Bleacher Report picks Jamal Adams as teams breakout candidate.

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Ed Reed in 3....2.......1........

No one is saying he's  a bust. AND he might be a good safety, but he wasn't much better than average last year. His first season was short of anything close to Polamaluian/Reedish standard. Taking a box safety that high was insane overreach.Taking him ahead of Watt, Watson or Mahomes was IDIOCY. 

Totally understand the frustration with not taking a QB but wasn’t Watt picked in the late 20s? Not sure Watt was remotely in the conversation with any of the top 10 teams.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Totally understand the frustration with not taking a QB but wasn’t Watt picked in the late 20s? Not sure Watt was remotely in the conversation with any of the top 10 teams.

All I know is I’m glad we got Darnold at 3.

Never wanted a QB out of that 2017 class!!

• Post of the Week 1

On 7/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, Jetster said:

Lol, you guys do know that offensive lineman have caught TDs on goal line plays right? Fasano has 36 career TDs, Adams should hide in shame because he was the victim of a poorly defensed play. 

Fasano wasn’t the only tight end who lit up Adams last year

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2018 at 12:47 AM, RESNewYork said:

Sure.

You know why I put it up. But for the other posters, it was show how a troll talks about a play, has no idea what goes into said play, and just uses it as a lame excuse to proclaim some kind of indictment on Adams.

As far as defending Adams, no need. He will continue to talk, and care less about what a troll thinks about him. But you'll spend your precious time giving lame reasons as to why he's a bust. Throughout the season you and other Jet fans will smile every time you perceive Adams to play poorly but eventually will come on here, probably around mid season, and say something lame like I'm here to eat crow, Adams is really surprising me and playing well. Good for you bro.

You know, not everyone who criticises the jets or its players is a troll

On 7/6/2018 at 6:47 PM, RESNewYork said:

Sure.

You know why I put it up. But for the other posters, it was show how a troll talks about a play, has no idea what goes into said play, and just uses it as a lame excuse to proclaim some kind of indictment on Adams.

As far as defending Adams, no need. He will continue to talk, and care less about what a troll thinks about him. But you'll spend your precious time giving lame reasons as to why he's a bust. Throughout the season you and other Jet fans will smile every time you perceive Adams to play poorly but eventually will come on here, probably around mid season, and say something lame like I'm here to eat crow, Adams is really surprising me and playing well. Good for you bro.

Jamaal is not a bust nor was he a good pick at the spot he was chosen.  So far he is all talk and not much walk.  Hopefully he improves.

• 10 months later...
On 6/28/2018 at 6:12 PM, T0mShane said:

When you say that Adams isn’t a “finished product,” can you clarify whether or not you’ve ever seen him before he got to the Jets? Because this is what he is, and that’s it. He can’t cover anyone, he’s not an elite athlete, and he’s on the smaller side. He got drafted high because he’s a legacy with a good attitude. What do us think he’s going to become? 

Sheesh

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol

Safe to say that Adams returned the favor

Dude you act like I hate the guy. I don't. I want him to do well. When he does well the team does well. Individual goals are all well and good but for me it's about the team. Shut up and play and he will get no problem from me.

35 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude you act like I hate the guy. I don't. I want him to do well. When he does well the team does well. Individual goals are all well and good but for me it's about the team. Shut up and play and he will get no problem from me.

Im not acting like you hate the guy. 

I just necro'd a pic you put up of Gronk giving Adams "That Work" in his rookie season, and I just wanted to show that just one year later Adams was giving Gronk "That Work", That's all. 

Just waiting for you to acknowledge it like you did his rookie season

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol

Safe to say that Adams returned the favor

Needing not only to start a thread about Adams today, but to bump not one, not two, but three year-old threads just to call out other posters about Adams certainly qualifies as top level douche-nozzle behavior. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Needing not only to start a thread about Adams today, but to bump not one, not two, but three year-old threads just to call out other posters about Adams certainly qualifies as top level douche-nozzle behavior. 

Pathetic. How many threads do we need at the top of the board dumping on one of our better players?

27 minutes ago, slats said:

We should merge these with the 200 “Victor Green Got Snubbed For the Pro Bowl Again” threads.

50 minutes ago, slats said:

I have no problem with that. 

It's the offseason. Im having fun, have fun with me and relax.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We should merge these with the 200 “Victor Green Got Snubbed For the Pro Bowl Again” threads.

Vic was a 7th round pick. So, he was a little short. He was a bit slow, he wasn't great in coverage......hold on, I forgot where I was going with this....

Oh Yeah! Victor Green for HOF!!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 8:14 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Im not acting like you hate the guy. 

I just necro'd a pic you put up of Gronk giving Adams "That Work" in his rookie season, and I just wanted to show that just one year later Adams was giving Gronk "That Work", That's all. 

Just waiting for you to acknowledge it like you did his rookie season

Acknowledge what? Please.

I agree with this article. If Jamal Adams is going to truly break out and become the unquestioned best Safety in the game today (I think he will) then BIG PLAYS are the only thing left to follow. That's the one part of his game that's still missing. That tide changing interception, or that game deciding Strip sack for a touchdown, etc. 

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Been on a Vaycay where cell phones and computer access was not allowed. One of the wife's rules for all family members. Now I am denied? Ouch.

Vaca is a good thing. Im responding from my phone because im with the wife and little one also. I literally cant remember specifically what this was about.

Ill hit you when i get to a computer.

All good brother

• Upvote 1