technically, those other leagues are the real world champions, similar to the Big 4 in the states...

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JiF said:

So then technically, those other leagues are the real world champions, similar to the Big 4 in the states...

Something like that, you see some truly amazing soccer esp. when the bigger teams face off. 

On 6/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, JiF said:

Serious question because I honestly dont follow or care about Soccer, arent the club teams much better than the country teams? 

There's also an annual UEFA Champions League, where the best club teams in Europe play in one giant tournament.  Since the best club teams are pretty much all in Europe (mainly UK, France, Italy and Spain) that's about the best you're going to get in terms of comparing the best players across the globe. 

But the World Cup is still the top of the hill.  Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo, the 2 best players in the world, have won lots of titles/tournaments for their club teams.  But neither have ever won the World Cup.  That's the big prize that you really need to have to become a soccer "immortal", on the level of Pele (Brazil) or Diego Maradona (Argentina). 

Messi is better than Maradona, but Maradona is regarded higher by Argentinians because he won a World Cup.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Spain-Portugal coming up.  Should be a doozie.  Hope Spain destroys Ronaldo's soul.

Messi and Ronaldo implode in the WC it's going to be fun to see

Brutal couple of games this morning. I woke up to watch Uruguay-Egypt and went back to bed at halftime; what a snooze. I really wanted to see Salah. Shame that he was on the bench. 

Portugal - Spain off to a great start. Spain clearly the better team in the first half but down 2-1. Let's see if they can tiki taka their way into two goals in the second half. 

Ronaldo crafty as ever. He looks fantastic; too bad the rest of the Portugal forwards look like sh*t. 

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Brutal couple of games this morning. I woke up to watch Uruguay-Egypt and went back to bed at halftime; what a snooze. I really wanted to see Salah. Shame that he was on the bench. 

Portugal - Spain off to a great start. Spain clearly the better team in the first half but down 2-1. Let's see if they can tiki taka their way into two goals in the second half. 

Ronaldo crafty as ever. He looks fantastic; too bad the rest of the Portugal forwards look like sh*t. 

Uruguay didn't deserve the win IMO.

The Morocco Selfie GOAL was a joke of a goal to end the joke worthy game.

Port, I didn't think they deserved the Penalty at the 3 min mark but w/e.

I agree with the Spain assessment a very talented team. The Ronaldo push at the end of the first half was very nice. 

Ronaldo reminds me of LeBron in so many ways.

Physical freak who is just on a different athletic planet from his peers. Unbelievable conditioning, showing no signs of remotely slowing down as he goes further into his thirties.

Both egocentric prima donnas obsessed with being the best. Drag their subpar supporting casts to heights that they otherwise wouldn’t sniff. 

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Ronaldo reminds me of LeBron in so many ways.

Physical freak who is just on a different athletic planet from his peers. Unbelievable conditioning, showing no signs of remotely slowing down as he goes further into his thirties.

Both egocentric prima donnas obsessed with being the best. Drag their subpar supporting casts to heights that they otherwise wouldn’t sniff. 

I was listening to one of pregame commentators mention C. Ronaldo invests a ton of money on his body. The part of him being "obsessed on being the best" is true. He has a nutritionist, a chef, and a trainer that are always at his home. 

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Love that he saves that sh*t for Spain.

Hasn't done anything like that at United for 5 years.

Yep. And you won't get him making a pathetic attempt to convince everyone he had a concussion.Though Mourinho'll blame Luke Shaw for it.

Brilliant game, though.

And Ronaldo >>> Messi.

17 hours ago, GATA said:

I was listening to one of pregame commentators mention C. Ronaldo invests a ton of money on his body. The part of him being "obsessed on being the best" is true. He has a nutritionist, a chef, and a trainer that are always at his home. 

Hes 33 and still the best player in a sport where players don’t age as well as they do in baseball and basketball 

On 6/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, GATA said:

Wow all these years I never knew that the host country goes automatically in. (You learn something new everyday) 

It's a shame the US isn't in this year.

I wish the next cup wouldn't be done in Qatar, they'll have to build stadiums and then have them abandoned for yrs. 

They have the money plus they can use the stadiums for bocce tournaments. lol

On 6/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, GATA said:

Morocco vs Iran  11am (6/15)

http://tvcatchup.com/watch/itv

https://www.neostreamz.com/match/

Iran 1 - 0

Side Note: A SELF GOAL LMAOOOOOO ENDS IT HERE 

In the "World Cup". You can't make this sh*t up!

I watched this while at the gym. What a crusher to score the only goal of the game ... on your own team.

19 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I watched this while at the gym. What a crusher to score the only goal of the game ... on your own team.

He's going to get publicly shamed. I think that the worst having to go back home with that on constant replay. They're in a group that they would have never advanced to the next round but they could have at least shown good face.

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

He's going to get publicly shamed. I think that the worst having to go back home with that on constant replay. They're in a group that they would have never advanced to the next round but they could have at least shown good face.

He'll be lucky if he only gets publicly shamed. Gotta feel for him. And so late in the game.

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

He'll be lucky if he only gets publicly shamed. Gotta feel for him. And so late in the game.

But like what would make you head bud it. This was like the JR Smith play in the finals 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

But like what would make you head bud it. This was like the JR Smith play in the finals 

He had a nano second to decode . It was high, prob figured he could just push it off to the right side. Too bad he had a malformed head and it hit on the wrong spot. lol

Archived