HOTTER THAN HECK OUTSIDE

joewilly12

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I just saw that it feels like 86 degrees at midnight in Monmouth County, NJ!  That's like my weather out here in Arizona.  Crazy.

At least yours is a dry heat. lol  ( My wife hates when I say that) 101 in Phoenix today.  I love the South West. Yes it's hot but 10% humidity makes it bearable.

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What do you do to keep cool.

Wife,kids and neighbors want to kill me for taking down the pool 2 summers ago. 

Invest in an unground pool?  Put up another above ground?  Buy them all a pool membership? 

I just ordered one of these 

Image result for intex pool pics

We still have our 12X20 above ground pool (17 yrs.) . It's been getting A LOT of use this year so far.

10 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

We still have our 12X20 above ground pool (17 yrs.) . It's been getting A LOT of use this year so far.

Our above ground pool lasted 22 years 1 liner change it was supposed to be temporary I wanted an in ground. Pools are a lot of work but on days like this you miss them. 

I was just out west in Las Vegas last month also.  It's hot no doubt about it but what I noticed is that there aren't as many flying bugs over there.  No mosquitoes to worry about.  I'll take 105 with no mosquitoes any day over the crap out here.  

47 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I was just out west in Las Vegas last month also.  It's hot no doubt about it but what I noticed is that there aren't as many flying bugs over there.  No mosquitoes to worry about.  I'll take 105 with no mosquitoes any day over the crap out here.  

No water = No mosquitoes    Simple math lol 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Our above ground pool lasted 22 years 1 liner change it was supposed to be temporary I wanted an in ground. Pools are a lot of work but on days like this you miss them. 

22 years ! That's great. We've on our 3rd filter, 2nd pump and I had the liner replaced 5 years ago. You are right, it is a lot of work maintaining it, especially the water quality. But it's worth it on days like these last few. Funny thing is that neither the wife nor I swim lol . We do it for the kids.

Im actually considering a very small inground pool that has steps in and a seating area around the entire perimeter. I have calls into multiple pool companies in my area inquiring about this. I may actually take a ride later on to a pool place thats close to where I live and ask some questions. I don't need or want an olympic size pool as no one here swims laps. 

Image result for looking to install a small inground pool

Summer has arrived, believe it or not. We've had two really good weeks. Hit the mid 80s last week here, still in the mid 70s, and now there's been a hosepipe ban brought in in Dublin.

And swimming pools have been declared enemies of the state. The Green Party have gone ballistic at Lidl selling them, and Irish Water are calling on people to snitch on their neighbours if they see them using pools.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:52 PM, Bombdirt said:

If I still had my truck I'd be doing this. 

7ac468d70fb8c3a77c7ff8a468e02972--rednec

Ha! We used to do this with my buddies truck back in the day, it was insane fun driving around town.

We just used duct tape at the seams though,

On 7/1/2018 at 11:23 PM, jetstream23 said:

I just saw that it feels like 86 degrees at midnight in Monmouth County, NJ!  That's like my weather out here in Arizona.  Crazy.

Its gonna be 95 with 100% humidity up here in Maine today..... Im gonna friggin die.

Im taking the boat to the lake dammit!

Archived