Bleacher Report picks Jamal Adams as teams breakout candidate.

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cool but this has nothing to do with the post that you are responding to.

Cool. Let me try again. 

*watches Victor Green for his entire career*

*watched 16 games of Jamal Adams

.....mind blown.

You need to see an optometrist. ?

Jamal "breaknig out" would lift him to be a JAG. ( Just a Guy, its a term we used at the old joint dont know if it translates)

SOmeone else said Leee will be outta the NFL, said that mid yr 2. Absolute bust. Everybody assigned to block him can and does.

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Never said he is awesome... but I am also not saying he is terrible... My point was more if you revere Victor as a great safety ... he barely saw the field till his third year... Why can't people just calm down about drafting him #6 and see that he still can be a great safety... or he could bust... but 1 year wouldn't define a player

Well, if you are not saying he is terrible, you probably shouldn't be calling Brian Washington terrible. 

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Jamal "breaknig out" would lift him to be a JAG. ( Just a Guy, its a term we used at the old joint dont know if it translates)

SOmeone else said Leee will be outta the NFL, said that mid yr 2. Absolute bust. Everybody assigned to block him can and does.

It probably translates a little better than it should if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well, if you are not saying he is terrible, you probably shouldn't be calling Brian Washington terrible. 

If you are calling Jamal Adams in his rookie year as good as Brian Washington was in his 6th and 7th year... I could accept that comparison. But Ronnie Lott ran that backfield. 

But calling Jamal a Bust after a single season is stupid and tired argument, calling him a future Hall of Famer is also stupid and tired... but can't a player develop into a better player after his rookie season... I think so... but the pitchforks around here don't... because he was drafted #6 overall if wasn't a pro-bowler or have 7 INTs in his rookie year on a terrible team then he must be a bust... 

There is room for middle ground here and I think he has the potential to be a pro-bowler for the rest of his career.  But he could also turn into a pumpkin and sit with the rest of the first round busts the Jets have drafted over the years.

The argument that it is a devalued position is also tired because even though they think its devalued, all the top teams in the league have spent the most on those positions... Is it less then other positions... yes right now... But RB used to be a valued position and now its not... the league changes and this is a shift that is starting to happen... teams are putting more money on safeties then they have in the past and it is slowly coming up as a more valued position. So spending high draft capital on a position that is getting more expensive is a better move then people give it credit.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

If you are calling Jamal Adams in his rookie year as good as Brian Washington was in his 6th and 7th year... I could accept that comparison. But Ronnie Lott ran that backfield. 

But calling Jamal a Bust after a single season is stupid and tired argument, calling him a future Hall of Famer is also stupid and tired... but can't a player develop into a better player after his rookie season... I think so... but the pitchforks around here don't... because he was drafted #6 overall if wasn't a pro-bowler or have 7 INTs in his rookie year on a terrible team then he must be a bust... 

There is room for middle ground here and I think he has the potential to be a pro-bowler for the rest of his career.  But he could also turn into a pumpkin and sit with the rest of the first round busts the Jets have drafted over the years.

The argument that it is a devalued position is also tired because even though they think its devalued, all the top teams in the league have spent the most on those positions... Is it less then other positions... yes right now... But RB used to be a valued position and now its not... the league changes and this is a shift that is starting to happen... teams are putting more money on safeties then they have in the past and it is slowly coming up as a more valued position. So spending high draft capital on a position that is getting more expensive is a better move then people give it credit.

Who called him a bust? 

Where do you develop your devalued position argument from?  The only reason it is tired is because we keep repeating it.  That is necessary because people like you apparently do not understand that when starting safeties are on the street in July - it indicates the position does not have particular value.  Teams are not putting value on safeties.  Can you please point out the proof that you have to back up your claim that they do?  Use a team other than the Jets please.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who called him a bust? 

Where do you develop your devalued position argument from?  The only reason it is tired is because we keep repeating it.  That is necessary because people like you apparently do not understand that when starting safeties are on the street in July - it indicates the position does not have particular value.  Teams are not putting value on safeties.  Can you please point out the proof that you have to back up your claim that they do?  Use a team other than the Jets please.

Half this forum calls him a bust... Just read through the posts  

Pats pay the second most money on safety position... Seahawks are first, Chiefs are 4th and Eagles are 5th all playoff teams.. 

Eagles and Pats were in the Superbowl and they are 2 of the top 5 spenders on the position... Pats gave McCourty the most money in safety history when he signed the deal... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I.. teams are putting more money on safeties then they have in the past and it is slowly coming up as a more valued position. So spending high draft capital on a position that is getting more expensive is a better move then people give it credit.

Not sure I really agree with this. I think it is valued less than ever, especially for an in the box safety like Adams.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-safety-free-agents-best-available-tre-boston-eric-reid-kenny-vaccaro/7mvhjumemrdp1vhe0nptkfg62

Reality is that an in the box safety which is essenially a small linebacker/slow defensive back is maybe the least important position on the entire football team. I guess an argument can be made for FB, but I am not sure FB is not more valuable too.

Now a ball hawking safety with good ball skills, great instincts and the ability to run the defense can be one of the most important players on a football team. However they are amazingly rare, one or 2 a generation type players like Reed and Polamalu.

Not sure Adams or Maye has shown anywhere near that potential. We would have been better off drafting a different player or sliding down than drafting Adams, said it day after the draft and still say it.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Pats pay the second most money on safety position... Seahawks are first, Chiefs are 4th and Eagles are 5th all playoff teams.. 

Eagles and Pats were in the Superbowl and they are 2 of the top 5 spenders on the position... Pats gave McCourty the most money in safety history when he signed the deal... 

I read all the posts.  I see way more ****ers crying "He's is not a bust!" than I ever saw anybody call him one. 

This is not even logical.  Every position is getting more expensive because the cap is going up.  How does grading the teams that paid the most prove anything?  When Gostkowski became the highest paid kicker, did that mean that kickers were becoming the most highly valued position?  The Seahawks did not make the playoffs.  They are also not likely to be the highest spenders since Kam is retiring and they are probably looking to move Earl Thomas. McCourty and Jenkins are converted CBs that can play nickel and really cover - I keep hearing out we are not being fair to Adams expecting that because he is a box safety.

It is very simple.  The franchise tags are based upon top average salaries.  The only positions lower than safety are kicker/punter and tight end. Think about that, of the 22 players on the field, only 1 should be lower priced than your safeties.  A position that many teams either don't really carry (see Chan Gailey), or don't have on the field for many downs. Somehow, you are claiming the Jets are smart for being on the front of this trend to fill this important position!

26 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

They tell you the Jets shouldn't have take Adams but the don't tell you who they should have taken. If they took Lattimore this place would have blown up after the Milliner debacle (There were a lot of reports Marcus was injury prone). Will Deshaun Watson have a long career, running around like he does? 

These fans want to have it both ways, ie. "We have zero pass rush!", "Our LBS suck & can't cover!", "Buster & Burris suck!", "Morris cant stay healthy!", I know all of these things to be true & post them every day, but Jamal Adams needs to cover for ALL THIS SUCKITUDE! Who cares if the other safety is also a rookie! He should be balling out of the gate man! Rookie schmooky, I want HOF!

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

They tell you the Jets shouldn't have take Adams but the don't tell you who they should have taken. If they took Lattimore this place would have blown up after the Milliner debacle (There were a lot of reports Marcus was injury prone). Will Deshaun Watson have a long career, running around like he does? 

These fans want to have it both ways, ie. "We have zero pass rush!", "Our LBS suck & can't cover!", "Buster & Burris suck!", "Morris cant stay healthy!", I know all of these things to be true & post them every day, but Jamal Adams needs to cover for ALL THIS SUCKITUDE! Who cares if the other safety is also a rookie! He should be balling out of the gate man! Rookie schmooky, I want HOF!

Adams had no business being a top 10 pick. He didnt turn the ball over in college and he's not a guy you can use at corner on 3rd downs. This is where the frustration stems from. 

I would haven taken a pass rusher there at 6 on upside alone. My choice was Watt, but Barnett or Reddick would have been fine too.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Said this before, but when the "Best Player in the Draft" keeps falling to us at 6, maybe rather than thinking we're so lucky, we should ask why...

This is exactly what I said in my long winded post about how I feel about Mac and our last 4 drafts. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Never said he is awesome... but I am also not saying he is terrible... My point was more if you revere Victor as a great safety ... he barely saw the field till his third year... Why can't people just calm down about drafting him #6 and see that he still can be a great safety... or he could bust... but 1 year wouldn't define a player

Valiant effort but it's not worth it. You can't change stupid. And nothing is dumber on this board than Jet fans that whine about Adams. 

Its apparent that the hate stems from Adams "talking too much" because the other arguments make no sense. Which is funny when you think about how much this board loved Mayfield, a guy who hasn't taken an NFL snap yet.

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Neither are you considering the fact that you are piggy backing off SAR’s genius.

You want to be T0m one day and SAR the next.

Make up your mind, Big L.

Genius minds think alike

97CBF1AE-8211-4ECF-B8AE-5541A28A49A9.gif

31 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The problem is if you hear Adams tell it NO ONE SCORES ON HIM.

image.png

He falls down for no reason on this Gronk TD. Was Dustin Kellerish.

giphy.gif

Followed up with the other coveted safety on a terrible angle of pursuit.

7 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Not true... look at the Jags or Eagles or the money Pats spent on their safeties. I think DB is still a very valuable position and has become a position that better teams are willing to pay more for. 

Both defenses feature an effective pass rush, which is what sets them apart. 

• Upvote 1