Jamal Adams following NFL lessons his father taught him

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why can't we joke about the guy?  I have Pats fan friends (gross, I know) they make fun of Brady at Carnivale and Welker at the Derby.  Doesn't mean they think they suck or don't want them on the team.  Don't you make fun of your friends and teammates when they say and do stupid sh*t?  Is there a world where even your best friend doesn't bust your balls for calling yourself #president on twitter?

he’s actually being regarded as a bust by guys here after his rookie season despite no evidence correlating to such claims lol...that’s what I’m trying to get at.

Joking is fine. We all do it on here. I’m saying the things he’s being mocked for doesn’t even make sense to be used as ammo.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has shown the ability to play coervage well. He has also gotten burned. As I previously said before , I do not expect his weaker skill set to be molded after his rookie season. That is where the part about killing him before he even gets chance to do put his money where his mouth, comes from.

He is a foundational piece. He does have very solid run support numbers, he’s a leader on the team, he CAN play coverage and his eyes are getting better.

Adams will be a very solid player. Will he justify the #6 pick? Probably not. He is a foundational piece to the puzzle though. 

The only way you can argue he is foundational is by mentioning that we don't have any elite players surrounding him.  So yeah, maybe he's foundational by default.  But on 25+ teams in the NFL he would not be. 

And "his eyes are getting better"?  lol.  Come on.  Among the things that are possible to fix for him, which are few, sure, he'll get better.  But being mostly unathletic will never change, which means he'll never, ever be an elite player in this league.  And when you're picking 6th, you want to take guys that could potentially be elite, or at least very good at premium positions.  Adams is neither. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

he’s actually being regarded as a bust by guys here after his rookie season despite no evidence correlating to such claims lol...that’s what I’m trying to get at.

Joking is fine. We all do it on here. I’m saying the things he’s being mocked for doesn’t even make sense to be used as ammo.

Find me the bust post.  I see people trying to say he was a good pick because he is better than Gholston. The hyperbole doesn't really help either side, though some is funny.  

To me, the main reason to support the pick is the way Pryor fell off the face of the earth.  That kid was a box safety and seemed to have a very good year in 2015.  Seems obvious now that he had character concerns and replacing him with a guy like Adams seems more rational when you see how Pryor worked his way out of the league in 3 easy steps.  Still would have made more sense to replace him with a Dawan Landry or Yeremiah Bell type IMO.  The safety market appears to be in the toilet.  Being set there does not seem very important when starting level players are on the street in mid-June. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

You don't pick Adams over a QB to stop the run, you pick him because presumably he would be a disruptive force vs. the pass, get turnovers and be able to cover primo TEs. He may very well be a servicable safety, but that's not a good reason to have picked any safety so high over positions of need like QB or edge. 

Who would you rather have, Deshaun Watson or Sam Darnold? Feel free to factor in the picks we traded to move up.

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A safety taken at 6 being "good" does not make it a smart pick.  Good is not good enough.  I'd rather have a slightly above average corner at 6 than a "good" or even "very good" safety. 

Those who continue to defend the pick simply aren't displaying any understanding of player value. 

I hated the pick. Didn’t want a safety. But I like Jamal Adams as a player. He’s going to be really good. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not his fault he's asked to do 100 different things.  It's also not his fault we drafted him so high onto a team that didn't need to be making luxury picks.  But we need him to do one thing well:  Cover.  He's not good at that.  Period. 

Maybe one day he will be, but when you're picked as high as that, you'd better at least be able to cover TE's.  He doesn't need to be Sean Taylor, but he can't be bad at the one thing he needs to be good at. 

God forbid you expect a safety who’s a top 10 pick to be able cover. What do fans think this guy is, a safety?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Who would you rather have, Deshaun Watson or Sam Darnold? Feel free to factor in the picks we traded to move up.

I'd rather have Darnold. But you make it sound like that was a choice when they picked Adams and it wasn't. And that doesn't make the Adams pick look any better. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2018 at 3:24 AM, King P said:

Jets fans hate any player with a semblance of personality, so the comments here don't surprise me.

******* weirdos

Is it possible that "personality" and telling people repeatedly how great you are, aren't the same thing?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why are people so defensive about Jamal Adams jokes?  Makes no sense.

It’s the Kool-Aid syndrome, because he was picked so high, he has to be good.  In many fans eyes Mac can do no wrong. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

BTW, PFF graded him better than those guys, but worse than Budda Baker, Marcus Williams, Josh Johnson.  Worse than mid-pack starter (34th overall) and 4th best rookie safety is always a goal when picking at 6.  Oh, sorry, I'm not supposed to mention his draft position.  As I understand it, I am supposed to compare him to guys I think suck and feel blessed.

Ignore.

PFF only matters when it supports my argument.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

No one is defensive. It’s annoying, these “jokes” are henged of 1 full rookie season in which he didn’t even do bad, he did good. 

Why is the fan base making fun of one of their foundational players for having a colorful personality. He hasn’t even gotten a chance to “put his money where his mouth is” and you people are already hoping he fails, because either he irked them the wrong way by being outspoken or you need something from him to further complain/mock. 

1) No one is defensive.

2) Like 5 different defensive comments.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

You obviously have never played on a sports team... No rookie on any sports team has ever come in and told a senior player what to do without getting their teeth knocked in... It never ever happens. Period.

Sure lead by example and they got rid of the malcontents. I am just surprised at how ready people are to write a kid off that has been on the team for 1 year.

Ok, point proven you win 34th overall safety is terrible and they should have drafted who? Mike Williams, John Ross, McCaffery, Reddick?, Howard, Mahomes, Watson??, Lattimore what exactly were YOU looking at for that pick? Because I will argue Adams produced and contributed more then next 15 players drafted after him.  

Watson or Mahomes or traded down.

31 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

..but he had a better rookie year than a couple of 5th round picks!  

Ah, what the **** do I know.  I've never played on a sports team.  Yay sports!

Will we be able to benefit from Jamal Adams leadership on his 1st contract, or will we have to pay him 1st and then maybe he’ll be veteran enough to lead the team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Will we be able to benefit from Jamal Adams leadership on his 1st contract, or will we have to pay him 1st and then maybe he’ll be veteran enough to lead the team.

That leadership and culture got us the 27th ranked defense last year

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

What a load of whinging crap. Literally no one is hoping he fails. 

True that. Would be great to see him play like Harrison Smith or Troy Polamalu but we all know that’s a pipe dream.  That’s what I thought we were getting. Somebody on here said Adams will be gone as soon as his contract runs out. I can definitely see that happening because he’s a one dimensional safety. 

5 hours ago, BigO said:

True that. Would be great to see him play like Harrison Smith or Troy Polamalu but we all know that’s a pipe dream.  That’s what I thought we were getting. Somebody on here said Adams will be gone as soon as his contract runs out. I can definitely see that happening because he’s a one dimensional safety. 

No way Adams ever gets cut.  Macagnan refuses to even admit Hackenberg sucked by cutting him.  Adams will have a couple more ok not great or even good seasons and Mac will give him an $80 million extension 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Vilma was incredibly instinctive and quick to diagnose what was going on. Lee is the opposite of that. 

Oh so he's just like a rich man's Jamal Adams except Vilma quietly won a Super Bowl in a system that utilized him properly.

Vilma was also a true leader.  Hell, he had to take the fall for Bountygate because the league decided to pick out the "defensive leader" and were like "Oh, that's Vilma.  Let's suspend him for a year."

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Marshmello said:

My nephew is a bills fan and just about every time I see him he says he loves Adams and wishes he was a bill. 

Adams talks too much I don't live with the guy so I don't care lol

We have the leader on defense and now we have the leader on offense 

I'm pretty pumped 

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

My nephew is a bills fan and just about every time I see him he says he loves Adams and wishes he was a bill. 

Adams talks too much I don't live with the guy so I don't care lol

We have the leader on defense and now we have the leader on offense 

I'm pretty pumped 

The Bills safeties are Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde.

Poyer had 63 tackles, 5 INTs, 2 sacks, and a TD last year.

Micah Hyde had 65 tackles, 5 INTs and started at FS in the 2017 Pro Bowl.

My nephew is a Carolina Panthers fan and he’s also an absolute meatball of a person and he really wishes Darron Lee was the starting MLB for his favorite football team the Panthers. Texts me sometimes in the middle of the night saying “Tom, Tom, I wish we had Darron Lee here on my favorite team the Panthers, of whom I am an avid fan who is very aware of the current Panthers roster and depth chart.”

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My nephew is a Carolina Panthers fan and he’s also an absolute meatball of a person and he really wishes Darron Lee was the starting MLB for his favorite football team the Panthers. Texts me sometimes in the middle of the night saying “Tom, Tom, I wish we had Darron Lee here on my favorite team the Panthers, of whom I am an avid fan who is very aware of the current Panthers roster and depth chart.”

You have a sibling who breed?

thats messed up

On 6/20/2018 at 6:12 PM, dbatesman said:

What a load of whinging crap. Literally no one is hoping he fails. 

People might not hope he fails, but there are certainly some people that would enjoy saying "see I told you" if he fails just as much as they'd enjoy seeing him succeed.

I am not saying you are one of them, but I'm sure there are.  There are people like that in literally every fan base on the planet.