Bleacher Report picks Jamal Adams as teams breakout candidate.

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Got it. He sucked at LSU, he sucked his rookie year, and he will suck going forward. 

He got drafted high because he's a legacy with a good attitude. What is a legacy? Didn't realize these players get drafted high because of their good attitude.  When you read that back, does that still make sense to you?

Good point. What you just wrote didn’t make any sense.

Just now, RESNewYork said:

1. Make a stupid idiotic claim about Adams

2. When someone calls you out on your stupidity, try and come up with something that equally dumb fans will think is clever

3. Repeat.

This is your contribution to this thread.

You’re the one who compared Anthony Fasano to Antonio Gates.

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe he wasn't the best, but he was the leader!

If you like Adams so much, maybe PFF isn't the grade you want to use.  Notice the little box where he grades as "above average?"  That says he was the 34th best safety in the NFL.  Obviously worth #6 overall, right?  More importantly, I don't want to go find my post, but at least 3 rookie safeties graded higher.  Probably more, and certainly several players that play more important positions, including CB Tre'Davious White.

Don't get me started on Landon Collins.  Another "leader."  How is a guy getting credited for leadership when his own position group staged a mutiny and had like 4 separate suspensions during the season.  WTF?

I’ll take above average for a rookie. That’s what you geniuses keep forgetting...he’s a rookie.

3 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Another stupid thing Adams haters like to point out is Anthony Fasano beat Adams for a TD. 

Fasano has 35 other career TD catches. I'm sure those were only made against the scrubs of the NFL, and not against other quality defenders.

Fasano is a has-been. You’re making it sound like he scored all 34 of those other TDs this past season rather than 0 other TDs this year in his 16 games. Even last year the 2 he caught came in 2 games when there were 7 other TDs (1 of 4 TDs against the Clowns, and 1 of 5 TDs caught against the Packers). Those 2 teams had useless pass defenses (GB surrendered 32 passing TDs and Cleveland 36 that year). Then the year before that, only 2 TDs, and again against defenses known for surrendering passing TDs: Cleveland again (34) and New Orleans (32). I could go back further. Then this past year, even with all the poor defenses the Dolphins faced, the only TD he scored all year was on Adams.

This is not a player TD-feasting on the game’s best pass defenders while winding down the twilight of his career.

It is entirely likely he improves, but for a safety drafted #6 overall he didn’t set the bar very high. Drafted that early at that position he’s expected to be excellent as a rookie and outright great by year 2 and nonstop after that. If he isn’t, then just pay a FA safety and draft a position you can’t fill in at least 2 out of every 3 offseasons at will via FA.

It’s not yet known if he (like the 1st rounder drafted the year before) will be worthy of picking up his 5th year option.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Fasano is a has-been. You’re making it sound like he scored all 34 of those other TDs this past season rather than 0 other TDs this year in his 16 games. Even last year the 2 he caught came in 2 games when there were 7 other TDs (1 of 4 TDs against the Clowns, and 1 of 5 TDs caught against the Packers). Those 2 teams had useless pass defenses (GB surrendered 32 passing TDs and Cleveland 36 that year). Then the year before that, only 2 TDs, and again against defenses known for surrendering passing TDs: Cleveland again (34) and New Orleans (32). I could go back further. Then this past year, even with all the poor defenses the Dolphins faced, the only TD he scored all year was on Adams.

This is not a player TD-feasting on the game’s best pass defenders while winding down the twilight of his career.

It is entirely likely he improves, but for a safety drafted #6 overall he didn’t set the bar very high. Drafted that early at that position he’s expected to be excellent as a rookie and outright great by year 2 and nonstop after that. If he isn’t, then just pay a FA safety and draft a position you can’t fill in at least 2 out of every 3 offseasons at will via FA.

I never said Fasano scored 34 TDs this past season. This is a long write up to prove what? I was simply saying giving up a TD to Fasano does not make a career, and it's stupid to be used as judgement for or against Adams.

So the benchmark for top 10 NFL draft picks is excellent rookie to outright great year 2? Use the whole first round, how often does that happen? Here is last year's top 10. How many were excellent?

Garrett, Myles
Trubisky, Mitchell   
Thomas, Solomon    
Fournette, Leonard    
Davis, Corey  
Adams, Jamal    
Williams, Mike    
McCaffrey, Christian
Ross, John
Mahomes, Patrick

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I never said Fasano scored 34 TDs this past season. This is a long write up to prove what? I was simply saying giving up a TD to Fasano does not make a career, and it's stupid to be used as judgement for or against Adams.

So the benchmark for top 10 NFL draft picks is excellent rookie to outright great year 2? Use the whole first round, how often does that happen? Here is last year's top 10. How many were excellent?

Garrett, Myles
Trubisky, Mitchell   
Thomas, Solomon    
Fournette, Leonard    
Davis, Corey  
Adams, Jamal    
Williams, Mike    
McCaffrey, Christian
Ross, John
Mahomes, Patrick

John Ross didn’t even play a down. Mike Williams didn’t do anything. Corey Davis was decent. Mitch was up and down. McCaffery did well in the passing game. Pat got one game so we can reserve judgement and Solomon was decent.

Garrett Myles and Fournette were the only show stoppers in year 1. 

These guys dilusional and filled with overpowering anger because he was picked 6th. Adams did a very solid job in year one...and the numbers back that up to. 

I still don’t see how there is even an argument to be had.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

John Ross didn’t even play a down. Mike Williams didn’t do anything. Corey Davis was decent. Mitch was up and down. McCaffery did well in the passing game. Pat got one game so we can reserve judgement and Solomon was decent.

Garrett Myles and Fournette were the only show stoppers in year 1. 

These guys dilusional and filled with overpowering anger because he was picked 6th. Adams did a very solid job in year one...and the numbers back that up to. 

I still don’t see how there is even an argument to be had.

Makes zero sense to bash a player that had a good rookie season, seems like a hard worker, strives to be great. Just saw a Humpty and Canty interview with Adams in studio and they both were raving about him.

So much stupidity in this thread. Some of the brilliance posted:

He sucked in college but drafted high because of his legacy and attitude. Whatever that means.

He sucks because he gave up a TD to Fasano. Give me a break. You realize Eric Tomlinson scored a TD last season, on former first round pick and from what you read, a rising star at safety, Keanu Neal.

He sucks because his combine numbers suck. They don't suck, they compare to most safetys. And I love how the combine determines how good a player is. 

Golston was a better pick. 

He sucks because he talks too much. Give me a break. Most of this board had a hard on for Baker. With Baker its fire and intensity and leadership, but I guess when it's Jamal, fans cant take it or relate to it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol who said this though? I have been scanning the posts looking for this line for 12 long minutes.

5 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

2nd time I ask. When did I say that. 

Ya boy is giving up easy TDs to 37 year old Italians and you want me to explain why it’s bad? Please. And that wasn’t nearly his most embarrassing pwnage last year. If Alex Smith was petty, he’d still be having Jamal hold onto the turned-out pocket of his pants as he walked the streets of DC.

14 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Landon Collins, great player. Rather have Adams because he's a Jet and after one season, I'm sure he's not a finished product.

Just like Collins wasn't a finished product after his rookie season. But I guess you knew he would end being a top 5 defensive player after his 112 combine tackle, 1 pick, no sack rookie season.

Also Collins came into the league as a "box safety" but was voted a top 3 DPOY. Hows that for impact

Collins is overrated like crazy and he’s basically Adams’ ceiling

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Right.  It usually takes longer for 3 year starters from DBU that were coached by Corey Raymond, with fathers that played in the NFL to adjust. 

No, it just takes some rookies a little longer than others. It’s actually just that simple lol...

None of what you just said would make one assume he should be a star in year one.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ya boy is giving up easy TDs to 37 year old Italians and you want me to explain why it’s bad? Please. And that wasn’t nearly his most embarrassing pwnage last year. If Alex Smith was petty, he’d still be having Jamal hold onto the turned-out pocket of his pants as he walked the streets of DC.

Cute and witty is all you are good for sometimes huh??

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

No, it just takes some rookies a little longer than others. It’s actually just that simple lol...

None of what you just said would make one assume he should be a star in year one.

You really don't get it? 

He is not very fast.  He was drafted at 6 because he was an obvious day 1 starter and has an extremely high floor. If there was ever a player with an easy transition to the NFL it was Jamal Adams.  Baker and Johnson ran basically a fell tenth faster.  What are you more likely to improve at with NFL experience?  Recognition and understanding of scheme or speed? 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was ******* awesome back when I was a 37 year old Italian!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You really don't get it? 

He is not very fast.  He was drafted at 6 because he was an obvious day 1 starter and has an extremely high floor. If there was ever a player with an easy transition to the NFL it was Jamal Adams.  Baker and Johnson ran basically a fell tenth faster.  What are you more likely to improve at with NFL experience?  Recognition and understanding of scheme or speed? 

Actually yes lol. Your eyes get better with time and being able to properly diagnose what is going on around you and reacting is a big part of his job. 

Btw, as RES mentioned Collins is a top SS in the league and had about the same combine #’s. This combine crap is not the key to the truth you are trying to make it seem like.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Actually yes lol. Your eyes get better with time and being able to properly diagnose what is going on around you and reacting is a big part of his job. 

Btw, as RES mentioned Collins is a top SS in the league and had about the same combine #’s. This combine crap is not the key to the truth you are trying to make it seem like.

Here is a test:

#27: A or B

Killa:  Yes

Did you pass or fail? 

BTW, you agreed with me. There is every reason to expect Baker and Johnson to improve more than Adams.  I don't find Landon Collins relevant.  He has been inconsistent IMO and his presence has not kept that defense, or even that secondary from sucking 2 out of his 3 years.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Here is a test:

#27: A or B

Killa:  Yes

Did you pass or fail? 

BTW, you agreed with me. There is every reason to expect Baker and Johnson to improve more than Adams.  I don't find Landon Collins relevant.  He has been inconsistent IMO and his presence has not kept that defense, or even that secondary from sucking 2 out of his 3 years.

I really didn’t agree with you. You are leaving out so many variables. There is such thing as a sophomore slump, all I am saying is with more film study, hard work and experience...his eyes will get better. As for the other 2 safeties you mentioned, I’m not really concerned with them. Jamal Adams is the New York Jet and I comfortablely believe he’ll be fine in the long run.

and Collins inconsistent? ....sigh 

at the sake of not doubling the debate at hand i’ll leave that one be for today.

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really didn’t agree with you. You are leaving out so many variables. There is such thing as a sophomore slump, all I am saying is with more film study, hard work and experience...his eyes will get better. As for the other 2 safeties you mentioned, I’m not really concerned with them. Jamal Adams is the New York Jet and I comfortablely believe he’ll be fine in the long run.

and Collins inconsistent? ....sigh 

at the sake of not doubling the debate at hand i’ll leave that one be for today.

You don't agree?  So his eyes will get better, but Johnson and Bakers' won't?  Will Adams get faster?  Athletically he is a mid-pack safety. Slightly worse actually, though I do appreciate him having long arms.  Maye is worse, FWIW

I never said Adams sucked.  He is an NFL player and I am happy to have him.  Other players detested around here were NFL players - see Robertson, and Brady. It does not mean they were the proper choice when taken.

If you don't care about Baker, Johnson, and Williams then what is the point of this conversation?  I am not saying that they should cut Adams, but three safeties taken behind him are already performing better. Isn't that relevant?

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Collins was also a second round pick 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't agree?  So his eyes will get better, but Johnson and Bakers' won't?  Will Adams get faster?  Athletically he is a mid-pack safety. Slightly worse actually, though I do appreciate him having long arms.  Maye is worse, FWIW

I never said Adams sucked.  He is an NFL player and I am happy to have him.  Other players detested around here were NFL players - see Robertson, and Brady. It does not mean they were the proper choice when taken.

If you don't care about Baker, Johnson, and Williams then what is the point of this conversation?  I am not saying that they should cut Adams, but three safeties taken behind him are already performing better. Isn't that relevant. 

No, you misunderstand. I really meant that Adams(and for the most part ALL SS/FS’s) eyes will get better with years tacked on to their career. I also meant the previous names you mentioned, except I didn’t specifically mean year 2 is when it will happen for all safeties. I believe that Adams will build off of a solid year 1, but my statement isn’t solely meant for the progression of year 1 to year 2 if that makes sense.

And the other three guys did very well in year 1 as well. Some better in pass coverage and some not. Adams excelled in run support and was O.K in pass coverage with some busted coverage here and there...not killing him for it though because I believe in his year 2 potential.