Holy crap is the Patriot Pig RIPE FOR SLAUGHTERRRRRRR

T0mShane

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

this is straight out of Machiavelli’s the Prince:

Brady basically forces Jimmy G out. The pats showed loyalty to TB and he earned the right.  BB and Kraft then probably assumed there’d be some gratitude there from TB....but instead Brady then use his now HUGE clout as the only viable QB to sit out voluntaries, whine about his contract and then sew discord with Gronk and the rest of the team.  No way he does that if Jimmy GQ is still nipping at heels.  What a power play. Sun Tzu’d that situation- eliminates competition, leveraged his power to have influence.  

Brady is the reason they have won and continue to win....TBH he should have that type of clout. When he's gone they become just another team, BB becomes just another coach and Kraft becomes just another owner.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Brady is the reason they have won and continue to win....TBH he should have that type of clout. When he's gone they become just another team, BB becomes just another coach and Kraft becomes just another owner.

Belichick has coached 21 games on the patriots with Brady. Belichick won an AFC title game with Drew Bledsoe, went 11-5 in a season with Matt Cassel, and 3-1 with Garrapolo in his first ever starts and Jacoby Brisset in his first ever start.

If you think those are not accomplishments, ask yourself when was the last time the jets had a coach that won an AFC title game, won 11 games in a season, or had a 3-1 stretch.

Yeah thankfully they forced Garapollo out - I think they may have continued on. Brady is one of the GOAT, no doubt, but he plays one position. The most important position, but still. They have won SBs with scheme alone holding the defense together.

14 hours ago, David Harris said:

this is straight out of Machiavelli’s the Prince:

Brady basically forces Jimmy G out. The pats showed loyalty to TB and he earned the right.  BB and Kraft then probably assumed there’d be some gratitude there from TB....but instead Brady then use his now HUGE clout as the only viable QB to sit out voluntaries, whine about his contract and then sew discord with Gronk and the rest of the team.  No way he does that if Jimmy GQ is still nipping at heels.  What a power play. Sun Tzu’d that situation- eliminates competition, leveraged his power to have influence.  

Starting a QB over the age of 40 at some point goes bad.It's now a weekly proposition.  Whether it's gradual decline or getting clobbered on one play like happened to Steve Young forcing the issue, there is no old timer's farewell tours in the NFL. Bellichick, whatever else you think about him, knows that as well as anyone. And he did not want to lose Garapolo. 

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Belichick has coached 21 games on the patriots with Brady. Belichick won an AFC title game with Drew Bledsoe, went 11-5 in a season with Matt Cassel, and 3-1 with Garrapolo in his first ever starts and Jacoby Brisset in his first ever start.

If you think those are not accomplishments, ask yourself when was the last time the jets had a coach that won an AFC title game, won 11 games in a season, or had a 3-1 stretch.

Bledsoe played part of a game after Brady got injured.  They went 11-5 with Cassel because they had the NFL’s best OL and a prime Welker and Moss

Jimmy G was Belichick’s first great qb not named Brady and he knew it

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Starting a QB over the age of 40 at some point goes bad.It's now a weekly proposition.  Whether it's gradual decline or getting clobbered on one play like happened to Steve Young forcing the issue, there is no old timer's farewell tours in the NFL. Bellichick, whatever else you think about him, knows that as well as anyone. And he did not want to lose Garapolo. 

If Belichick could've had his way do you think he'd have cut Brady and just started Garoppollo?

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Belichick could've had his way do you think he'd have cut Brady and just started Garoppollo?

eventually.  But not while they are still perrennial AFCE Champions with regular trips to the superbowl.  

After all of that he has a long ding record as a HC without Brady. So yes, it’s about Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

After all of that he has a long ding record as a HC without Brady. So yes, it’s about Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Should have prefaced your original post with the fact that you’re not interested in a discussion, and I wouldn’t have wasted my time. 

15-6 with an 11 win season and an afc championship in separate circumstances spanning 4 different QBs including 3 making their first starts. That is not a “ding” record - no matter how disingenuous you want to be or which way you lean on brady v. belichick. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Should have prefaced your original post with the fact that you’re not interested in a discussion, and I wouldn’t have wasted my time. 

15-6 with an 11 win season and an afc championship in separate circumstances spanning 4 different QBs including 3 making their first starts. That is not a “ding” record - no matter how disingenuous you want to be or which way you lean on brady v. belichick. 

I'm not even sure what that means...

How is his overall record as a head coach not serious point of discussion? BB does, in fact, have a losing record as a HC without Brady.

How is that not relevant point? 

I'm not saying BB is a bad coach, in fact I think he's a very good one - but he's winning all of these championships because of Brady and not the other way around.  

I don’t take much stock in rumors, however, their DC is gone, he was the play caller on Defense. I don’t see much improvement on the D side of the ball. Belichick is 66 yrs old. I have a feeling he will retire a Patriot. Brady is one good hit away from being out and maybe done. Plus he’s one year older. He may want to play into his mid 40’s but can he. His angles are taped like Frankenstein’s boots every game. Gronk  seems more interested in making movies and running horses these days. How into it will he be. Is the hunger still there. He’s another one who’s pretty beat up. 

They’ve had quite a dynasty although they play in the weakest division in the NFL and have been for a very long time. They get six wins almost automatically every year with divisional games. That being said this could be a very troubling year for the Pat’s.....but then again?

On 6/10/2018 at 2:45 PM, Bugg said:

This is not true in this day and age.  Brady has got more HGH running through his veins then peyton manning's wife.  He will be at this level another 5 or 6 years with the stuff he is taking.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not true in this day and age.  Brady has got more HGH running through his veins then peyton manning's wife.  He will be at this level another 5 or 6 years with the stuff he is taking.

Yes and as long as Brady plays the pats are going to be a 11-13 win team even if Kraft is forced to fire Belichick 

On 6/9/2018 at 10:39 PM, neckdemon said:

is 2007 the actual year that dingbat first made that post?

No, the OP was in 2008 prior to the Week 2 game between the Jets and Pats. Jets home opener -- and Brady had just gone down for the season. It was Brett Favre vs. Matt Cassel who hadn't started a game since high school... And the Jets lost anyway.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:02 AM, CanadaSteve said:

It just feels like we have been saying this every year for a decade, with not much changing.

idk if you were around but there was an actual post "the pig is ripe for the slaughter" referring to the patriots being primed to be dethroned. didn't happen, lol and the post became pretty famous.....in part due to the "eccentric" nature of the poster himself

16 hours ago, neckdemon said:

idk if you were around but there was an actual post "the pig is ripe for the slaughter" referring to the patriots being primed to be dethroned. didn't happen, lol and the post became pretty famous.....in part due to the "eccentric" nature of the poster himself

Oh, I was around!  Hence why I made the post above where the pig has been ripe for slaughter since 2007!

Last year I thought they had one of the most talented teams in the league before the season began objectively speaking (once you get past the bias).  Then they proceeded to lose there best wr, multiple pieces on the OL, their best defensive player, several of their rookies, there second year cb etc etc.  In mid season, they also traded away two starting nfl qbs.  Despite having one of the highest injury tolls in the league, they proceeded to make the superbowl where they lost their best wr as well as benching their allstar cb.  And it was still close.  The conclusion was the team was pretty stacked.

This year, is the first time in a long time where I think there is a certain writing on the wall.  Not having Garrop is a huge blow to the future of the organization, and I think its clear that they've now lost a lot of talent to FA without getting much in return.  Meanwhile the stars they do have are returning from bad injuries and/or aging (Hightower, McCourty, Chung, Brady, Gronk, Edelman).  They backside of their roster is full of young players with some promise (there OL is pretty good all things considered), but they don't have the same quantity or quality of premium players that they did in their superbowl run a few years ago.

Then there is the whole off the field drama.  

Yea, they'll probably still win the division, but I don't think the superbowl is a guarantee like it was last year and I think it's going to be hard for them to make it back without a bit of rebuild (by which point Brady will have retired).

• 2 weeks later...

Now Edelman is appealing, and will probably pursue some brady-like federal trial if he doesn’t win the appeal.

Such a grimey organization from top to bottom. I cannot wait for the nfl to be rid of all of them. Hopefully Sam shows out this year and leads all of them to retirement 8-)

36 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Now Edelman is appealing, and will probably pursue some brady-like federal trial if he doesn’t win the appeal.

Such a grimey organization from top to bottom. I cannot wait for the nfl to be rid of all of them. Hopefully Sam shows out this year and leads all of them to retirement 8-)

Gee season ending injury and testing positive for pedss right after that. Patriot way 

36 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If I could write the script, Josh Allen and Sam Darnold would both go 2-0 against them this year while they split with MIA and finish 7-9, third in the AFCE.  While I'm at it, Jimmy G leads the 49ers to a conference championship and just for fun, CLE wins the AFCN behind Tyrod Taylor.  

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Gee season ending injury and testing positive for pedss right after that. Patriot way 

Brady: pre 2007, admittedly limited arm talent. Post season ending injury, no remnants of injury, and arm talent significantly increased. 

Gronk: I mean just look at him and tell me he’s not taking something extra-ordinary, especially with all of his back issues.

Edelman: season ending injury followed by suspension for unknown substances at the age of 32.

Common links: kraft, belichick, guerrero, and scumbagness. 

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Brady: pre 2007, admittedly limited arm talent. Post season ending injury, no remnants of injury, and arm talent significantly increased. 

Gronk: I mean just look at him and tell me he’s not taking something extra-ordinary, especially with all of his back issues.

Edelman: season ending injury followed by suspension for unknown substances at the age of 32.

Look at Rob Nincovich. All those years of production and gets popped for peds then retires. Just proof that something beyond what most players are doing kept him playing. The whole thing stinks. 

On 6/25/2018 at 8:58 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

It’s the next great Patriots cheating scandal.  There are other guys too like that loudmouth Rodney Harrison who got caught

Archived