Holy crap is the Patriot Pig RIPE FOR SLAUGHTERRRRRRR

T0mShane

Patriots better come out firing because they'll have a new Left Tackle, same sh*tty defense without Patricia, 2 really slow WRs in Mathews & Hogan, Gronk doubled, no Lewis, no Amendola, no Edelman, (other than Gronk, these were all of their big play makers). They open vs Houston with Watson, Watt & Mercullus back. Then onto Jacksonville where the Jags get to avenge the playoff loss in Gillette where the refs stole a game from them, then they get the Lions with Stafford spraying the ball around vs their non existent pass rush. I know we joke about the pig being ripe for slaughter, but with Brady 41, new LT, way less play makers, even Gronk has to show his age after 3 back surgeries, we're definitely getting close to the end for this group. 

They lose that opener in Gillette vs Texans, the Jaguars will smell blood in the water & come out with an added intensity at home. Could be one of those azz whippings like the Ravens put on them in Gillette years ago. A good whooping with Brady getting hit A LOT might finally start getting him thinking about life after football. That Jaguar defense will be no joke, especially at home vs Pats. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BigO said:

4-12 is a refreshing change and about right with McClown leading the circus and Bowles as the ring master. That back to back 5-11 stuff ain’t cutting it. 

4-12 is no refreshing change its FAILURE on all levels.

Owner,GM,HC and team. 

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Which is exactly why Belichick was right about Jimmy G

I didn’t buy into his hype until I saw his games with 9ers, but I didn’t see him everyday in practice for 3 yrs like B.B. did. He took a team destined for #1 draft picked and had them playing like 1 of best teams in the league. Brady may be the better qb for another yr, but highly doubt it after that. They should have locked in jimmy G, traded Brady this offseason for hoard of picks/current players. 

5 hours ago, BigO said:

4-12 is a refreshing change and about right with McClown leading the circus and Bowles as the ring master. That back to back 5-11 stuff ain’t cutting it. 

Maybe then a dominant college pass rusher will be BPA instead of a DT or Middle lb 

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Maybe then a dominant college pass rusher will be BPA instead of a DT or Middle lb 

They desperately need a pass rusher like JJ Watt/Clooney/Ware. Add to that an entire OL, a #1 WR, an elite RB, an OLB.  Oh yea, a head coach that can actually coach and a GM who knows the ins and out of the NFL. According to many on here, this team is set or very close to be competitive. I dont see it. 

23 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I didn’t buy into his hype until I saw his games with 9ers, but I didn’t see him everyday in practice for 3 yrs like B.B. did. He took a team destined for #1 draft picked and had them playing like 1 of best teams in the league. Brady may be the better qb for another yr, but highly doubt it after that. They should have locked in jimmy G, traded Brady this offseason for hoard of picks/current players. 

Kraft got sentimental.

17 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Brady constantly running to Kraft like the bitch that he is when he wants to overrule Belichick. This isn't going to end well.

yep.  i don't know what brady has on kraft besides the sb wins but the way the patsies have been successful is to trade players while they are still playing well.  seymour and mankins stand out in this. there is no player that is not expendable, even brady.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yep.  i don't know what brady has on kraft besides the sb wins but the way the patsies have been successful is to trade players while they are still playing well.  seymour and mankins stand out in this. there is no player that is not expendable, even brady.

Ya can’t mess with Brady. It would be sacrilegious. He will retire a Patriot. He’s earned that right and Kraft knows it. 

30 minutes ago, BigO said:

They desperately need a pass rusher like JJ Watt/Clooney/Ware. Add to that an entire OL, a #1 WR, an elite RB, an OLB.  Oh yea, a head coach that can actually coach and a GM who knows the ins and out of the NFL. According to many on here, this team is set or very close to be competitive. I dont see it

It’s not. We bought the most expensive D player on the market for Bowles, but of course the O only gets the left overs nobody else wanted. 

We could have been more competitive if we did not trade up/pick darnold. We picked a player who may not even play this yr, even if he does it’s hard to imagine he can do much better as a rookie with this O. We could have picked Chubb at 6, two more immediate quality starters with our 2 2nds. Then we could have been more competitive. Maybe then shoot for 7-9, hope 8-8. But I’m extremely glad we sacrificed the season of just being “ competitive “ in order to get darnold. Next yr Mac has to build around the kid, forget Bowles and his D. Unless we can get a dominant pass rusher. 

Have to disagree with those in this thread about Belichick vs. Brady.  Belickick isn't the golden goose, Brady is.  Brady is why they won that last ring against the Falcons.  He's the GOAT and Belichick without Brady is George Seifert with the Panthers.

It gets so overlooked how much Brady bails out the team in games. The Patriots D benefots from opposing offenses being scared of always having to match Brady.

34 minutes ago, BigO said:

Ya can’t mess with Brady. It would be sacrilegious. He will retire a Patriot. He’s earned that right and Kraft knows it. 

maybe.  i guarantee krafty is looking at the business side.  he probably thinks he'll sell more merchandise and tickets with brady even if he closes out his career going 8-8 than if he went with a better qb.  but there is going to be a transition and it's going to happen soon.  the bellichicken isn't getting any younger and neither is brady.  i hope little joshy knows how big the shoes are he's going to have to fill.

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

wow.  (if any of it is true).  Who is Adam Kurkjian?  What are the "multiple sources" he cites?  Need more info here.

Former scribe for the Boston Herald.  Think he's doing the blog thing now

20 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

All this means is the Dolphins or the Bills will have an unusually good season and win the division and the jets will go 4-12

Actually, the Jets will go 8-8.

They just miss the playoffs.

They also just miss a premier Edge Rusher in the draft who drops to #16 because the Jets draft at 17.

They finished the season on a 3 game winning streak.

But nobody kneeled during any anthems.

Chris Johnson declares the season a success, "after our noticeable improvement over last year's 5 win season and strong finish to the year.  I've extended Todd Bowles for 3 more years."  Woody via Twitter, "Congrats to Coach Bowles and Mike Maccagnan for a great season.  Also, the fish and chips are great here!"

On 6/8/2018 at 9:52 PM, CanadaSteve said:

2007: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Super Bowl)

2008: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

2009: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

2010: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

2011: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!  (Lost Super Bowl)

2012: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Conference Championship)

2013: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Conference Championship)

2014: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Won Super Bowl)

2015: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Conference Championship)

2016: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Won Super Bowl)

2017: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Super Bowl)

2018: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

is 2007 the actual year that dingbat first made that post?

this is straight out of Machiavelli’s the Prince:

Brady basically forces Jimmy G out. The pats showed loyalty to TB and he earned the right.  BB and Kraft then probably assumed there’d be some gratitude there from TB....but instead Brady then use his now HUGE clout as the only viable QB to sit out voluntaries, whine about his contract and then sew discord with Gronk and the rest of the team.  No way he does that if Jimmy GQ is still nipping at heels.  What a power play. Sun Tzu’d that situation- eliminates competition, leveraged his power to have influence.  

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

this is straight out of Machiavelli’s the Prince:

Brady basically forces Jimmy G out. The pats showed loyalty to TB and he earned the right.  BB and Kraft then probably assumed there’d be some gratitude there from TB....but instead Brady then use his now HUGE clout as the only viable QB to sit out voluntaries, whine about his contract and then sew discord with Gronk and the rest of the team.  No way he does that if Jimmy GQ is still nipping at heels.  What a power play. Sun Tzu’d that situation- eliminates competition, leveraged his power to have influence.  

Yes and now much longer will BB stand being undermined..

I have a spare napkin for him to write on and pass to Kraft.

Brissett is a jag. Never understood the hype for him but barring injury Jimmy G should be an A level QB for years.

I bet he was thrilled to get traded. He was never going to start until TB got hurt or retired which could easily be 4-5 more years.

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Whatever happened to Green Jets & Ham? They should do a 30 for 30 on his exodus and current whereabouts. 

He posts over at Jet Fans United.  I posted there for a little while after JI came apart, but didn't stick around for long.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:52 PM, CanadaSteve said:

2007: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Super Bowl)

2008: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

2009: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

2010: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

2011: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!  (Lost Super Bowl)

2012: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Conference Championship)

2013: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Conference Championship)

2014: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Won Super Bowl)

2015: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Conference Championship)

2016: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Won Super Bowl)

2017: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter! (Lost Super Bowl)

2018: This is the year the Pats are ripe for the slaughter!

Exaclty.  I will not believe that the pig is ripe until after the hole is dug, the fire is lit and the pig is fully roasted and ready for consumption.  I just hope that when htat day scomes, we are the ones in position to enjoy the pig pickin.

Archived