That buzz you hear is all about Darnold

jetrider

24 minutes ago, nico002 said:

This is nonsense. There is little to no difference between being #1 or #3. QBs get their pay day on contract #2- the browns are literally the last place he’d want to go to get that.

There is pride in being the number 1 overall player selected in a professional sports draft. It’s a good amount of the reason they put hard work into their craft at the college level.

Every player wants that..it has little to do with the difference in money.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, nico002 said:

This is nonsense. There is little to no difference between being #1 or #3. QBs get their pay day on contract #2- the browns are literally the last place he’d want to go to get that.

Rather you think it's nonsense or not, what inside information are you privy too to counter my statement?  You don't know Sam either....he may not grab his crotch, plant a flag in an opposing field or childishly keep a list of those that he feels doesn't worship him as a god....but make no mistake, Sam is highly competitive, and if you think being #1 isn't important to Sam, you know nothing of the kid and just how competitive he is.

There is someone here, or your other site,  that lives in Southern California, L.A., that is welcome to our tailgate to meet me, and he can see exactly who and what I know.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

There is pride in being the number 1 overall player selected in a professional sports draft. It’s a good amount of the reason they put hard work into their craft at the college level.

After I posted, I read yours...you are spot on, also a factor, USC and our great rival, are tied for most #1 draft picks in CFB history. 

7 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Rather you think it's nonsense or not, what inside information are you privy too to counter my statement?  You don't know Sam either....he may not grab his crotch, plant a flag in an opposing field or childishly keep a list of those that he feels doesn't worship him as a god....but make no mistake, Sam is highly competitive, and if you think being #1 isn't important to Sam, you know nothing of the kid and just how competitive he is.

There is someone here, or your other site,  that lives in Southern California, L.A., that is welcome to our tailgate to meet me, and he can see exactly who and what I know.

You’re full of crap. No player will come out just because one team promises something a year before the draft. Darnold came out because he was a consensus top 5 pick.

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You’re full of crap. No player will come out just because one team promises something a year before the draft. Darnold came out because he was a consensus top 5 pick.

You are nothing but a brash no-nothing, particularly about your opinion that resides solely in your head.

i can prove what I know, can you?  No, it's only your opinion, and a bad one.

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

After I posted, I read yours...you are spot on, also a factor, USC and our great rival, are tied for most #1 draft picks in CFB history. 

Sam wore a brown tie to the draft and also had bought a blue one. He had zero idea that the Browns were going to pass on him and come to find out he wasn’t even their second choice, Josh Allen was. 

You could see the look on his face...Guy was shocked when the Browns passed on him. So honestly his actions leading up until the draft as well as ON draft night really could be used as merit to what you are saying. 

You are a huge USC fan, so I’ll take your word on it rather than scrutinize it for no reason lol.

Btw, just curious, were you a Jets fan before the draft or did you come aboard when we drafted Darnold? I think it’s cool when we gain fans from different places as well as from different circumstances. Was just wondering though.

Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

You are nothing but a brash no-nothing, particularly about your opinion that resides solely in your head.

So you’re telling me Darnold was willing to risk injury and lose everything to essentially move from #3 to #1? 

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Not quite sure I understand all this "Mahomes to the HOF" talk.   Guy played one game last year, right?

Agree, but it’s wild that Andy Reid has basically put the whole franchise in Mahomes’ hands and there’s been nothing but high praise since. If dude wants to kill the Giants for taking a RB over a potential franchise QB, then he has to apply the same standards to taking a sh*tty strong safety over a potential franchise QB. And then you’re getting into comparing Adams to Barkley as prospects, which isn’t even a contest.

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Payton would of came out if Parcells promised his father to take him #1 .... do Jet fans not know this happens first hand? 

We missed out on one of the best QB’s to ever play because of this very situation.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sam wore a brown tie to the draft and also had bought a blue one. He had zero idea that the Browns were going to pass on him and come to find out he wasn’t even their second choice, Josh Allen was. 

You could see the look on his face...Guy was shocked when the Browns passed on him. So honestly his actions leading up until the draft as well as ON draft night really could be used as merit to what you are saying. 

You are a huge USC fan, so I’ll take your word on it rather than scrutinize it for no reason lol.

Btw, just curious, were you a Jets fan before the draft or did you come aboard when we drafted Darnold? I think it’s cool when we gain fans from different places as well as from different circumstances. Was just wondering though.

I was shocked the browns and giants passed on him too. That’s irrelevant to my point.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Payton would of came out if Parcells promised his father to take him #1 .... do Jet fans not know this happens first hand? 

We missed out on one of the best QB’s to ever play because of this very situation.

This is urban legend, but carry on. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agree, but it’s wild that Andy Reid has basically put the whole franchise in Mahomes’ hands and there’s been nothing but high praise since. If dude wants to kill the Giants for taking a RB over a potential franchise QB, then he has to apply the same standards to taking a sh*tty strong safety over a potential franchise QB. And then you’re getting into comparing Adams to Barkley as prospects, which isn’t even a contest.

If Adams gets 5-6 interceptions as well as progressing his solid run support...are you finally going to stop calling the dude “sh*t”? 

Just curious.

1. That’s 1000% speculation 

2. Peyton went back for his senior year, and rookie contracts were a different deal then

Just now, nico002 said:

1. That’s 1000% speculation 

2. Peyton went back for his senior year, and rookie contracts were a different deal then

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is urban legend, but carry on. 

When there is smoke there is fire but I guess it is speculation if you will....

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

You are completely correct in your assertion.

I've liked the Jets, but not an NFL fan, and I honestly had no plan on staying here long intruding on your board, but I was touched by the passion of your fanbase.

When there is smoke there is fire but I guess it is speculation if you will....

Both Peyton and Archie deny it was the case to this day. Peyton stayed in school because he’s a spineless mush who can’t handle criticism or pressure. Archie said as much when asked about Eli’s unique ability to handle NYC

9 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You are completely correct in your assertation.  

I've liked the Jets, but not an NFL fan, and I honestly had no plan on staying here long intruding on your board, but I was touched by the passion of your fanbase.

Darnold is our shiniest piece of hope at seeing greatness at the QB position in over 50 years! We are psyched to have him and I think he’ll have a great career.

We definitely are passionate...but mostly because we are dilusional from all the misery.?

Sammy is about to change all of that though.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Darnold is our shiniest piece of hope at seeing greatness at the QB position in over 50 years! We are psyched to have him and I think he’ll have a great career.

We definitely are passionate...but mostly because we are dilusional from all the misery.?

Sammy is about to change all of that though.

I sincerely hope so....I've enjoyed watching Sam play for two years, and I've never enjoyed watching a QB more than Sam....and my HC when I was at USC was John McKay in the 60s, that's a hell of a lot of Trojan football!

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I sincerely hope so....I've enjoyed watching Sam play for two years, and I've never enjoyed watching a QB more than Sam....and my HC when I was at USC was John McKay in the 60s, that's a hell of a lot of Trojan football!

How much did you like Sanchez when he was at USC for his short time? Is Mark and sam similar in any way to you?

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Judging by the poll of Jets fans picking Mayfield over Darnold, maybe Mayfield would have been the choice.

i can understand if it was Sammy vs Josh Rosen.

That poll was a bit skewed.  

None of us thought he'd actually be there at three and we basically talked ourselves into thinking Baker was a better choice.

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How much did you like Sanchez when he was at USC for his short time? Is Mark and sam similar in any way to you?

Let me just say....Mark and Sam are as different as night and day, in every way save they were both USC QBs.  In temperament, skill and promise, not even close. Frankly, USC fans were shocked you took Mark that high.  

Sam saved us, and the jobs of his coaching staff, countless times, Mark was surrounded by so much NFL talent at USC it was crazy.  All Americans and future NFL stars, his entire offensive line were drafted high within two years, including Tyron Smith, and the best defense USC fielded in the PC era.  

Couldn't be more opposite of each other, I don't know where to begin. Sadly.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I still wonder if the Jets would have taken Mayfield over Darnold, given the chance.  And I am eternally grateful it didn't come up as a choice they had to make.  

One more thing we have to be cognizant of concerning the stuff coming out about Mayfield and Darnold so far, which favors Darnold..............

While the pads are not on I think that it is telling that Darnold received the most 1st team reps and did quite well, while Mayfield has received second team reps ONLY.......

That is all..... :) 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Indeed Darnold and his reps were making a very big deal about being drafted Number 1........

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

It’s gross honestly. If we did that and had Eli we would be seeing him in AARP commercial already. Then the 67 weekly articles demanding to know why we took the new Blair Thomas over the opportunity to draft this years top rated QB. 

It’s the same ol Jet hating giant loving media

55 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You are completely correct in your assertation.  

If you try and leave.........

WE ALL WILL HUNT YOU DOWN LIKE A CRAZED MOB!!!!

James Whale Riot GIF by Maudit - Find & Share on GIPHY

Welcome to the BOARD..........

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

I still wonder if the Jets would have taken Mayfield over Darnold, given the chance.  And I am eternally grateful it didn't come up as a choice they had to make.  

I honestly believe that the Jets traded up to #3 content that they would get Mayfield at a minimum, were shocked when he went #1, and then were ecstatic when Darnold dropped to them. Mac's previous QB picks were physical prototypes, seems off that Baker would've been his first choice overall. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Both Peyton and Archie deny it was the case to this day. Peyton stayed in school because he’s a spineless mush who can’t handle criticism or pressure. Archie said as much when asked about Eli’s unique ability to handle NYC

I thought he stayed in school so he could sexually, and mentally torture the University trainer for one more year?

Let me just say....Mark and Sam are as different as night and day, in every way save they were both USC QBs.  In temperament, skill and promise, not even close. Frankly, USC fans were shocked you took Mark that high.  

Sam saved us, and the jobs of his coaching staff, countless times, Mark was surrounded by so much NFL talent at USC it was crazy.  All Americans and future NFL stars, his entire offensive line were drafted high within two years, including Tyron Smith, and the best defense USC fielded in the PC era.  

Couldn't be more opposite of each other, I don't know where to begin. Sadly.

Please feel free to stay post as long a you like. You give great Sam. 

Sam Darnold is my ride, or die.

Baker Mayfield would have been my dump, and run.

So glad things turned out the way they did after the Jets passed on Mahomes last year, only QB that came out the last 2 years that I would take over Mahomes is Darnold so it all somehow worked out thou I’d be fine getting ready for year 2 of Pat Mahomes.  Darnold VS Mahomes in the AFCCG won’t be to far away can’t wait!

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sam Darnold is my ride, or die.

Baker Mayfield would have been my dump, and run.

So glad things turned out the way they did after the Jets passed on Mahomes last year, only QB that came out the last 2 years that I would take over Mahomes is Darnold so it all somehow worked out thou I’d be fine getting ready for year 2 of Pat Mahomes.  Darnold VS Mahomes in the AFCCG won’t be to far away can’t wait!

You had a melt down and threatened to throw away your long time fandom and disappear forever if we drafted Baker...

DAMN THIS CLOSE!

haha just playing, but I don’t like Pat..I just don’t see what’s so great about him besides his athletic ability.

There is nothing like the desperate rush to judgement of a long abused fanbase.

Maybe instead of all this hot air, we could, you know, just wait till he plays.  In a game.  That counts.

And then make some evaluations on that, of something real.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is nothing like the desperate rush to judgement of a long abused fanbase.

Maybe instead of all this hot air, we could, you know, just wait till he plays.  In a game.  That counts.

And then make some evaluations on that, of something real.

Kid is legitimately the best QB prospect the Jets have had since Namath.

Not sure how you can fault fans for being pretty excited about the guy.

Sure, there’s the off-chance that he could be a bust, but pretty much every scout out there thinks that worst case scenario, he’s a serviceable starting QB for a number of years. Best case, he’s one of the Top 5-8 QB’s in the league for the next decade plus.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You had a melt down and threatened to throw away your long time fandom and disappear forever if we drafted Baker...

DAMN THIS CLOSE!

haha just playing, but I don’t like Pat..I just don’t see what’s so great about him besides his athletic ability.

It was very close!

Pat will show you what’s so great about him in a few months, like TS said do you think Andy Reid puts a expected Super Bowl contender on his shoulders with no other option if there isn’t something there?  He didn’t have to walk away from A Smith just yet he could have kept him around to be the back up to Mahomes in case he crashed, and burned, but Reid sees what I see a star ready to shine.

Archived