Former Jet TE Winslow arrested for Burglary

SouthernJet

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Friend of mine from my hometown Joe Cocozzo played for the Chargers for 4 seasons, O-Line.  1994-97. Played in the Super Bowl in 94. He said some guys would come to camp totally broke and didn’t even have a place to stay. He put some guys up in his apartment until they could start collecting their salary.  They would buy bling, rent out hotels and throw parties and blow every penny they made the previous year. Can’t imagine. Joe sent home almost everything he made. When he came home he was still driving a beat up GMC Jimmy. Banked a couple million and doing well today. Did it right.

Yup farriors agent, the famed Ralph Cindrich (1st agent to break bank for OffLineman and set a trend) wouldnt take a client unless they put certain ammount away in a 401 in case they ever got hurt and DIDNT invest, they owuld al least have a million which would generate 50-100K yearly  in interest by time they retire

8 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

This will somehow be Todd's fault by page 3.  Calling it now.

53 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Is this Bowles's fault too?

Nahhh  ... Being a bad coach is all that Bowles can handle

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's hard to feel sympathetic for someone who had so much going for him in life and just made bad financial decisions in a life that had no financial demands (not the way regular people think of money problems). Still it's sad all the same that this happens to so many.

For all their faults, the league and NFLPA really do make an effort to prepare these guys for this end of the life, and to be fair we rarely (or never) hear about those who made smart (or at least not 100% moronic) decisions as a result of that influence/guidance. Some just require so much coddling and/or are such hotheads it's a pride thing to never listen to anyone, or whatever the mental block is for them.

Im sure the NFLPA and the League do their best to teach these guys. However, this really seems to affect NFL athletes the most. I know there's more players available to screw up , non guaranteed contracts, etc... Still, this seems to be a big NFL issue. 

I remember watching the 30 for 30 'Broke' and it was mostly football guys if Im remembering correctly. Dont think there was one baseball or hockey guy. And the one NBA guy that  stood out was Jamal Mashburn who did REALLY well for himself. Wiki says he owns 37 Outbacks and 34 Papa John's plus sone horses or something. 

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

You would think getting caught with your dick in your hand in a parking lot would be somebodies low point 

In fairness to Winslow, there are a few things about that incident that don't add up.  Even if the woman who reported Winslow did park next to him, when you emerge from your car do you see what's in the seat of the car parked next to you?  This happened in a mall.  The only thing I see when I get out of my car in a mall parking lot is how close my door gets to the other car when I open it. This is Jersey, not some tiny rural outpost where people walk up to a car they don't know and say, "Howdy, I just want to welcome you to town".  

On 6/8/2018 at 8:40 AM, SouthernJet said:

has to be drugs, to get that low after the money he made..or he was a ThugTurd Jackass and bought 10 cars, 3 tons of jewelry and 4 houses

Trailer Park? What the hell is next? Local Bodega for a six pack?

At this point, hope his family get him the help he needs and that he's so effed up he has no choice but to accept it. 

On 6/8/2018 at 10:27 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Idiot. I get that some of these guys have no guidance after coming into crazy money at a crazy young age (especially after many eye roll & snicker while "listening" to the veterans giving speeches to the rookies about money management and such). But this guy had a father go through the league as a superstar. I'd say it's something in the water in Coral Gables, except plenty of others grow out of it.

Has to be drugs. Winslow had the leg up of a dad who knew the pitfalls and what could go wrong. And still he fell into this nonsense. 

On 6/8/2018 at 3:43 PM, MaxAF said:

Friend of mine from my hometown Joe Cocozzo played for the Chargers for 4 seasons, O-Line.  1994-97. Played in the Super Bowl in 94. He said some guys would come to camp totally broke and didn’t even have a place to stay. He put some guys up in his apartment until they could start collecting their salary.  They would buy bling, rent out hotels and throw parties and blow every penny they made the previous year. Can’t imagine. Joe sent home almost everything he made. When he came home he was still driving a beat up GMC Jimmy. Banked a couple million and doing well today. Did it right.

Wow that's awesome.  What did he do post-career (if I may ask)?

On 6/8/2018 at 12:42 PM, kelticwizard said:

Yes, that's the part that got me too.  While his wealthy father didn't send him to private school, he did attend Scripps Ranch High School, one of the top 5% public schools in the state.  So not only did he have money, he went to high school with future PhDs, millionaires and Silicon Valley entrepeneurs.

How far the fall.

It's going around these days:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/redmond-oneal-son-farrah-fawcett-ryan-oneal-charged-attempted-murder-1118704

8 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

In fairness to Winslow, there are a few things about that incident that don't add up.  Even if the woman who reported Winslow did park next to him, when you emerge from your car do you see what's in the seat of the car parked next to you?  This happened in a mall.  The only thing I see when I get out of my car in a mall parking lot is how close my door gets to the other car when I open it. This is Jersey, not some tiny rural outpost where people walk up to a car they don't know and say, "Howdy, I just want to welcome you to town".  

All very valid points. Well done !

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wow that's awesome.  What did he do post-career (if I may ask)?

Bought a house on 300 acres. Got married, has 2 kids and opened a physical therapy practice that him and his wife owns.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:16 PM, kelticwizard said:

As she exited her vehicle, she commented to the male regarding how cold it was. As she stood near the open driver side window of the Escalade, she observed the males [sic] erect penis. She stated that she believed he was masturbating. [The woman] provided a written statement regarding her account.

The officer wrote that "his genitals were not exposed" but "two open containers of Vaseline [were visible] on his center console." The report also cites the presence of plastic bags marked "Mr. Happy" and empty plastic containers of "Funky Monkey" scattered throughout the vehicle.

Vaseline eh?  Lol

Busted

(Quoted the wrong post) 

Archived