Ex-teammate threatens Jet’s Terrelle Pryor with joint practice coming

Patriot Killa

https://nypost.com/2018/06/18/ex-teammate-threatens-jets-terrelle-pryor-with-practice-coming/amp/

Ex-teammate threatens Jets’ Terrelle Pryor with practice coming

Terrelle Pryor ought to be careful.

After Redskins coach Jay Gruden allegedly prevented defenders from getting physical with the wide receiver last year, he will have no such protection when the Jets hold a joint practice with his former team in August.

And it seems Washington linebacker Zach Brown is looking forward to roughing up his ex-teammate.

“That’s going to be something right there,” Brown said on the “Inside the Locker Room” podcast, via NBC Sports Washington. “The boys are gonna have it out for him. We can put hands on him now. … The boys were already hot for what he was doing last year. Try to one-hand something while you’re with the Jets, you’re gonna catch a forearm.”

After missing OTAs and minicamp through injury, Pryor is expected to participate in training camp after having ankle surgery in the offseason.

The former Buckeye is looking to bounce back from a putrid season in Washington, where he logged 240 receiving yards and one touchdown after signing a one-year, $8 million deal with the Redskins.

Now on another one-year, prove-it deal with the Jets, Pryor will be hoping to emulate his 2016 season, when he caught 77 balls for more than 1,000 yards.

So, Zach Brown is a bit bat-sh*t crazy, huh?  I've got no particular love for Pryor and frankly I'd be happy if he was beaten out for a spot by the Jets' other WRs (for their talent, not his own failures), but it takes a special kind of brain damage to start barking out threats to a guy you'll be practicing against in two months.  That's the kind of guy right there that you hope is ultimately the one to ends up getting his clock cleaned in the practice, just for the sake of karma.

This is where I start to question getting rid of Hack. We could have had him warming up on the sidelines. One of his passes was bound to hit Zach Brown in the head. 

We need an enforcer on that offensive line. Someone to pound Brown to the ground. It’s only practice. So it won’t cost us anything.

32 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We need an enforcer on that offensive line. Someone to pound Brown to the ground. It’s only practice. So it won’t cost us anything.

Isn't Brian Winters supposed to be this guy?  I remember when he was drafted the scouts said he had a mean streak.

Terrelle Pryor wants to forget '17, but Redskins won't let him

"The boys are going to have it out for him," Redskins linebacker Zach Brown said of practicing this August with the Jets and former teammate Terrelle Pryor, pictured. "Oh, man, I can't wait to see that." AP Photo/Julio Cortez

12:07 PM ET
  • cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer
  •  

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Terrelle Pryor's one season with the Washington Redskins was a bust. Playing on a one-year, prove-it deal, he didn't prove anything. He tore his right ankle ligament in Week 1, played hurt for half the season and then shut it down for surgery.

Despite no impact on the field, Pryor apparently left a strong impression on his former teammates -- and not a favorable one.

Some of the defensive players didn't appreciate his showmanship in practice -- such as his one-handed catches -- and they will be looking for payback when they face Pryor and his new team, the New York Jets, in joint practices Aug. 12-14 in Richmond, Virginia.

"The boys are going to have it out for him," Redskins linebacker Zach Brownsaid last week on WTEM-AM The Team 980 in Washington. "Oh, man, I can't wait to see that."

Recalling last season, Brown made it sound like the defense was prevented from teaching Pryor a lesson on the field because of a "do-not-touch" edict handed down by Redskins coach Jay Gruden. Brown expects a different story in the joint practices.

"We can put hands on him now," Brown said. "Jay was protecting [Pryor]. Now we can get physical. The boys were already hot for what he was doing last year; they just couldn't put their hands on him. Jay won't be there to save you. ... You're going to catch a forearm right under the ribs."

Presumably, there will be no homecoming parties for Pryor, who managed only 20 catches in nine games after a 77-catch, 1,007-yard season with the Cleveland Browns. Betting on his upside, the Jets signed him to a one-year, $4.5 million contract -- yes, another prove-it deal. He's not off to a great start. He didn't participate in any offseason practices because of arthroscopic surgery on the same ankle, and he is considered questionable for the start of training camp.

Nevertheless, Pryor expects to have a big year, after claiming that last season was an aberration and a learning experience.

"I couldn't focus on my game because I was worried about my foot," he said at the conclusion of last week's minicamp. "It took control of my mind. Right now, I'm healthy" -- well, not really -- "and ready to get back to form and have a dominant year."

Pryor, who will turn 29 on Wednesday, is less than five years removed from his days as a quarterback, so you have to believe he still hasn't reached his ceiling. The former Ohio State star is 6-foot-4 with terrific athleticism, and it's hard to find guys like that. But now his twice-repaired ankle has to be a concern.

"Tearing my deltoid [ligament] was horrible, just horrible for me," he said, reflecting on last season. "I was going out there from Week 1 all the way to Week 6 or 7 when I was playing, and there were times when I just fell on my face after running routes. It was so hard. Eventually, after Week 7, I said I can't do it anymore. So that's when I decided to get the surgery."

The Jets could really benefit if Pryor brings a healthy ankle and healthy attitude into the season. New York receivers coach Karl Dorrell complimented Pryor on his approach, saying he attended every meeting despite his inability to practice. On the field, Pryor seemed eager to participate, hanging out with the rest of the receivers -- in his walking boot -- and serving in somewhat of a ball-boy role.

"I love it here," Pryor said. "I'd like to finish my career here. I want to come out and have a great year, and I believe I will."

Once thing is certain: He'll be a marked man on his return to the D.C. area in August.

16 hours ago, GreenFish said:

This is where I start to question getting rid of Hack. We could have had him warming up on the sidelines. One of his passes was bound to hit Zach Brown in the head. 

Richie Ingonito has some time on his hands last I heard.

17 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

So, Zach Brown is a bit bat-sh*t crazy, huh?  I've got no particular love for Pryor and frankly I'd be happy if he was beaten out for a spot by the Jets' other WRs (for their talent, not his own failures), but it takes a special kind of brain damage to start barking out threats to a guy you'll be practicing against in two months.  That's the kind of guy right there that you hope is ultimately the one to ends up getting his clock cleaned in the practice, just for the sake of karma.

WTF? You're talking about join PRACTICES . Sounds like Brown IS bat sh*t crazy. I'm with you 100% I'd love to see Brown's clock cleaned.

23 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

In other news, Pryor is 29? LOL. Why are they wasting their time with this guy?

LOL. Thought he was 25-26. 

29 is the new 19.  Pryor is a freak of a specimen. 6’4 and runs like a deer ? when healthy.  He could be a special WR for Darnold. 

Well then I guess Pryor needs to have his game face on when we practice against the skins.  We will find out real quick whether Pryor is a diva or not. If he is then ship his ass out of here. Will be good to find out what this guy is made of real quickly!

15 hours ago, flgreen said:

"We can put hands on him now," Brown said. "Jay was protecting [Pryor]. Now we can get physical. The boys were already hot for what he was doing last year; they just couldn't put their hands on him. Jay won't be there to save you. ... You're going to catch a forearm right under the ribs."

That's a pretty ****ed up comment right there. Jets should keep their mouths shut and catch Brown under the ribs. 

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

In other news, Pryor is 29? LOL. Why are they wasting their time with this guy?

LOL. Thought he was 25-26. 

Pryor's a talented guy on a one-year deal. If he has a good season, I wouldn't mind at all if he signed on for a few more. 

OTOH, the Jets have so many players on one-year deals, or the last year of their deals, that Mac could possibly be angling for a comp pick in 2020 despite being a likely player in free agency next year. Bridgewater is a guy who, if he has a nice preseason and isn't traded, could potentially bring back a third round comp pick if he signs somewhere next year to start. 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:28 PM, Bleedin Green said:

and all he's really accomplished is putting a target on his own back. Dumb mother****er

19 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Good, I would like to see how this team reacts to one of there getting hit in the mouth. Will they hit two redskins in the mouth??

“Redskins? F*ck them”

2 hours ago, slats said:

That's a pretty ****ed up comment right there. Jets should keep their mouths shut and catch Brown under the ribs. 

Pryor's a talented guy on a one-year deal. If he has a good season, I wouldn't mind at all if he signed on for a few more. 

OTOH, the Jets have so many players on one-year deals, or the last year of their deals, that Mac could possibly be angling for a comp pick in 2020 despite being a likely player in free agency next year. Bridgewater is a guy who, if he has a nice preseason and isn't traded, could potentially bring back a third round comp pick if he signs somewhere next year to start. 

Mac and comp picks don’t go together. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think that bullsh*t blog is correct to call Pryor our most overrated, but then it goes on perpetuating this myth that his 2016 was "magical."  He had a nice year, but a ton of volume.  As bad as he was in DC, his efficiency was close to the same.  The hope is that as the #3 or #4 he will have less pressure and can provide some big plays with a bit more efficiency, but the idea he is a #1 or #2 is pretty much gone. 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:48 PM, Patriot Killa said:

https://nypost.com/2018/06/18/ex-teammate-threatens-jets-terrelle-pryor-with-practice-coming/amp/

Ex-teammate threatens Jets’ Terrelle Pryor with practice coming

Terrelle Pryor ought to be careful.

After Redskins coach Jay Gruden allegedly prevented defenders from getting physical with the wide receiver last year, he will have no such protection when the Jets hold a joint practice with his former team in August.

And it seems Washington linebacker Zach Brown is looking forward to roughing up his ex-teammate.

“That’s going to be something right there,” Brown said on the “Inside the Locker Room” podcast, via NBC Sports Washington. “The boys are gonna have it out for him. We can put hands on him now. … The boys were already hot for what he was doing last year. Try to one-hand something while you’re with the Jets, you’re gonna catch a forearm.”

After missing OTAs and minicamp through injury, Pryor is expected to participate in training camp after having ankle surgery in the offseason.

The former Buckeye is looking to bounce back from a putrid season in Washington, where he logged 240 receiving yards and one touchdown after signing a one-year, $8 million deal with the Redskins.

Now on another one-year, prove-it deal with the Jets, Pryor will be hoping to emulate his 2016 season, when he caught 77 balls for more than 1,000 yards.

It is not the brightest guys that telegraph their threats by publishing them.

On 6/19/2018 at 12:39 AM, jetscrazey said:

Isn't Brian Winters supposed to be this guy?  I remember when he was drafted the scouts said he had a mean streak.

Last time Winters tried to lay down the law, he headbutted an opponent....and gave himself a concussion and he had to leave the game.....

Archived