Lebron rumors

nycdan

So there is a rumor floating now that in order to get LeBron, the Lakers might have to work out a sign-and-trade with CLE (or they can't afford the cap #).   In order to do it, Lonzo Ball's name has been mentioned.  I thought Lonzo was a good kid despite his unfortunate parentage, but now I'm not so sure.  Imagine the Ball family's dreams being crushed if LeBron goes to the Lakers, and maybe hooks up with Kawhi Leonard there along with Couzma, while Lonzo simultaneously goes to an empty CLE team only to watch the Lakers start winning big without him.

It feels almost too perfect to happen, but then again, we got Darnold so who knows in this crazy year :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, HessStation said:

My only real interest in the NBA is rooting against Lebron and Lonzo so it’d be great if Lebron went there for me.

Lmaoooo ??????

I don't follow basketball closely enough but my understanding was that Lebron was looking to go to LA with Paul George and potentially encourage a Lakers trade for Khawi Leonard of the Spurs.  But now there will be no Paul George because he's staying in OKC?

If Lebron really wants to win in the West he's not going to LA without at least two other Tier 1 guys.  But if Lebron simply wants to relocate because his kids are growing up in LA he may just got there anyway.

21 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't follow basketball closely enough but my understanding was that Lebron was looking to go to LA with Paul George and potentially encourage a Lakers trade for Khawi Leonard of the Spurs.  But now there will be no Paul George because he's staying in OKC?

If Lebron really wants to win in the West he's not going to LA without at least two other Tier 1 guys.  But if Lebron simply wants to relocate because his kids are growing up in LA he may just got there anyway.

He's not taking J.R. Smith? 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

When the going gets tough, LeBron gets going! 

He would have wasted away there.  I have no problem with him leaving (again!).  Who were the Cavs going to surround him with?  They couldn't even keep Kyrie and you see all these other teams adding superstars to already loaded teams.  Cleveland should thank Lebron for staying this long after he came back.  They try to lay a guild trip on him yet they can't floor a team any better than Lebron + 4 random guys.

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He would have wasted away there.  I have no problem with him leaving (again!).  Who were the Cavs going to surround him with?  They couldn't even keep Kyrie and you see all these other teams adding superstars to already loaded teams.  Cleveland should thank Lebron for staying this long after he came back.  They try to lay a guild trip on him yet they can't floor a team any better than Lebron + 4 random guys. 

LeBron is the GM. 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wait, what?  You're kidding right?  LeBron waited till Miami was done and Cleveland was starting to build talent before he went back to Clev.  Kyrie +#1 overall pick +max salary ability.  He built that team in Clev.  He has nobody to blame but himself.  He traded Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love.  He ran out Kyrie Irving.  He wanted Korver.  He demanded JR Smith.  He cut his best friend, Wade.  LeBron was the GM of that team.  He structured that roster. 

LeBron left the team he destroyed and has only himself to thank.  Sure, he got that city the title they've wanted for years but he tore the entire franchise down in the process.  Maybe a give and take someone people can be happy with but to play the victim card for LeBron, is about as miscalculated of a take I've ever seen, no offense. 

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wait, what?  You're kidding right?  LeBron waited till Miami was done and Cleveland was starting to build talent before he went back to Clev.  Kyrie +#1 overall pick +max salary ability.  He built that team in Clev.  He has nobody to blame but himself.  He traded Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love.  He ran out Kyrie Irving.  He wanted Korver.  He demanded JR Smith.  He cut his best friend, Wade.  LeBron was the GM of that team.  He structured that roster. 

LeBron left the team he destroyed and has only himself to thank.  Sure, he got that city the title they've wanted for years but he tore the entire franchise down in the process.  Maybe a give and take someone people can be happy with but to play the victim card for LeBron, is about as miscalculated of a take I've ever seen, no offense. 

No offense taken.  I'm not particularly a fan of Lebron and I'm in no way saying he's a victim.  And yes, he wields more front office power than any player in the history of the sport, but tell me why he should stay in Cleveland?  I don't think he owes them anything.  Convincing teams to go "all in" in the short term when he joins is what he does because he's not a "win now" guy....he's a "win always" guy IMO.  I didn't like his series of 1-year deals in Cleveland but he obviously had reservations about the ability of Cleveland to attract talent and free agents.  The idea that he is somehow screwing over Cleveland, then Miami and now Cleveland again is ridiculous.  They could say no thanks to his "my way or the highway" approach to forcing his beliefs on the FO if they don't want to pursue some short-term championships at the expense of longer term team-building.  Heck, look at the Brady/Belichick/Kraft situation....does anyone think trading Garrapolo was Belichick's idea?

I'm just stating my opinion that Lebron has done more for those cities (Cleveland and Miami) than they've done for him.  There was no reason for him to go back to Cleveland again after Miami.   But he went there to try to win a championship for that city.  I just don't completely buy your line of "when the going gets tough Lebron gets going."  You think it will be easier for him in the Western Conference now on a young Lakers team that has only a couple of promising young talents?  I know he's trying to pull people there with him, engineer a Kawhi trade, etc. but it's not like he just jumped to one of the top 3 teams in the NBA like Durant did. Again, just my opinions....we're talking about a guy neither of us care for who plays in cities we don't live in and plays a sport that we don't really discuss around here. lol

The guy carried the team on his back all year just to get to the finals I think he has gotten a bad rap his whole career with less support on his teams than other great players have had doing it all going to LA does not guarantee  a championship by no means West we know is loaded

53 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No offense taken.  I'm not particularly a fan of Lebron and I'm in no way saying he's a victim.  And yes, he wields more front office power than any player in the history of the sport, but tell me why he should stay in Cleveland?  I don't think he owes them anything.  Convincing teams to go "all in" in the short term when he joins is what he does because he's not a "win now" guy....he's a "win always" guy IMO.  I didn't like his series of 1-year deals in Cleveland but he obviously had reservations about the ability of Cleveland to attract talent and free agents.  The idea that he is somehow screwing over Cleveland, then Miami and now Cleveland again is ridiculous.  They could say no thanks to his "my way or the highway" approach to forcing his beliefs on the FO if they don't want to pursue some short-term championships at the expense of longer term team-building.  Heck, look at the Brady/Belichick/Kraft situation....does anyone think trading Garrapolo was Belichick's idea?

I'm just stating my opinion that Lebron has done more for those cities (Cleveland and Miami) than they've done for him.  There was no reason for him to go back to Cleveland again after Miami.   But he went there to try to win a championship for that city.  I just don't completely buy your line of "when the going gets tough Lebron gets going."  You think it will be easier for him in the Western Conference now on a young Lakers team that has only a couple of promising young talents?  I know he's trying to pull people there with him, engineer a Kawhi trade, etc. but it's not like he just jumped to one of the top 3 teams in the NBA like Durant did. Again, just my opinions....we're talking about a guy neither of us care for who plays in cities we don't live in and plays a sport that we don't really discuss around here. lol

You know what, you're right.  I dont think that was the appropriate saying for this situation.  He's not improving his situation by going to L.A. in terms of winning (unless they're pulling off that that trade for Kawhi).  That was my LeBron hate coming out.  And he doesnt owe anyone anything.  Dude is one of the greatest of all time and despite my disdain for his basketball player personality, he's a true role model in a world desperate for them off the court. 

I dont want to rehash his "decision" but what's really ironic about him going to LA is right after it happened, I was at a sales convention in LA and Magic was the guest motivational speaker, and our Clev office asked him what they thought about the situation and he slammed Bron hard.  Not just the dramatics, the actual decision/impact, compared him to other legends, etc...it was great.

I do think there was reason to go back to Clev. as mentioned before but I digress.

I honestly dont think this move is about ball at all.  Sure, the confidence in Magic and LA to attract talent is a portion and if he can great but does even landing Kawhi make you better than Houston and the Warriors?   Meh, IDK about that.  I think this move is all about life after basketball.  Get out of the mid-west and into a city where he can rub elbows with the people that can help him push his life after basketball platform....does he go Hollywood, politics, etc.  Or the business side and learn from Magic?  LeBron is a smart dude, I think this was the plan all along. 

Anywho, good chat.  haha  

50 minutes ago, faba said:

The guy carried the team on his back all year just to get to the finals I think he has gotten a bad rap his whole career with less support on his teams than other great players have had doing it all going to LA does not guarantee  a championship by no means West we know is loaded

Meh, he won a Championship with Kyrie and Love in Clev.  And Wade and Bosh in Miami.  With some solid role players on both squads.  Sure, he's carried some bad teams (this particular one his fault) but he doesnt have rings without those dudes next to him.  

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

You know what, you're right.  I dont think that was the appropriate saying for this situation.  He's not improving his situation by going to L.A. in terms of winning (unless they're pulling off that that trade for Kawhi).  That was my LeBron hate coming out.  And he doesnt owe anyone anything.  Dude is one of the greatest of all time and despite my disdain for his basketball player personality, he's a true role model in a world desperate for them off the court. 

I dont want to rehash his "decision" but what's really ironic about him going to LA is right after it happened, I was at a sales convention in LA and Magic was the guest motivational speaker, and our Clev office asked him what they thought about the situation and he slammed Bron hard.  Not just the dramatics, the actual decision/impact, compared him to other legends, etc...it was great.

I do think there was reason to go back to Clev. as mentioned before but I digress.

I honestly dont think this move is about ball at all.  Sure, the confidence in Magic and LA to attract talent is a portion and if he can great but does even landing Kawhi make you better than Houston and the Warriors?   Meh, IDK about that.  I think this move is all about life after basketball.  Get out of the mid-west and into a city where he can rub elbows with the people that can help him push his life after basketball platform....does he go Hollywood, politics, etc.  Or the business side and learn from Magic?  LeBron is a smart dude, I think this was the plan all along. 

Anywho, good chat.  haha  

Ha!  Who else do we not really care about but should spend time discussing at length?  :P 

Archived