Lebron rumors

nycdan

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or when LeBron makes excuses for himself like a b*tch.  Remember when he had the audacity to say "I don't think I've ever been part of a superteam"?  Wade and Bosh should have taken turns slugging him in the face for that. 

I especially liked "We're in the NBA Finals. How much more picking up of my teammates do you want me to do?" after game 1.

Far cry from "That’s why we’re going to another Finals, because of my teammates" from just one game earlier.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I especially liked "We're in the NBA Finals. How much more picking up of my teammates do you want me to do?" after game 1.

Far cry from "That’s why we’re going to another Finals, because of my teammates" from just one game earlier.

Poor LeBron.  Always victimized by the teammates he picks to play with him. 

I'm sure things will work out great this year with Rondo and Lance Stephenson. 

On 7/2/2018 at 8:39 AM, Matt39 said:

"exciting"

I stopped watching the Knicks after Ewing, Oakley, Rivers etc era. They have not been relevant since. They need to think out the box and hire Theo Epstein as GM. Make him an offer he can’t refuse.  

On 7/3/2018 at 1:15 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

That being said I do put LeBron over Kobe and Duncan. 

1.  Michael

2.  LeBron

3.  Magic

4.  Bird

5.  Wilt

6.  Kobe

7.  Kareem

8.  Duncan

9.  Oscar

10.  Bill Russell

Any "best of" list that doesn't have Wilt either one or two is not worthy.....

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/wilt-chamberlain-top-5-incredible-stats-022812

21 minutes ago, peebag said:

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/wilt-chamberlain-top-5-incredible-stats-022812

Nah, I think where I put him is fair.  Incredibly impressive numbers, sure.  But if he was better than Bird and Magic, he wouldn't have won just 2 titles and had 2 different franchises trade him away for basically garbage. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nah, I think where I put him is fair.  Incredibly impressive numbers, sure.  But if he was better than Bird and Magic, he wouldn't have won just 2 titles and had 2 different franchises trade him away for basically garbage. 

I wouldn't say that about his trade to the Lakers. Wilt had all the leverage because he demanded the Sixers trade him to LA and if they didn't he threatened to bolt to the ABA. Ramsay has always said he never would have traded Wilt otherwise and even would have let him be a player/coach.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

I don't think you can put Wilt top 3 anymore since Lebron. Jordan and Russell have to be in there which means Wilt gets knocked down a spot or two. The problem with bringing Wilt's scoring numbers into the debate, given when he played, is that the league didn't start tracking blocks and distinguishing between offensive and defensive rebounds until after Russell's career was done, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to stack Russell up against Wilt without using anecdotal evidence from everyone that played with him and the preposterous number of titles.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, Philc1 said:

Lebron is better than Jordan.  If he wins 1-2 more rings it won’t even be a discussion 

It's not a discussion now, maybe if he had won his 3 rings w/o ever leaving Cleveland it might be a discussion now but he couldn't do it w/o forming superteams and even w/ the superteams barely won each time. 2 of his 3 titles he doesn't win w/o incredible shots from Allen and irving.

He's in the discussion for best of his era and maybe he is but that would be a good discussion.  he's not in the discussion for best of all time and never truly will be b/c he couldn't do it on his own, he had to join forces w/ other great players to win and still hasn't won enough unless winning the east every year impresses you which it shouldn't b/c the east has been terrible.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:03 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think you can put Wilt top 3 anymore since Lebron. Jordan and Russell have to be in there which means Wilt gets knocked down a spot or two. The problem with bringing Wilt's scoring numbers into the debate, given when he played, is that the league didn't start tracking blocks and distinguishing between offensive and defensive rebounds until after Russell's career was done, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to stack Russell up against Wilt without using anecdotal evidence from everyone that played with him and the preposterous number of titles.

Even though Russell had 11 rings I just can't put him top 5.  Especially because as part of that Celtic dynasty, Sam Jones had 10 titles, Havlicek, Tom Heinsohn, Tom Sanders and K.C. Jones each has 8, Frank Ramsey and Jim Loscutoff have 7, Cousy has 6, etc.  And Havlicek won 2 without Russell. 

I'd probably take KD over LeBron, to be honest.  Both won championships the same way but I'd prefer to have KD's killer mentality at 7 feet over LeBron's pusswah ways.  Give me the guy who's coming down the court thinking about how he's going to put the nail in the coffin over the guy thinking about how he can create space for a drive and dish to Kyle Korver, all day, any day.

Plus, I dont know how LeBron can be in the debate when he legit, doesnt give any effort on D whatsoever unless he's trying to hawk you down for a block on a breakaway.  KD wanted LeBron.  LeBron, wanted nothing to do with KD. 

On 7/10/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Or when LeBron makes excuses for himself like a b*tch.  Remember when he had the audacity to say "I don't think I've ever been part of a superteam"?  Wade and Bosh should have taken turns slugging him in the face for that. 

Ummmm, Ray Allen should be slapping them all with his dick.  Without the clutch silkiness of Ray Allen, that super team who wasnt going to win 1 championship but 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7....actually would have only won exactly, 1 championship.  When LeBron choked on a wide open look to tie the game, it was the lucky bounce and incredible shooting of Ray Allen that made #2 possible.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even though Russell had 11 rings I just can't put him top 5.  Especially because as part of that Celtic dynasty, Sam Jones had 10 titles, Havlicek, Tom Heinsohn, Tom Sanders and K.C. Jones each has 8, Frank Ramsey and Jim Loscutoff have 7, Cousy has 6, etc.  And Havlicek won 2 without Russell. 

Havlicek is one of the greatest of all time too.

9 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's not a discussion now, maybe if he had won his 3 rings w/o ever leaving Cleveland it might be a discussion now but he couldn't do it w/o forming superteams and even w/ the superteams barely won each time. 2 of his 3 titles he doesn't win w/o incredible shots from Allen and irving.

He's in the discussion for best of his era and maybe he is but that would be a good discussion.  he's not in the discussion for best of all time and never truly will be b/c he couldn't do it on his own, he had to join forces w/ other great players to win and still hasn't won enough unless winning the east every year impresses you which it shouldn't b/c the east has been terrible.

No one does it on his own.  Jordan had Pippen, Grant, Rodman and the refs

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No one does it on his own.  Jordan had Pippen, Grant, Rodman and the refs

Of course but Michael wouldn't have joined forces with magic or bird, he wanted to beat them. LeBron wanted the easy way to a title.

12 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Of course but Michael wouldn't have joined forces with magic or bird, he wanted to beat them. LeBron wanted the easy way to a title.

He didn’t have to Jordan was already on a great team that won 55 games and almost beat the Knicks without him

How many games is Cleveland winning next season? 20?

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He didn’t have to Jordan was already on a great team that won 55 games and almost beat the Knicks without him

How many games is Cleveland winning next season? 20?

Cleveland dismantled the team when LeBron left the first time and will dismantle last year's team.  How about Miami who has made it as far without LeBron as Chicago made it without Michael.

Pippen played many years in his prime without Michael. How many titles did he win without him? Wade won a title without LeBron.

Archived