Patriot Killa

Oakland Raiders release Hackenberg

Rate this topic

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Actually in Canada accuracy is even more important than in US due to wider field. Plays tend to go horizontal than vertical. Misnomer that a bust in USA could automatically be a star in Canada. Pennington would’ve been incredible in canada due to accuracy.

Accuracy on 2 yard passes?  

Hackenburg's career is likely over. There is no regular season tape on him, and the preseason tape is just abysmal. Getting cut after a 1/15 5 int practice will nail his coffin shut.

However, in this thread a lot of people are saying he was universally rated poorly before the draft. That is just not true. There was the famous undraftable rating by PFF which in hindsight gives some strength to the accuracy of their evaluation methods, but there were quite a few evaluations that rated him highly.

The long term effect of Hackenburg is that teams will downgrade inaccurate QBs more aggressively, maybe with exception of an Allen that has one of the biggest arms in NFL history.

He'll get an opportunity somewhere. There's two new leagues (AAF and XFL) forming. I'm sure one of them will give him a chance. His physical ability will be enticing.

28 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He'll get an opportunity somewhere. There's two new leagues (AAF and XFL) forming. I'm sure one of them will give him a chance. His physical ability will be enticing.

..a person's " physical ability " can be enticing... to some  😎

ny1.jpg

On 6/13/2018 at 9:34 AM, flgreen said:

Suspect sometime today we'll be hearing that Gruden signed Hack to his PS.  Gets to keep his 7th, and keep a developmental player on the PS

I honestly don't think so. I think Gruden, who is a great QB analyst took one (or 2) looks at Hack and said " Nah, nothing there to work with" .

13 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I think Hack will be throwing interceptions to Roman Reigns in the XFL next year

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's being reported that after passing waivers Christian Hackenberg is up in New England for a visit. 

They're going to pick his brain then tell him to kick rocks. 

I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that conversation:

Belichick:  So Christian can you tell us about the jets playbook?

Hackenberg: Uh, I dunno I don’t remember duh plays

On 6/13/2018 at 3:26 PM, Raideraholic said:

Lets just say there is a big big dropoff from Derek Carr to C Cook,  or E J Manuel.  If c Cook was all that , he would easily beat out Ej Manuel.   That hasn't happened, and he's no closer to winning the backup Qb job.

Now with that said no third string Qb with no playing experience whatsoever, thrown into a game against a playoff caliber defense,  is going to be successful.    ( just aren't going to have chemistry with players you never threw too. So I can't kill Cook there.

Manuel is significantly better than Cook and I think Manuel sucks

Connor Cook is a hot garbage sandwich

21 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Manuel is significantly better than Cook and I think Manuel sucks

Connor Cook is a hot garbage sandwich

Connor Cook has looked pretty bad this offseason.    ( Just how bad did Hackenberg look). It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders signed J Manziel ( up in Canada ) at some point during the season.    J Gruden has always liked him, and he's willing to sign for cheap.( to get another chance to play in the NFL.     Johnny football fits the type of Qb Gruden prefers,   than  someone like Hackenberg.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, johnnysd said:

Hackenburg's career is likely over. There is no regular season tape on him, and the preseason tape is just abysmal. Getting cut after a 1/15 5 int practice will nail his coffin shut.

However, in this thread a lot of people are saying he was universally rated poorly before the draft. That is just not true. There was the famous undraftable rating by PFF which in hindsight gives some strength to the accuracy of their evaluation methods, but there were quite a few evaluations that rated him highly.

The long term effect of Hackenburg is that teams will downgrade inaccurate QBs more aggressively, maybe with exception of an Allen that has one of the biggest arms in NFL history.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but was that really his stat line with Oakland? Wow.

You are correct - the evaluations of him were all across the board. I don't hate Mac like a lot around here do, but I was really disappointed in the pick. Not so much about the round picked, but that Mac was spooked and most likely took him before he wanted to. Pretty weak.

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Connor Cook has looked pretty bad this offseason.    ( Just how bad did Hackenberg look). It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders signed J Manziel ( up in Canada ) at some point during the season.    J Gruden has always liked him, and he's willing to sign for cheap.( to get another chance to play in the NFL.     Johnny football fits the type of Qb Gruden prefers,   than  someone like Hackenberg.

I think Manziel had to sign a two year commitment with the CFL. He's with the Ti-cats and they open the season in 20 minutes on ESPN2 I think. But he's second on the depth chart to starter Jeremiah Masoli who was a prospect at one time when at Oregon. But that was years ago. 

On 6/17/2018 at 3:42 AM, Larz said:

It's a little embarrassing not to be one of the best 96 QBs on planet earth but if he's smart he has some money and can open a life insurance brokerage in western PA 

Being over drafted, Hack signed a 2nd round contract.

The Kid made over $2Mill in two years. Not bad to say he stood on the sideline and did nothing.

5 minutes ago, edscuba said:

So no 7th rounder from Raiders. Is that it for JETS? If Hack signs with another NFL team do JETS get anything?

No, the Raiders 7th round was conditional. He never made to conditions. 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:19 PM, Raideraholic said:

Yes, Las Vegas is a fantastic place for Manziel.