That buzz you hear is all about Darnold

jetrider

On 6/16/2018 at 4:42 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

How about we wait till these guys take at least 1 nfl snap before we annoint darnold and crush the giants.

Hell, we both could make out well here.  Maybe the giants win a super bowl or 2 the next few years w/ Barkley leading the way.  And Darnold becomes a frsnchise qb and gets us a super bowl or two down the road.

When was the last time a team won a SB because they had a RB leading the way?  

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When was the last time a team won a SB because they had a RB leading the way?  

Arguably the Seahawks, yeah the D won the first one, BUT if the Seahawks don’t have a brain fart, or whatever reason you believe they didn’t give it to Lynch he would have lead the way in that one.  If you go back to the Cowboys first Super Bowl win in 1992, Aikman, Young, Favre, Elway, Warner, Brady, Big Ben, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Brees, Aaron Rodgers accounted for 21 of the 26 Super Bowl wins, and Russell Wilson might not get everyone’s respect as an elite QB, but he gets mine so it’s 22 out of 26 of the last Super Bowls won by HOF, and future HOF QB’s yes I will argue Wilson will end up in the HOF along with the others on the list that are not in the HOF yet.  Dilfer, Johnson, Flacco, and Foles are the exceptions in the last 26 years, and Foles is kind of an asterisk guy as the probable MVP, player ranked #3 best player in the league by his peers in only his 2nd season drove that bus most the way so he is kind of a Hostetller type who got thrust into a situation that had destiny on its side like Jeff H.

So yes the RB dominating, and carrying a team to a Super Bowl is probably the wrong way to try, and win a Super Bowl, and the main reason the Giants will look like fools in 3 years for passing on Darnold while us Jets fans get to reap the benefits of that with a sh*t eating grin!

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Seattle 

Think they were more of a complete team, lead by their defense.  The year they won wasn't his best, he only ran for 1200 yards.  I was thinking more of the 1600-2000 yard run dominated team.  The AP, B Sanders, etc types. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think they were more of a complete team, lead by their defense.  The year they won wasn't his best, he only ran for 1200 yards.  I was thinking more of the 1600-2000 yard run dominated team.  The AP, B Sanders, etc types. 

Fair enough but they might very well have another ring if those idiots ran him one more time at the goal line .

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fair enough but they might very well have another ring if those idiots ran him one more time at the goal line .

Don't remind me.  A gift for our favorite team.  Can't stand the image of Tammy jumping up and down like a little girl after Butlers pick. 

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In 1998 Terrell Davis had 21 tds rushing along with his 2,000+ yards. Elway passed for 22.. Terrell was the man in their back to back bowl wins..

12 hours ago, Savage69 said:

In 1998 Terrell Davis had 21 tds rushing along with his 2,000+ yards. Elway passed for 22.. Terrell was the man in their back to back bowl wins..

That was the one I was thinking.  20 years ago.  And a different game, played with different rules.  

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I was at the draft party, the roar when Barkley was picked was unreal. It was something I’ll never forget!

When Baker was selected, almost the entire section that I was in was stunned silent, and I was obnoxiously celebrating as if we had just won the superbowl - knowing that we would get either Rosen or Darnold.

Then Saquon was selected and everyone was celebrating with me - knowing that we now had our very own pick of Rosen or Darnold.

It was glorious.

Archived