Official WORLD CUP 2018

GATA

7 hours ago, GATA said:

That would help but I don't see them in the finals.

And that's what I see as well.

Anyway, it's a matter of how the following lineups end.

Paulinho is holding the midfielders back.   They need more creativity there.   Team played better in second half.  Not sure why they were sleep walking in first half.  Love Coutinho! Actually shoots on goal!

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Paulinho is holding the midfielders back.   They need more creativity there.   Team played better in second half.  Not sure why they were sleep walking in first half.  Love Coutinho! Actually shoots on goal!

He had some really nice looks today. I love his play too. He’s a great little shorty ^_^

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

back from a full Friday bender where my WC fantasy league hopes seem doomed now.  I pretty much feel like Iceland.

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 9.45.32 AM.png

Yesterday was my bender and today my recovery from that awful Argentina game.

I am ECSTATIC w/today's result. 

Argentina is STILL alive! Although they deserve to be out, this team - historically - just makes the cut when their back is against the wall. I have faith they will UPSET Nigeria on Tuesday and backpedal into the 2nd round. 

NYC Alert & PSA Announcement: Tomorrow a good portion of Queen's supermarkets and most of the manhattan supermarkets will be closed during Saturday's South Korea vs. Mexico game. :P

It's so much fun to see which NYC businesses are "closed for game" during the WC. 

it was a fun Friday though, I'm just coming the realization that my fantasy aspirations are over.

My only point opportunities now are team combined red/yellow cards and getting to bars for participation points where I rip on my friends and issue red cards to people for party fouls!

IMG_2181 2.JPG

IMG_2083.jpg

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

it was a fun Friday though, I'm just coming the realization that my fantasy aspirations are over.

My only point opportunities now are team combined red/yellow cards and getting to bars for participation points where I rip on my friends and issue red cards to people for party fouls!

IMG_2181 2.JPG

IMG_2083.jpg

Do you use the cards to flirt with the waitresses too? That would be pretty smooth

5-2 Belgium crushing Tunisia

Lukaku(BeL) with 2 back to back and Khazri (Tun) with 2 back to back goals. 

This game BEL made a statement they are finalist contenders. They looked sharp and confident. This is the type of play I expected from Germany game 1. 

Next game in 10 mins Mexico vs S Korea.

3 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Holy shit, Germany just got out of jail.

Unreal match. Sweden was simply exhausted by the end.  They got jobbed on the no-call early when Boateng tackled that breakaway from behind, but Germany was controlling the match the entire way so the result is fitting....I guess.

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Unreal match. Sweden was simply exhausted by the end.  They got jobbed on the no-call early when Boateng tackled that breakaway from behind, but Germany was controlling the match the entire way so the result is fitting....I guess.

To be fair, if they had got the penalty, and Boateng been sent off, Germany would have won 4 -2 or 5-2. Boateng was the best player on the pitch for the Swedes. Germany only started looking like a decent team after the red card.

And would like to think the top people in US Soccer are watching this Panamanian s**t show and thinking "This pile of crap finished ahead of the USMNT. We need fix things NOW."

But you know they're not.

5 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

To be fair, if they had got the penalty, and Boateng been sent off, Germany would have won 4 -2 or 5-2. Boateng was the best player on the pitch for the Swedes. Germany only started looking like a decent team after the red card.

And would like to think the top people in US Soccer are watching this Panamanian s**t show and thinking "This pile of crap finished ahead of the USMNT. We need fix things NOW."

But you know they're not.

This is so true 

I don’t have much to say. From Panama fouling twice inside the box (they were trying to go to second base with the players). Too the massive goal lead England had and Kane becoming the lead scorer in the tournament. England looks good and ripe for the picking. 

ENG 6-1 PAN

3-0 Uruguay defeats the Russians 

Uruguay actually looked good today. 

I think they’ve been holding back till today. 

Russia will not advance after next round. I repeat they will not advance I felt like I was watching youth team play. They couldn’t connect, they weren’t controlling the situation in the box. That’s a big NO from me

Archived