Tom Brady admits he sees his retirement coming

joewilly12

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, rangerous said:

there's always someone who comes along and is better.  in just about every sport there's always a better player coming down the pike.  it make take 10 years or it may take 20 or even more.  brady can wear the goat title for now. h'll get knocked off just like every other goat.

but when people start talking about retirement their mojo has got to start declining.  a couple of bad games and brady's retirement may come sooner than later.

The kicker in this story is most players talk about retirement at the end of a season....not at the beginning of the season. Sounds like he’s really not into it and he missed OTA’s this year which he has consistently been a part of. Something about this year man, I know we’ve said it before.

20 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

The kicker in this story is most players talk about retirement at the end of a season....not at the beginning of the season. Sounds like he’s really not into it and he missed OTA’s this year which he has consistently been a part of. Something about this year man, I know we’ve said it before.

You can't beat Father Time.

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Every year this is a list of things, they look mortal early and then win 9 of 10 and get the first round bye, which is usually a bye to the Championship game. Maybe Darnold can stem the flow.

They have got a lot to overcome this year. And their WR core is not even close to elite. Mediocre at best.

20 hours ago, PCP63 said:

That sucks. Not only will we never be able to say we bested Brady, but Pats Jets games will no longer be as exciting.

Bad for football, bad for us.

We shall see.. I’m sure bellicheat thinks he can replace Brady with just about anyone. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We shall see.. I’m sure bellicheat thinks he can replace Brady with just about anyone. 

Which he has done a solid job of when the opportunity was forced upon him.(injury/suspension)

They just won’t be nearly as great in the long haul. Josh McDaniels laughable time is coming to step up to the HC Alter that he stepped down from a week after originally stepping up to.

19 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets have had some good wins against Brady, highlighted by that playoff win in NE when they were the #1 seed, but he definitely got the best of the Jets more times than not. 

I think Brady retiring will change the rivalry for me a little.  As a Mets fan, I compare it to when Chipper Jones retired from the Braves - the rivalry will still  exist but it's just no quite the same.    

There is no rivalry.  A rivalry requires two teams to be competitive.  While Jet fans hope to beat the Patriots - the Pats don't view the Jets as a legitimate contender or rival - and nor should they.

With a new QB in NE we might actually develop one - making this a actually rivalry and therefor more excitementl.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There is no rivalry.  A rivalry requires two teams to be competitive.  While Jet fans hope to beat the Patriots - the Pats don't view the Jets as a legitimate contender or rival - and nor should they.

With a new QB in NE we might actually develop one - making this a actually rivalry and therefor more excitementl.

Early 2000’s and the first couple years of Rex there was definitely a competitive rivalry.  Otherwise it’s been a route

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Belicheat will be sprinting to go retire once Brady does

They both have giant egos. I can definitely  see bellicheat motivated to try to win a championship without Brady to prove the point it was him and not all Brady. Especially now since Brady and B.B. are not on the best of terms these days

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They both have giant egos. I can definitely  see bellicheat motivated to try to win a championship without Brady to prove the point it was him and not all Brady. Especially now since Brady and B.B. are not on the best of terms these days

Jimmy G was the Steve Young Belichick had been searching for 10 years.  He lost him because Kraft overruled him

No way Belichick finds another Garropolo.  He knows the day Brady retires he needs to get out of dodge.  

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

They have got a lot to overcome this year. And their WR core is not even close to elite. Mediocre at best.

We need to just take it from them. I have thought that this is the year they collapse for  5 years straight. Maybe it happens this year, but teams also find a way to play crappy against them, and the refs 100% give them calls no other team gets, and more importantly is allowed to consistently hold late in games on offense unless the OL tackles the guy and even then it is not called much.

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jimmy G was the Steve Young Belichick had been searching for 10 years.  He lost him because Kraft overruled him

No way Belichick finds another Garropolo.  He knows the day Brady retires he needs to get out of dodge.  

I doubt he does too. But this guy’s ego is too big for his own hoody, He thinks he can I’m sure.

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Unless you are on PEDs which Brady is

if he's on some super duper peds you gotta wonder if he's setting himself up for a shortened life span.  steroids were oh so great until the players started dropping from brain disease or other issues.

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Agreed... like Shaq and Kobe.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

if he's on some super duper peds you gotta wonder if he's setting himself up for a shortened life span.  steroids were oh so great until the players started dropping from brain disease or other issues.

Hes not on steroids.  HGH is prolonging his career.  

52 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I feel like they have a system where you can plug in almost any QB and they will succeed, remember last year? I hope I’m wrong. Hopefully when he retires, bellicheat follows soon after

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Even so, they wouldnt be nearly as good without his in-game IQ and ability to play the position.

They definitely see a irreplaceable and significant drop off of QB quality the second Brady retires..

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes not on steroids.  HGH is prolonging his career.  

I think he’s on both.  And I think the real heat between him and Belichick was his supplier Guerrero got banned from the training facility

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I think he’s on both.  And I think the real heat between him and Belichick was his supplier Guerrero got banned from the training facility

HGH is deff his drug of the moment. PEDs helped him bulk core and leg strength to add zip on the ball even though he had notoriously weaker arm talent pre-2007, but it’s deff HGH that’s prolonging his career. 

Agreed, once he whined to Kraft and made Belichick ship Jimmy out of town, Belichick got even by banning Guerrero. This is a bigger deal than most national outlets want to let on. Guerrero is the third most important non-player of the second half of the dynasty (2013-present) behind Belichick and Ernie Adams because of his “supplements” to brady*, gronk*, edelman*, etc. Pliability and avocado ice cream my ass.

Plus, Guerrero gives Kraft a way to circumvent the cap and field a competitive team by funneling funds through TB12.

The guy is clearly important to brady. He was the first person brady looked for on the field after they won the super bowl. Guerrero is brady’s kid’s godfather for gods sake. This is indeed brady’s biggest beef with Belichick right now. 

7 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

HGH is deff his drug of the moment. PEDs helped him bulk core and leg strength to add zip on the ball even though he had notoriously weaker arm talent pre-2007, but it’s deff HGH that’s prolonging his career. 

Agreed, once he whined to Kraft and made Belichick ship Jimmy out of town, Belichick got even by banning Guerrero. This is a bigger deal than most national outlets want to let on. Guerrero is the third most important non-player of the second half of the dynasty (2013-present) behind Belichick and Ernie Adams because of his “supplements” to brady*, gronk*, edelman*, etc. Pliability and avocado ice cream my ass.

Plus, Guerrero gives Kraft a way to circumvent the cap and field a competitive team by funneling funds through TB12.

The guy is clearly important to brady. He was the first person brady looked for on the field after they won the super bowl. Guerrero is brady’s kid’s godfather for gods sake. This is indeed brady’s biggest beef with Belichick right now. 

Eventually it will leak out that the pats have been fueled by PEDs the past 10-15 years.  Several players have already been caught (edelman, Harrison, Mankins)

Archived