Official WORLD CUP 2018

GATA

1 hour ago, GATA said:

Till the end what a game.

Schmeichel and DEN Defense really saved this game. (Peru vs Denmark)

1-0 Denmark 

First game I have had the opportunity to watch this year.  Good game, but the guy calling the game for Fox took it to another level.  Not sure who he is, but that guy was great.  I could listen to him all day.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Lith said:

First game I have had the opportunity to watch this year.  Good game, but the guy calling the game for Fox took it to another level.  Not sure who he is, but that guy was great.  I could listen to him all day.

I was at a bar for the match, but Fox's coverage and commentators (maybe except for the Peru-Denmark game) have been brutal so far.

I miss ESPN. They did a beautiful job in 2010 and 2014. 

This Croatia game has been so slow paced. SMH at the Nigerian hugging one of them to the ground, by the box. That's an automatic penalty ... Com'on son! 

19 hours ago, Lith said:

11 hours ago, GATA said:

I hope everyone is watching this is the best game so far. (GER vs MEX)

Didn’t get to watch the whole thing, as I was at work. What I did see is what I was afraid of. It’s almost as if they felt they just had to show up and they’d win. 

8 hours ago, Thor99 said:

Didn’t get to watch the whole thing, as I was at work. What I did see is what I was afraid of. It’s almost as if they felt they just had to show up and they’d win. 

Germany played very good too. They had the majority of the possession and had some chances to score. The ball just kept hitting the posts. The next Germany match will be killer because GER with all that anger will blowout any team. 

Quick streaming update: 

Not sure if you guys still need me to post up live links

(which I can do, they just get interrupted sometimes)

I also found out anyone can stream through the Fox Sports App or through the Fox Sports website

(just log in with your cable/sat/fios Provider)

& Telemundo (For SAP

Minions_soccer-football_aniGIF.gif

Belgium vs Panama

3-0

The second half was very good for Belgium some nice goals.

Not as competitive as I expected Panama to be in the second portion of the game.

Tunisia vs England 

1-2

England won and played the better soccer.

The Tunnies were coming back but the 10 last mins they couldn't keep it live.

The last min goal ultimately defeated them.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:30 PM, PS17 said:

I was at a bar for the match, but Fox's coverage and commentators (maybe except for the Peru-Denmark game) have been brutal so far.

I miss ESPN. They did a beautiful job in 2010 and 2014. 

But will any of the announcers bring it like this:

13 hours ago, GATA said:

Tunisia vs England 

1-2

England won and played the better soccer.

The Tunnies were coming back but the 10 last mins they couldn't keep it live.

The last min goal ultimately defeated them.

The Brits are salivating to actually win a cup for once

On 6/16/2018 at 12:38 PM, GATA said:

Peru looked like the better team the first 15 mins. Denmark currently holds good possession of the ball

Peru vs Denmark

0-0 (38 min)

Close game that could have gone either way like most of these games

Peru’s first WC appearance since ‘83 they have nothing to be ashamed of

COL vs JAP

1-1 (69 min mark)

Holy sh!t!

In the first 3 mins Colombia gets a red card aka (-1 player) and Japan gets the penalty kick for it.

An injured Rodriguez comes in, during the second half with an injured Calf. 

This is what we talk about when we refer to the emotion of the World Cup every game is taken serious.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Close game that could have gone either way like most of these games

Peru’s first WC appearance since ‘83 they have nothing to be ashamed of

I agree I think a great game will be Peru vs France 

2-1 SEN Gets it

The game winning goal should be reverted,

but a very interesting second half.

Anyone that missed it should watch especially the last 15 mins.

3-1 Russia over Egypt

Between the Auto (Own) Goal from Egypt and the 2 Goals from Russia

The second half was dominated by Russia.

Salah (EGY) scored a penalty kick.

Egypt tried to keep it alive; there was a lot of tension in that game. 

Ultimately, Russia got the W

15 hours ago, GATA said:

3-1 Russia over Egypt

Between the Auto (Own) Goal from Egypt and the 2 Goals from Russia

The second half was dominated by Russia.

Salah (EGY) scored a penalty kick.

Egypt tried to keep it alive; there was a lot of tension in that game. 

Ultimately, Russia got the W

Putin feeding his guys roids again what’s up

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Putin feeding his guys roids again what’s up

That's what I told my coworker I kid you not lol.

That and he's probably threatening to humiliate them if they lose any game.

PORT Wins 1-0

Surprising game Morocco woke up too late in the tournament. 

If they would have played with this passion game 1.

The standings would look a lot different in this group.

CRonaldo with the 1 goal (making him the lead scorer in the tournament )

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ronaldo 1, Morocco 0. 

Ronaldo is now one of only 5 humans in history to score 4+ goals in a 2-game period in World Cup history. 

Lol because Ronaldo is the only one that scores.

Just now, GATA said:

Lol because Ronaldo is the only one that scores.

The rest of his squad is mostly worthless, especially his fellow forwards.  Someone else might put one in at some point in some freak occurrence.  Otherwise Portugal goes only as far as Ronaldo can take them. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The rest of his squad is mostly worthless, especially his fellow forwards.  Someone else might put one in at some point in some freak occurrence.  Otherwise Portugal goes only as far as Ronaldo can take them. 

I'm laughing because it's true; no amazing scorers in that squad.

The only teams that have showed the capacity to go all the way after the first set of group matches are:

Portugal - on Ronaldo's back (it's possible since Maradona did it in '86)

Uruguay - have a well balanced team with 2 forwards who are lethal. Also a weak group A.

Denmark - LETHAL set plays and physical style

Germany - excellent coach and attack. Mexico exposed their lack of speed.

Belgium - LOADED young roster. 

Croatia/Serbia - I find these 2 teams similar in style, physique, and attack. 

My beloved Argentina underwhelmed, but against Croatia they'll put in Pavon for DiMaria at Left Forward & Lo Celso for Biglia at Midfield. Hopefully this adds more speed (i.e. youth) and keeps defenders off Messi since Pavon is a danger up the wing. 

I LOVE watching Peru play (they're playing that ACTUAL Argentine style of La Gambeta y El Triangulo), they play the way Argentina used to & SHOULD be playing now. Poland also has a nice game, but that 2-0 loss was brutal and a surprise. Spain has young talent, but they're another tourney away from returning to their previous level. The Swiss are good, but not exceptional to the point of making a real dent in the WC. 

Brazil sucks and is overrated. Russia has played WEAK competition and is playing off the High of playing at home (See South Korea in 2002 WC, for similar trajectory). France, England, and Mexico are hyped by their local media, but will flame out as they ALWAYS do after the 2nd round. I'm not sold on France. Mexico played their hearts out vs/ Germany and will run out of emotional gas after the 2nd round. Plus, teams will now rough up Mexico's diminutive forwards to stifle their speed and extinguish their long ball fast breaks which exposed Germany. 

15 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The only teams that have showed the capacity to go all the way after the first set of group matches are:

Portugal - on Ronaldo's back (it's possible since Maradona did it in '86)

Uruguay - have a well balanced team with 2 forwards who are lethal. Also a weak group A.

Denmark - LETHAL set plays and physical style

Germany - excellent coach and attack. Mexico exposed their lack of speed.

Belgium - LOADED young roster. 

Croatia/Serbia - I find these 2 teams similar in style, physique, and attack. 

My beloved Argentina underwhelmed, but against Croatia they'll put in Pavon for DiMaria at Left Forward & Lo Celso for Biglia at Midfield. Hopefully this adds more speed (i.e. youth) and keeps defenders off Messi since Pavon is a danger up the wing. 

I LOVE watching Peru play (they're playing that ACTUAL Argentine style of La Gambeta y El Triangulo), they play the way Argentina used to & SHOULD be playing now. Poland also has a nice game, but that 2-0 loss was brutal and a surprise. Spain has young talent, but they're another tourney away from returning to their previous level. The Swiss are good, but not exceptional to the point of making a real dent in the WC. 

Brazil sucks and is overrated. Russia has played WEAK competition and is playing off the High of playing at home (See South Korea in 2002 WC, for similar trajectory). France, England, and Mexico are hyped by their local media, but will flame out as they ALWAYS do after the 2nd round. I'm not sold on France. Mexico played their hearts out vs/ Germany and will run out of emotional gas after the 2nd round. Plus, teams will now rough up Mexico's diminutive forwards to stifle their speed and extinguish their long ball fast breaks which exposed Germany. 

I would put Mexico instead of Uruguay but I pretty much agree with everything else. 

The Mexico teams played very well I don't see them dismantling after the second round 

1-0 Uruguay beats Saudi A.

A couple of things to take away from this. 

Uruguay looks like they're doing just enough per team. 

I expected much more from them overall; they were a fan favorite coming into the Tournament.

Not sure why only play defense, they have solid fwds. 

On another note: I feel bad for the Saudi Team this was before the Uruguay game.

image.png

2 hours ago, GATA said:

1-0 Uruguay beats Saudi A.

A couple of things to take away from this. 

Uruguay looks like they're doing just enough per team. 

I expected much more from them overall; they were a fan favorite coming into the Tournament.

Not sure why only play defense, they have solid fwds. 

On another note: I feel bad for the Saudi Team this was before the Uruguay game.

image.png

Yeah, don't think too many of those players will want to beheading back to Saudi.

And Iran deserve to lose by more than one goal. Bringing back those f**king vuvuzelas....

Archived