Lebron rumors

nycdan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

No offense taken.  I'm not particularly a fan of Lebron and I'm in no way saying he's a victim.  And yes, he wields more front office power than any player in the history of the sport, but tell me why he should stay in Cleveland?  I don't think he owes them anything.  Convincing teams to go "all in" in the short term when he joins is what he does because he's not a "win now" guy....he's a "win always" guy IMO.  I didn't like his series of 1-year deals in Cleveland but he obviously had reservations about the ability of Cleveland to attract talent and free agents.  The idea that he is somehow screwing over Cleveland, then Miami and now Cleveland again is ridiculous.  They could say no thanks to his "my way or the highway" approach to forcing his beliefs on the FO if they don't want to pursue some short-term championships at the expense of longer term team-building.  Heck, look at the Brady/Belichick/Kraft situation....does anyone think trading Garrapolo was Belichick's idea?

I'm just stating my opinion that Lebron has done more for those cities (Cleveland and Miami) than they've done for him.  There was no reason for him to go back to Cleveland again after Miami.   But he went there to try to win a championship for that city.  I just don't completely buy your line of "when the going gets tough Lebron gets going."  You think it will be easier for him in the Western Conference now on a young Lakers team that has only a couple of promising young talents?  I know he's trying to pull people there with him, engineer a Kawhi trade, etc. but it's not like he just jumped to one of the top 3 teams in the NBA like Durant did. Again, just my opinions....we're talking about a guy neither of us care for who plays in cities we don't live in and plays a sport that we don't really discuss around here. lol

Ahh the joys of JI/JN during the July NFL lull, haha. I’ve seen worse though over the years!

In full seriousness though, I cannot wait till the very first sense of adversity when Lebron gets to play the the victim card. Oh wait, Boogie is on the Warriors and now it’s 5 all stars on one team? Poor Lebron, he never had that.

The part a lot of people miss is that Lebron can’t attract all kinds of players. The Spurs and the Warriors can. Lebron basically has been playing GM for the past decade and not only can’t he attract these super teams without specifically creating them himself, but instead he runs people away. Did it in Miami, did it in Cleveland. He wants to be superstar, the super-villain, and the super victim all at once.

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ahh the joys of JI/JN during the July NFL lull, haha. I’ve seen worse though over the years!

In full seriousness though, I cannot wait till the very first sense of adversity when Lebron gets to play the the victim card. Oh wait, Boogie is on the Warriors and now it’s 5 all stars on one team? Poor Lebron, he never had that.

The part a lot of people miss is that Lebron can’t attract all kinds of players. The Spurs and the Warriors can. Lebron basically has been playing GM for the past decade and not only can’t he attract these super teams without specifically creating them himself, but instead he runs people away. Did it in Miami, did it in Cleveland. He wants to be superstar, the super-villain, and the super victim all at once.

He’s basically had a top 5-8 player (Wade/Irving) by his side along with an additional All Star (Bosh/Love) his entire prime (besides this year, in which he only made the finals by beating nobodies in the East) and has 3 rings to show. He’s not the GOAT. He’s just the greatest player of HIS time and that window is closing. 

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He’s basically had a top 5-8 player (Wade/Irving) by his side along with an additional All Star (Bosh/Love) his entire prime (besides this year, in which he only made the finals by beating nobodies in the East) and has 3 rings to show. He’s not the GOAT. He’s just the greatest player of HIS time and that window is closing. 

tenor.gif

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'm not even sure he's the greatest of his time.  Kobe or Duncan certainly are in the discussion unless they don't count anymore since they have been retired a few years.

32 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm not even sure he's the greatest of his time.  Kobe or Duncan certainly are in the discussion unless they don't count anymore since they have been retired a few years.

Yeah I’m not putting either of those players in the same “time frame” but if I did...it would be close imo. Id probably put both before him, and I hated Kobe more than Lebron. Lebron is unequivocally an all time great...but not in the GOAT discussion. Jmo.

He’s only in that discussion for the people who use the ridiculous logic that whoever the modern athlete will always be better than whatever athlete in the past, bc science a la athletes are just so much better NOW etc. which I personally think is nonsensical and sh*t fuzzy logic.

that type of thinking will alway make whoever the best player is today the best player ever. Stupid. 

35 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yeah I’m not putting either of those players in the same “time frame” but if I did...it would be close imo. Id probably put both before him, and I hated Kobe more than Lebron. Lebron is unequivocally an all time great...but not in the GOAT discussion. Jmo.

He’s only in that discussion for the people who use the ridiculous logic that whoever the modern athlete will always be better than whatever athlete in the past, bc science a la athletes are just so much better NOW etc. which I personally think is nonsensical and sh*t fuzzy logic. 

that type of thinking will alway make whoever the best player is today the best player ever. Stupid. 

I hate LeBron, but he's a basketball specimen unlike any we've ever seen from a physical/skills standpoint.  He can rebound like a 7-3 dude and pass like the game's best PG's. 

But where he falls short of Michael is the idea of GREATNESS, which set Michael apart.  The rings, of course.  But also the ability to just mentally take over a game almost before it even began.  The presence he had on the court.  The level of competitiveness that was unmatched.  It was unprecedented.

This sounds like I'm talking "intangibles", but its not.  These things directly led to wins.  And LeBron just doesn't have what Michael had. 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That being said I do put LeBron over Kobe and Duncan. 

1.  Michael

2.  LeBron

3.  Magic

4.  Bird

5.  Wilt

6.  Kobe

7.  Kareem

8.  Duncan

9.  Oscar

10.  Bill Russell

It’s hard to rank after 1. The next 9 are probably right though I don’t know the order. But Jordan is the definitive #1 for me and it’s not close. He singlehandedly kept Ewing, Malone, and Barkley off the list...just off the top of my head. And as far as single greatest NBA freak of nature it’s probsbly Shawn Kemp who Jordan also disposed of along w Gary Payton, one of the best point guards all time.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That being said I do put LeBron over Kobe and Duncan. 

1.  Michael

2.  LeBron

3.  Magic

4.  Bird

5.  Wilt

6.  Kobe

7.  Kareem

8.  Duncan

9.  Oscar

10.  Bill Russell

No Jerry West ?

Lebron’s biggest problem is that nobody tells him “no,” and he keeps bringing in uncoachable dopes to surround himself with who end up being chickensh*t dumbasses whenever there’s an ounce of pressure placed upon them. Jordan had Phil and Jerry Krause building rosters of smart, veteran players around him like Steve Kerr and Bill Cartwright. If you let Jordan make personnel decisions, there’s no way he wins six rings,

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lebron’s. Invest problem is that nobody tells him “no,” and he keeps bringing in uncoachable dopes to surround himself with who end up being chickensh*t dumbasses whenever there’s an ounce of pressure placed upon them. Jordan had Phil and Jerry Krause building rosters of smart, veteran players around him like Steve Kerr and Bill Cartwright. If you let Jordan make personnel decisions, there’s no way he wins six rings,

Jordan’s making personnel decisions now and hes terrible at it.

And Kobe over Lebron isn’t even remotely funny. 

Lebron is the greatest individual player that’s ever played, and the Lakers will be in the WCF next season because he’s there, but his desire to play God is what’s held back his career(if you can even say that). He probably should have stayed with Riley in Miami.

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Lebron is the greatest individual player that’s ever played, and the Lakers will be in the WCF next season because he’s there, but his desire to play God is what’s held back his career(if you can even say that). He probably should have stayed with Riley in Miami.

Miami was done by the time Lebron left there in 2014.  I agree Lebron's a terrible GM going after Kevin Love the way he did just goes to show that among other bad moves

Lakers will make WCF if they can avoid the Warriors first two rounds

On 7/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, T0mShane said:

Lebron’s. Invest problem is that nobody tells him “no,” and he keeps bringing in uncoachable dopes to surround himself with who end up being chickensh*t dumbasses whenever there’s an ounce of pressure placed upon them. Jordan had Phil and Jerry Krause building rosters of smart, veteran players around him like Steve Kerr and Bill Cartwright. If you let Jordan make personnel decisions, there’s no way he wins six rings,

LOL 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

You said Jordan won 6 rings bc of Jerry Krause and Phil Jackson while trying to sound super objective and unbiased 

Being in a structured organization certainly  didn’t hurt. Lebron had it in Miami and couldnt handle it.

On 7/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, Matt39 said:

????

He's couldn't win without forming superteams.  He's not a competitor, he wants the easy way out.  He's not close to Michael and yes I'd take Kobe over him.  Would Kobe pass that ball on the last possession in regulation when he had Steph curry on him? Would Kobe quit in OT and the rest of the series?   LeBron isn't on their level, he's more interested in off the court stuff like making up racist graffiti stories to pretend like that makes him an "activist".  He's a fraud who plays the game like a whiny soccer player with all his flops despite being bigger and stronger than 90% of the league.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

????

He's couldn't win without forming superteams.  He's not a competitor, he wants the easy way out.  He's not close to Michael and yes I'd take Kobe over him.  Would Kobe pass that ball on the last possession in regulation when he had Steph curry on him? Would Kobe quit in OT and the rest of the series?   LeBron isn't on their level, he's more interested in off the court stuff like making up racist graffiti stories to pretend like that makes him an "activist".  He's a fraud who plays the game like a whiny soccer player with all his flops despite being bigger and stronger than 90% of the league.

14 hours ago, HessStation said:

You said Jordan won 6 rings bc of Jerry Krause and Phil Jackson while trying to sound super objective and unbiased 

Poppycock. I said Lebron having the ability to pick his own teammates has hurt him and it would have hurt Jordan, too

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Lebron is better than Jordan.  If he wins 1-2 more rings it won’t even be a discussion 

Nobody is wrong for having their own opinion but you’re in the minority... although the Lebron **** boys are the louder younger crowd.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:40 PM, T0mShane said:

Poppycock. I said Lebron having the ability to pick his own teammates has hurt him and it would have hurt Jordan, too

Look at it his from his point of view. Lebron had a long stage of his career where he let some doofus pick his teammates and it cost him years. Since he took the reigns he literally has not missed a Finals and won 3 of them. I get what you're saying, but handing over that duty to someone else is a lot easier said than done. Particularly for a guy that had to deal with years of Danny Ferry acquiring crappy teammates that banged his mom.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Look at it his from his point of view. Lebron had a long stage of his career where he let some doofus pick his teammates and it cost him years. Since he took the reigns he literally has not missed a Finals and won 3 of them. I get what you're saying, but handing over that duty to someone else is a lot easier said than done. Particularly for a guy that had to deal with years of Danny Ferry acquiring crappy teammates that banged his mom.

Actually, it’s more like, Jordan is just better. 

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

This gif should be posted every time a Lebron buttboy makss another excuse for him.

Or when LeBron makes excuses for himself like a b*tch.  Remember when he had the audacity to say "I don't think I've ever been part of a superteam"?  Wade and Bosh should have taken turns slugging him in the face for that. 

Archived