That buzz you hear is all about Darnold

jetrider

58 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Jets Fans: Baker Mayfield shouldn't respond by stating a fact and then saying have a nice day when he's attacked.

Also Jets Fans: Jamal Adams is just being confident when he compares himself to Troy Polomolu and says he's going to revolutionize the position and all the other stuff he says is okay too STFU H8RZZZ

Are Jets fans saying that? Seems like the overwhelming majority of this board takes great pleasure in cutting down and criticizing Adams every time his name is mentioned.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Are Jets fans saying that? Seems like the overwhelming majority of this board takes great pleasure in cutting down and criticizing Adams every time his name is mentioned he opens his mouth and brags about something he hasn't yet accomplished or even come close to accomplishing.

^fix'd

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Jets Fans: Baker Mayfield shouldn't respond by stating a fact and then saying have a nice day when he's attacked.

Also Jets Fans: Jamal Adams is just being confident when he compares himself to Troy Polomolu and says he's going to revolutionize the position and all the other stuff he says is okay too STFU H8RZZZ

Hahahahahagahaha 

715F9EF1-351C-4FC8-9819-0DB0ABF76EA1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Hahahahahagahaha 

715F9EF1-351C-4FC8-9819-0DB0ABF76EA1.jpeg

^ Motivational chain-pulling storyline scripted for Hard Knocks

"Mayfield can easily win this job. It just might not be what the Browns want to happen quite yet." – Will Brinson 

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Mayfield is a very insecure guy. He openly admitted to logging the names of people who have criticized him on Twitter for future “revenge”(?). 

I’m not a fan of Jamal’s mouth but I honestly think that he supremely believes in himself. He also loves the Jets. 

Different personalities IMO. 

I've posted things on Mayfield out here but in no way do I think that he is a bad guy or that he was or is a "bad" pick.

I think that the interesting thing is that Darnold is the youngest guy coming out of this year's draft and is, according to reports, the best performing QB in shorts (which really means little), but Darnold also seems to be the guy quickest to be able to adapt to concepts presented to him on the chalk board and then execute those concepts to the field of play (which means a lot for a young player!) and that I find really really exciting as a Jets fan.

new york jets football GIF by NFL

Ahhhhhhh can I interest anyone in a light refreshing beverage ? in light of our new found good fortune...?

13 hours ago, jetrider said:

^ Motivational chain-pulling storyline scripted for Hard Knocks

Oh so now the browns are conspiring against Baker’s greatness. Because Baker panning our is against Hue and Todd’s best interest

12 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Mayfield is a very insecure guy. He openly admitted to logging the names of people who have criticized him on Twitter for future “revenge”(?). 

I’m not a fan of Jamal’s mouth but I honestly think that he supremely believes in himself. He also loves the Jets. 

The Leaf/Manziel is strong in him

14 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Nope.  He made that very clear, motivation 

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Your aware I presume that the Browns, not the Jets drafted Mayfield.  What's with the abnormal obsession, for a player on another team?  

Nothing, I’m just happy we ended up with Sam Darnold instead of Johnny Manziel 2.0

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Oh so now the browns are conspiring against Baker’s greatness. Because Baker panning our is against Hue and Todd’s best interest

No, because making him work extra hard to earn it is in everyone's best interest

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

They'll more then likely both be holding the clip board

It's actually interesting to think about.  It may be in both teams interest to have them both holding the clipboard, but I wonder if the NFL tries to pressure the teams into playing them?  Darnold vs. Mayfield brings in viewers on a Thursday night.  Jets vs. Browns, even the respective fan bases will have a hard time getting excited about this one.

I've been skeptical of Darnold, but even Im praying that this kid is legit. 
I hope he turns in a Dak Prescott-like performance in the preseason. Please just remove any doubt or fear any of us have. 
We just want to win...that's all. 
Well ..he did say that we Jets fams can 'expect wins' the day he was drafted ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

It's actually interesting to think about.  It may be in both teams interest to have them both holding the clipboard, but I wonder if the NFL tries to pressure the teams into playing them?  Darnold vs. Mayfield brings in viewers on a Thursday night.  Jets vs. Browns, even the respective fan bases will have a hard time getting excited about this one.

I agree with you.   The Jets may surrender to NFL pressure, but I don't think the Browns will.  The night of the draft the Browns said there was no QB competition, and Mayfield will not be a starter this year.

We'll see

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I agree with you.   The Jets may surrender to NFL pressure, but I don't think the Browns will.  The night of the draft the Browns said there was no QB competition, and Mayfield will not be a starter this year.

We'll see

Will make it a lot easier for the Jets if the Browns don't.  Darnold vs. Browns isn't all that billable either.  The two of them head to head is just about the only thing that could make this game exciting for a large audience.

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Will make it a lot easier for the Jets if the Browns don't.  Darnold vs. Browns isn't all that billable either.  The two of them head to head is just about the only thing that could make this game exciting for a large audience.

Darnold learns nothing on the bench. Maybe back when there were 2 a days and could get significantly more reps but not now.

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

We'll see

I don't know...the Browns are pretty persuasive liars.

3 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Well your right about that.  

Still I happened to go into the Cleveland papers out of curiosity, and unlike Darnold , Mayfield didn't get a single rep with the one's during mini camp.  The Brown's are still going with the "It's Taylor's team" line.  Seems like most of the fans, and the scribes are sitting good with it.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Well your right about that.  

Still I happened to go into the Cleveland papers out of curiosity, and unlike Darnold , Mayfield didn't get a single rep with the one's during mini camp.  The Brown's are still going with the "It's Taylor's team" line.  Seems like most of the fans, and the scribes are sitting good with it.

One would think that if he were showing tremendous talent, that would be out there by the media.  He seems to be the only QB of the five not getting any buzz.

Word was that the Browns felt that bringing a franchise out of the dumps was "too big for Sam" to handle.  Meanwhile, there are several offensive coaches at USC that can thank Sam for saving their jobs, and the season. Twice. 

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

One would think that if he were showing tremendous talent, that would be out there by the media.  He seems to be the only QB of the five not getting any buzz.

Word was that the Browns felt that bringing a franchise out of the dumps was "too big for Sam" to handle.  Meanwhile, there are several offensive coaches at USC that can thank Sam for saving their jobs, and the season. Twice. 

To tell you the truth I thought the Jets were going to get Mayfield, and I was good with it.   Two reasons......

I was sure Darnold was not going to make it to 3, so didn't really consider him that much.

The turnover ratio worried me.  Still does.

Since Darnold has been here he seems to have won everyone who has seen him  over, including the NYC hack scribes.  That's amazing.  I'm very happy the Jets got Darnold at this point.  Think between his demeanor, and physical talent, if he gets the turnovers under control has a chance to be elite.

Only downside is he'll probably save Bowles job also.  :) 

On 6/15/2018 at 8:46 AM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Every Jets fans loves to hear these reports, we Thank the FO's of Brown and Blue for this gift

even SOJF are letting a little hope back in their fandom

Nah sojf have still been debating me how much more talented the browns are like they did last year prior that monster breakout 0-16 year they had 

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Perhaps they changed their minds. 

Or they thought they could get baker and rb and that was better than Sam and top cb. 

They thought giants would take Sam.  I understand that rational. 

9 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

By what we've seen and heard so far about Darnold and Mayfield post draft, the Jets definitely got the right guy.  The Browns ineptitude is the gift that keeps on giving. 

I think they were hoping the giants took Sam so they could get stud rb.  Calculated gamble that didn’t work. 

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

To tell you the truth I thought the Jets were going to get Mayfield, and I was good with it.   Two reasons......

I was sure Darnold was not going to make it to 3, so didn't really consider him that much.

The turnover ratio worried me.  Still does.

Since Darnold has been here he seems to have won everyone who has seen him  over, including the NYC hack scribes.  That's amazing.  I'm very happy the Jets got Darnold at this point.  Think between his demeanor, and physical talent, if he gets the turnovers under control has a chance to be elite.

Only downside is he'll probably save Bowles job also.  :) 

We all have our preferences, Mayfield was the last QB I would have chosen,  I liked Rosen after Sam (I admit my opinion of Sam is colored by homerism, so doesn't count!), I did hear a lot of great stuff about Josh Allen a year before the draft, Jordan Palmer raved about his talent, which we heard via Jordan's FIL, who is part of our tailgate/season ticket group.

I hope Sam cleans up the fumble issues, but I think there will always be INT due to his gunslinger mentality. 

15 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Perhaps they changed their minds. 

Or they thought they could get baker and rb and that was better than Sam and top cb. 

They thought giants would take Sam.  I understand that rational. 

Of course they did.....their right to do so, it's not exactly as if they are this prized franchise that can afford to have any whispers of them going back on their word.  It's a two way street, come free agency time, it may cause a needed player to choose another franchise because they can't be trusted.

One thing you learn talking to NFL players is, they talk to each other, and they certainly discuss negatives about certain franchises.

9 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

We all have our preferences, Mayfield was the last QB I would have chosen,  I liked Rosen after Sam (I admit my opinion of Sam is colored by homerism, so doesn't count!), I did hear a lot of great stuff about Josh Allen a year before the draft, Jordan Palmer raved about his talent, which we heard via Jordan's FIL, who is part of our tailgate/season ticket group.

I hope Sam cleans up the fumble issues, but I think there will always be INT due to his gunslinger mentality. 

Allen is going to be a HUGE disappointment.  With rare exceptions, you can't fix inaccuracy.

Archived