Bleacher Report picks Jamal Adams as teams breakout candidate.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m more or less speaking from a skill set standpoint rather than draft status. 

I understand that 6 may have been too high but I’m not overly upset about it. We got a solid starter.

Well yeah they both suck at covering tight ends and specialize against the run 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ya boy is giving up easy TDs to 37 year old Italians and you want me to explain why it’s bad? Please. And that wasn’t nearly his most embarrassing pwnage last year. If Alex Smith was petty, he’d still be having Jamal hold onto the turned-out pocket of his pants as he walked the streets of DC.

So you want to be all hung up on Fasano scoring a TD against Jamal Adams. That's your ace to prove how sh*tty Adams is. The TD you are so hung up on is below.

You serious? This is it? The one where Adams gets caught in traffic by two players. This is the play you hang your whiny hat on about Adams? 

15 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

I never said Fasano scored 34 TDs this past season. This is a long write up to prove what? I was simply saying giving up a TD to Fasano does not make a career, and it's stupid to be used as judgement for or against Adams.

So the benchmark for top 10 NFL draft picks is excellent rookie to outright great year 2? Use the whole first round, how often does that happen? Here is last year's top 10. How many were excellent?

Garrett, Myles
Trubisky, Mitchell   
Thomas, Solomon    
Fournette, Leonard    
Davis, Corey  
Adams, Jamal    
Williams, Mike    
McCaffrey, Christian
Ross, John
Mahomes, Patrick

A non-premium position like safety taken at #6 it's expected he'll be really good right away and great before long. Otherwise just sign a FA for a couple million more (if even) and preserve or trade away a high value pick like #6 in the country.

37 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

A non-premium position like safety taken at #6 it's expected he'll be really good right away and great before long. Otherwise just sign a FA for a couple million more (if even) and preserve or trade away a high value pick like #6 in the country.

That's where we disagree.

What did Adams need to do to be considered really good as a rookie? For me it was start immediately and play well and on top of that, he's pretty much the leader of that D.  Adams hasn't even been given a chance to be great before long because he's played one season.  

I consider safety a premium position in today's NFL. Rather have a great safety than great corner because safety is the more versatile position. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is pretty much it. No one would have a bad word to say about Adams if we had taken him at 33.

This is what I don't get. Whatever Adams did at LSU warranted him not being close to available at 33. Find one piece written or quoted where Adams wasn't going top 10. 

Add to that, whatever he did his rookie season you can't find one piece written or aid where he doesn't go top 10 in a redraft. Correction, bleacher report has him going 13.  

Adams obviously did some good things his rookie season, and you expect some big improvements year 1 to 2. Just weird he needs any defending on a Jets website. 

6. New York Jets
Redraft pick: Jamal Adams, SS
Actual pick: Adams

Adams started in all 16 games for the Jets last year during a stellar rookie season. Although the Jets put some thought into a taking a quarterback in our redraft (Patrick Mahomes), they decided to stick with Adams. 

5. TENNESSEE TITANS: JAMAL ADAMS, S, LSU
(ACTUAL PICK: COREY DAVIS, WR, WESTERN MICHIGAN) Pairing Adams with Kevin Byard might have given the Titans the league’s second-best safety tandem in football next to Seattle. Kudos to the Jets for stocking up on both Adams and Marcus Maye, which solidifies the position for a few seasons to come.

7. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
The Chargers are loaded at the cornerback position, and Adams would make L.A.'s defensive secondary absolutely (wait for it) great. Ah, I'm just kidding. Electric. The Chargers' secondary would be electric. 

Actual pick: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

This is what I don't get. Whatever Adams did at LSU warranted him not being close to available at 33. Find one piece written or quoted where Adams wasn't going top 10. 

Add to that, whatever he did his rookie season you can't find one piece written or aid where he doesn't go top 10 in a redraft. Correction, bleacher report has him going 13.  

Adams obviously did some good things his rookie season, and you expect some big improvements year 1 to 2. Just weird he needs any defending on a Jets website. 

6. New York Jets
Redraft pick: Jamal Adams, SS
Actual pick: Adams

Adams started in all 16 games for the Jets last year during a stellar rookie season. Although the Jets put some thought into a taking a quarterback in our redraft (Patrick Mahomes), they decided to stick with Adams. 

5. TENNESSEE TITANS: JAMAL ADAMS, S, LSU
(ACTUAL PICK: COREY DAVIS, WR, WESTERN MICHIGAN) Pairing Adams with Kevin Byard might have given the Titans the league’s second-best safety tandem in football next to Seattle. Kudos to the Jets for stocking up on both Adams and Marcus Maye, which solidifies the position for a few seasons to come.

7. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
The Chargers are loaded at the cornerback position, and Adams would make L.A.'s defensive secondary absolutely (wait for it) great. Ah, I'm just kidding. Electric. The Chargers' secondary would be electric. 

Actual pick: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson.

The fact that he wouldn’t have been available at 33 doesn’t mean he was a good pick at 6. 

18 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The fact that he wouldn’t have been available at 33 doesn’t mean he was a good pick at 6. 

Lol, that's like saying every team 5 picks after the Jets had taken someone other than Adams were idiots too. Because had the Jets not taken Adams probably 9 of the next 10 teams would have taken him if anyone above them & after the Jets would have passed on him. And you know what they would have said after picking him? "We couldn't BELIEVE he dropped to us, this organization is just thrilled he was still there for us to take". 

Jet fans, lol. Just a few years after missing on 1st rounders get a solid NFL football player at 6 overall, the same spot where we busted on Vernon Gholston & we bitch & moan endlessly. Get over it! Adams is one of the young leaders on the Jets going forward, along with Williams & now Sam Darnold. My god, it's like Jet fans just want to manufacture things to bitch about. How about you wait and see what the young players accomplish in their 2nd years. Name all of the 1st year all pros in this league on defense, can we let them develop a bit! NFL players are not even allowed to practice much anymore due to the CBA, if you don't think that doesn't have an effect on their development your an idiot. Also, the rules have changed drastically for players in the secondary & they have to be better at the game mentally, under control more, unlike in the old NFL when these safeties could just recklessly throw them themselves around knocking the sh*t out of everything they got in their way.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lol, that's like saying every team 5 picks after the Jets had taken someone other than Adams were idiots too. Because had the Jets not taken Adams probably 9 of the next 10 teams would have taken him if anyone above them & after the Jets would have passed on him. And you know what they would have said after picking him? "We couldn't BELIEVE he dropped to us, this organization is just thrilled he was still there for us to take". 

what

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So you’re saying he was one of the 33 best players in last year’s draft??

Yawn. I get your MO. Its partly my fault for responding to you.

What I am really trying to say is you lack the mental ability to wipe your own ass. Your combine numbers show you don't have the athletic ability to wipe. And your toilet paper lacks the makeup to cover what you call a mouth. Better?

Just now, RESNewYork said:

Yawn. I get your MO. Its partly my fault for responding to you.

What I am really trying to say is you lack the mental ability to wipe your own ass. Your combine numbers show you don't have the athletic ability to wipe. And your toilet paper lacks the makeup to cover what you call a mouth. Better?

What if it’s because my small intestines are sneaky athletic and quietly successful in the Anthony Fasano mold

On 6/29/2018 at 2:49 PM, dbatesman said:

This is pretty much it. No one would have a bad word to say about Adams if we had taken him at 33.

So shouldn't your beef be with the GM? 

Never understood that thinking tbh 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

So you take it out on Adams? 

I’m not taking anything out on him. When I criticize him for giving up 8 passing TDs, or for getting clowned in the open field by Alex Smith, or for bodying up on Cam Newton after he just scored a TD, it’s not a passive-aggressive way of taking a shot at Maccagnan (nor is it because I personally hate Adams); it’s because I think it’s because those are things he deserves to be criticized for. Similarly, when I say that Adams was overdrafted, it’s not a shot at him so much as it’s a shot at the GM who thought a box safety was worth the sixth overall pick. Horses for courses.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not taking anything out on him. When I criticize him for giving up 8 passing TDs, or for getting clowned in the open field by Alex Smith, or for bodying up on Cam Newton after he just scored a TD, it’s not a passive-aggressive way of taking a shot at Maccagnan (nor is it because I personally hate Adams); it’s because I think it’s because those are things he deserves to be criticized for. Similarly, when I say that Adams was overdrafted, it’s not a shot at him so much as it’s a shot at the GM who thought a box safety was worth the sixth overall pick. Horses for courses.

What do you call it when you give Adams credit for having the most TFLs for a secondary player last year? 

He's not a box safety and you know it 

That's my point 

I'm sure you have seen the posts that he played nickel corner, outside corner and edge rusher last year 

What is so hard about seeing both sides of a player? 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

What do you call it when you give Adams credit for having the most TFLs? 

He's not a box safety and you know it 

That's my point 

I'm sure you have seen the posts that he played nickel corner, outside corner and edge rusher last year 

What is so hard about seeing both sides of a player? 

Because if you drafted this player based on his ability to play the pass, he’d be undraftable.

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because if you drafted this player based on his ability to play the pass, he’d be undraftable.

But they didn’t draft him to cover as a safety. They drafted him to change the culture of the perennial losing mentality of this franchise by bellowing trash with his big trap. About the only thing he’s good at.