New York Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles, 6.14

Maxman

On 6/18/2018 at 12:00 AM, GreenFish said:

Trying to figure out whether the hatred for Bowles is higher/(lower) than then hatred for Adams on this site. We have Jets fans who can’t wait for the team to lose so that their view of Bowles can come true. ? 

In other news, seems like people don’t want a defensive guy as a head coach. Logical conclusion. But then Dan Quinn gets brought up as the alternative to Bowles.

This is wrong on so many levels, it's hard to begin.  Quinn?  He's not an alternative.  He's HC of the Falcons and has been to a superbowl with them.  He WAS an alternative during the HC hiring process in which we wound up with Bowles, but then too he was on his way to the superbowl and Woody didn't feel like waiting.  Nobody 'hates' Adams.  They just criticize him that his mouth is incommensurate with his on-the-field play.  That's understandable.  Very few people enjoy a loud mouth jerk who doesn't live up to his self-prescribed hype.  We ALL hope that changes and are rooting for him to play better as a sophomore.  The criticism of Adams is legitimate.  Bowles...  well Bowles has already shown us what he brings and doesn't bring to the table.  Him, I can't stand as my team's HC.  So there you have it.  I think Bowles is a TERRIBLE HC, for a litany of reasons that I'm not going to repeat here.  Period.  Can't wait till he is replaced.  As a life-long ardent Jets fan and as a 30 year season ticket holder who is paying through the nose, I have the right to express this as often and as loudly as I want.  If you don't like it...  well too bad.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

This is wrong on so many levels, it's hard to begin.  Quinn?  He's not an alternative.  He's HC of the Falcons and has been to a superbowl with them.  He WAS an alternative during the HC hiring process in which we wound up with Bowles, but then too he was on his way to the superbowl and Woody didn't feel like waiting.  Nobody 'hates' Adams.  They just criticize him that his mouth is incommensurate with his on-the-field play.  That's understandable.  Very few people enjoy a loud mouth jerk who doesn't live up to his self-prescribed hype.  We ALL hope that changes and are rooting for him to play better as a sophomore.  The criticism of Adams is legitimate.  Bowles...  well Bowles has already shown us what he brings and doesn't bring to the table.  Him, I can't stand as my team's HC.  So there you have it.  I think Bowles is a TERRIBLE HC, for a litany of reasons that I'm not going to repeat here.  Period.  Can't wait till he is replaced.  As a life-long ardent Jets fan and as a 30 year season ticket holder who is paying through the nose, I have the right to express this as often and as loudly as I want.  If you don't like it...  well too bad.

I’m getting my threads confused. In the other Bowles thread, it was noted that Jets fans wanted Quinn at the time instead of Bowles. Throughout both threads there’s a general distaste for defensive coaches. So to clarify, Quinn was brought up as another option at the time we hired Bowles. Obviously he’s not an option now. Hopefully this makes sense to you.

The coaches that make their team better is rare. I believe most coaches are a product of the talent on their team. Atlanta has Matt Ryan as well as one of the most stacked teams in the NFL. Hard to compare Quinn versus Bowles when they are in different situations. Quinn is no better or worse than the majority of coaches.

Your opinion on how Jets fans view Adams is an opinion. Same with mine. Not sure you can say an opinion is wrong.

Never said you can’t voice your opinion. This is a Jets forum. I think that is mostly what we are all doing. No?

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The coaches that make their team better is rare. Probably only a handful. Atlanta has Matt Ryan as well as one of the most stacked teams in the NFL. Hard to compare Quinn versus Bowles when they are in different situations. Quinn is no better or worse than the majority of coaches.

The two years before Quinn got to Atlanta, that stacked team went 4-12 and 6-10.  Matt Ryan played all 32 games.  

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The two years before Quinn got to Atlanta, that stacked team went 4-12 and 6-10.  Matt Ryan played all 32 games.  

That’s a fair point. Atlanta had two down years before he got there. And they had good offensive personnel then. The defense is complete different though. Only their two corners remain from that time. Neal, Allen, Jones, Jarrett, Beasley are all 2nd and 3rd year players. Maybe he can get credit for how good they’ve drafted on the defensive side.

But Atlanta doesn’t seem like a team that is outperforming its personnel. They have talent on both sides all around.

But the point I was making with Quinn is you can’t say stop hiring defensive coaches and then suggest Quinn should have been the hire. 

32 minutes ago, peebag said:

pig.

ripe.

slaughter.

I don’t have a love fest for Bowles and he’s made his share of mistakes as all coaches do but in all fairness he hasn’t had much to work with and is in a somewhat rebuild phase of the team. He’s got a lot more tools to work with this year, a decent secondary, good front D-line, decent RB’s, LB’s, we’ll see, QB’s, improved, O-line, meh, and I believe a good WR core. This should be a turn around year and I expect at least a wildcard to the playoffs.

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I’m getting my threads confused. In the other Bowles thread, it was noted that Jets fans wanted Quinn at the time instead of Bowles. Throughout both threads there’s a general distaste for defensive coaches. So to clarify, Quinn was brought up as another option at the time we hired Bowles. Obviously he’s not an option now. Hopefully this makes sense to you.

The coaches that make their team better is rare. I believe most coaches are a product of the talent on their team. Atlanta has Matt Ryan as well as one of the most stacked teams in the NFL. Hard to compare Quinn versus Bowles when they are in different situations. Quinn is no better or worse than the majority of coaches.

Your opinion on how Jets fans view Adams is an opinion. Same with mine. Not sure you can say an opinion is wrong.

Never said you can’t voice your opinion. This is a Jets forum. I think that is mostly what we are all doing. No?

I did not read the other thread. 

On 6/16/2018 at 2:52 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

I think he will be ok. Bowles wants to really dumb down the offense and call more run conservative passing imo. So Bates won’t be asked to draw up exotic plays. Maybe is good for a rookie though.  Bowles is a lot like rex in a way ( shocker another D guru who prob shouldn’t have been a HC) . Ground and pound, control the clock. McCown has been helping darnold a lot. I think it’s easier to learn from a fellow than a qb coach. We also have a “run game coordinator “ to help Bates. So Technically he is probably going to the main coordinator for obvious reasons, not Bates ?

Sad part about this is Bowles defense sucks in most games. Therefore, ground and pound will only keep us behind in games longer more often. 5-11 here we come! ?

42 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sad part about this is Bowles defense sucks in most games. Therefore, ground and pound will only keep us behind in games longer more often. 5-11 here we come! ?

Don't know an NFL coach down 2 scores late in the 4th quarter around midffield does not go for it on 4th down. Bowles did that twice last season. That's somewhere between cowardly and pathetic. 

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Don't know an NFL coach down 2 scores late in the 4th quarter around midffield does not go for it on 4th down. Bowles did that twice last season. That's somewhere between cowardly and pathetic. 

Yes true....he started going for it after weeks of ridicule from fans and media alike from about weeks 1-5. He punts on 4th and short with 1:24 left down by 4 week 1 in Buffalo etc. Even with no timeouts left. ?

15 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yes true....he started going for it after weeks of ridicule from fans and media alike from about weeks 1-5. He punts on 4th and short with 1:24 left down by 4 week 1 in Buffalo etc. Even with no timeouts left. ?

If he keeps doing this type of crap in his 4th season, it's time to move on.

Archived