How much of your life is a Jets SB worth to you?

jgb

Are you a real fan?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How much of your life would you surrender for a Jets SB victory?

• 1+ year (No real sacrifice as I plan to kill myself with booze, coke and women right after they win anyway)
    • 6-12 months (Eh, life ain't that great anyway)
    • 3-6 months (about the length of the NFL season itself)
    • 1-3 months (A blink of an eye compared to a lifetime of rubbing Chowd faces in a non-asteriked championship)
    • a few weeks (About as long as the euphoria of the win will last)
    • Zero. Nothing. Zilch. (Knowing my luck, if I gave up an hour I'd die during halftime of the very Superbowl I sacrificed that time for the Jets to win)

I mean I can give the Jets a week. Especially if later I can throw it in the face of every mother f*cker that says "Were you even alive when they won" 

F*ck you, you pretentious bandwagon, POS, mother f*cker.

All of it, I was 6 when they won Super Bowl 3 I have yearned for more since 1969 and I have stuck with this team through it all mostly bad 2009-2010 was great hoping for this team to reward all of us with a dynasty run winning multiple Super Bowls. 

Ive said it a million times the year the Ny Jets win the AFC Championship game giving them a Super Bowl berth I will drop dead. 

31 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I’ve always said that I can’t die until the Jets win a Super Bowl. I figure I’m gonna live to 100 but somehow I’m getting a feeling that I might not make it that long. I’m 54 now. 

You at the Jets Lombardi ceremony

Image result for brains in a jar

10 years ago at 20 years old, Ive give it all up. I would have been willing to die the day after the super bowl at 20-years-old and I would have meant that. 

Now at 30, I'm not even half invested in this team as I was when I started posting on JN in 2007. Ive come to realize there are a lot of things that matter more in life than this damn team and I'm fine with that. I stopped letting them piss me off and stopped yelling at the tv a long time ago. 

This team is still my #1 sports team i follow, when i was 20 it was my life, now its just a hobby. 

TL;DR - Zero. I'd give Zero

Upon contemplation, I thought WWWJD?  I then realized the true purpose of being a jets fan is to not give a Fvck about a team where the owner will ensure we never win anything in his lifetime. Zero division wins since woody bought the team, quite an accomplishment (insert insulting expletives here) So yeah I’ll start caring when woody does...until then, lets go Yankees!

Zero, life is too short baby, although the thought of ending it on booze, coke and women made me think twice about my vote, but after reflection, I remembered that booze, many drugs, and/or women have been used to recover from Jets losses for years, a SB victory might enable sobriety and a longer life :)

The real question should be how much longer would you live if the Jets won a SB

45 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

10 years ago at 20 years old, Ive give it all up. I would have been willing to die the day after the super bowl at 20-years-old and I would have meant that. 

Now at 30, I'm not even half invested in this team as I was when I started posting on JN in 2007. Ive come to realize there are a lot of things that matter more in life than this damn team and I'm fine with that. I stopped letting them piss me off and stopped yelling at the tv a long time ago. 

This team is still my #1 sports team i follow, when i was 20 it was my life, now its just a hobby. 

one benefit of getting older

4 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

You've grown up so much ?=D>

4 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Yep. I still love my Jets but they play in a league 100% not worth caring about. 

16 hours ago, jgb said:

Given all the debate about what makes a "real" Jets fan, let's separate the fans from the fanatics. What would you personally sacrifice for a Jets title?

if i could edit all and take out all the years of mindless soul crushing suffering...  yeah i'd do THAT

Well I just turned 63 and realistically I probably have 10 good years left? Maybe? I was 14 when Broadway Joe delivered on his guarantee so I've already seen them win a Super Bowl and a League changing one at that. I would love to see them win another before I die but I just have no time to spare. So I guess the answer is none. If I was in my 20's though and suffered through this last period of time in Jets History I would probably give up 10. Either way good times are coming, just be patient.

Archived