Ben McAdoo doesn’t like the way Sam Darnold throws the football

Gas2No99

On 7/13/2018 at 11:37 AM, KRL said:

Asking that boob's opinion about QB's is like asking the captain of the Titanic how to steer
a ship.  Who cares what he says?  Mcadoo ranking Allen as the best QB in the draft tells you
all you need to know about his "expertise"   

Hired young. Fired young.  Quite an accomplishment, I would say.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree 100%

The guy who Darnold reminds me the most of all is Otto Graham (my second favorite QB of All Time)

I love the numbers.  60 for a QB.  56 for a receiver.  That was when QBs were football players and not just QBs.  Guys like Otto, and even Kapp, got to the the big game with their pedestrian throwing motions.  I think of Sam as a football player.  He will do anything to make a play.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:57 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I never did any of this.  Nowhere in my posts were there excuses for Allen, or even any analysis of Allen as a QB.  There was a post that claimed that Rosen and Darnold had WRs that were as bad as Allen's PLUS they play in a tougher conference.  The idea is laughable and it is what I was responding to.  Nothing against you, but there were at least 5 posts pointing out the caliber of the defense WHICH IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE POINT I MADE AND I REFERENCED THAT THE LEVEL OF ALLEN'S COMPETITION WAS LOWER IN MY POST(S).

Saying stupid sh*t like "Newsflash!!" might make you feel better, but answer this question - who had better WRs Allen, Darnold or Rosen?  That is the ONLY thing I was discussing.

Darnold and Rosen had better WRs who were covered by better CBs while both QBs were rushed by better D-Lines while facing more complex D's. Feel better?

Watched a ton of tape last night.  The ball does occasionally sail on Darnold when under duress.  Other throws are simply phenomenal how he can thread the needle

has natural ability to split the safety and other defenders

But hey, the crappy fired Giants ex-HC who struggled to score points with Beckham and Eli thinks he sucks

17 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

And yet the pros have not told him to go. I thought you were talking about his career. He'll be remembered  more than Simms for many more years. And quite frankly he will do way better this year than last year.

and we know teams don't make mistakes.  It's all everyone else's fault, never mind Eli has been starting while the giants have missed the playoffs 7 of the last 9 years and one of the years they made the playoffs he led an offense w/ Odell beckham to 17 PPG.  The players have changed, the coaches have changed, everything has changed except QB which is why the results have stayed the same.

it would be hard to do worse than last year though he wasn't much worse last year than 2 years ago when he had beckham around.

whether he's remembered or not is meaningless, he's been a mediocre QB the majority of his career and has been downright bad the last 4-5 years.  the giants made a colossal mistake passing on a QB and this coach and GM will join the coaches/GMs fired b/c of Eli.  In less than 3 years Eli got 2 HCs fired and a GM.  2-3 years from now we'll see more b/c of their "belief" in Eli.

and by the way, 1 "pro" was telling him to go but he got fired b/c we live in a social media world where teams worry about what nitwit fans think(the same nitwit fans that wanted Eli gone even after he was part of a SB team).  You can make fun of McAdoo all you want but he inherited a team that missed the playoffs 4 straight years and 6 of 7 and led them to 11 wins and the playoffs w/ a QB that led his O(w/ beckham) to just 17 PPG.

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

and we know teams don't make mistakes.  It's all everyone else's fault, never mind Eli has been starting while the giants have missed the playoffs 7 of the last 9 years and one of the years they made the playoffs he led an offense w/ Odell beckham to 17 PPG.  The players have changed, the coaches have changed, everything has changed except QB which is why the results have stayed the same.

it would be hard to do worse than last year though he wasn't much worse last year than 2 years ago when he had beckham around.

whether he's remembered or not is meaningless, he's been a mediocre QB the majority of his career and has been downright bad the last 4-5 years.  the giants made a colossal mistake passing on a QB and this coach and GM will join the coaches/GMs fired b/c of Eli.  In less than 3 years Eli got 2 HCs fired and a GM.  2-3 years from now we'll see more b/c of their "belief" in Eli.

and by the way, 1 "pro" was telling him to go but he got fired b/c we live in a social media world where teams worry about what nitwit fans think(the same nitwit fans that wanted Eli gone even after he was part of a SB team).  You can make fun of McAdoo all you want but he inherited a team that missed the playoffs 4 straight years and 6 of 7 and led them to 11 wins and the playoffs w/ a QB that led his O(w/ beckham) to just 17 PPG.

A Jets fan is complaining  about a team that made the playoffs twice on 9 years....lol. the Giants are never going to have A Jets/Browns type wins gap. They average a SB every decade and have made playoffs every 2.7 years. Eli  has 2 SB wins.

The Giants are just fine, thank you. 

On 7/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, HelenOfTroy said:

Thanks for the link...

I love when Darnold's College coach said this in that article...  

“I’ll say this: There’s no more fierce competitor in football than Sam Darnold,” Helton said. “In my 24 years, I’ve never been around a guy that competes harder and has no fear of competition. He’s also a guy that does not worry about popular opinion. He’s always gonna do what he feels is best in the moment."

And this......

“From my standpoint, being a quarterback coach by trade, they’re gonna get a kid that’s a great decision-maker, that gets the ball out on time and is extremely accurate. And at the end of the day, they’re getting a kid that produces wins. And that’s the greatest attribute of a quarterback. You don’t see a lot of great quarterbacks on bad teams.”

Or this......

“The other thing that he does as far as leadership in my mind is he sets it as an example of what it is to be a pro and pro work ethic. I mean, every day he shows up to work and shows what the work ethic is for our organization. There are no bad days for him. And it was infectious with our team.”

I for one LOVE IT!!!  :) 

Yeah, and the Giants organization doesn't like the way Ben McAdoo coaches football. Quote below says it all for me. Um yeah, you're a coach it's your job to make players better as opposed to taking credit for players who are already great without you.

“He can overcome it, guys have, but that’s something that’s a challenge for me. I’m gonna be looking at that, trying to fix it, because it’s a fundamental flaw, and I believe in the fundamentals. The quarterback, his No. 1 job is to pass the football. If I don’t like the way he throws the ball, I have a hard time picking him, right?’’

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Hackenberg said:

A Jets fan is complaining  about a team that made the playoffs twice on 9 years....lol. the Giants are never going to have A Jets/Browns type wins gap. They average a SB every decade and have made playoffs every 2.7 years. Eli  has 2 SB wins.

The Giants are just fine, thank you. 

The giants went almost 20 years btw playoff apps from the early 60s to early 80s. 

The giants have missed the playoffs 7 of 9 seasons, in those same 9 seasons we missed 7 times as well.

the giants have won postseason games just TWO times since 2001 and just 3 times since 1994. 

Please don't compare us to the browns and the giants to the great franchises in this sport. the giants have basically been us w/ good luck the last 25 years. 

13 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The giants went almost 20 years btw playoff apps from the early 60s to early 80s. 

The giants have missed the playoffs 7 of 9 seasons, in those same 9 seasons we missed 7 times as well.

the giants have won postseason games just TWO times since 2001 and just 3 times since 1994. 

Please don't compare us to the browns and the giants to the great franchises in this sport. the giants have basically been us w/ good luck the last 25 years. 

Lol oh Jesus Christmas. Such a feeble attempt at hope. The Giants and the Packers are the damn godfathers of the league. Their over all histories are that of a winner, and quite frankly  the Browns are superior  to the Jets historically.  The Jets are still a  teen ager in the nfl with a one shot wonder to brag about.

The Jets are the Giants  bitch whether you like it or not.  And thanks to Barkley, that gap  will widen again. 

2007,2011, Giants win a SB. Twice between those years, the Jets went to a conference  championship  and lost ...which is impressive  and successful  in itself  and NY/NJ wins no matter what lol.

But the Jets still lost the big one again..twice...and wasn't that a conf championship vs Denver /Elway ,years ago.

11 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol oh Jesus Christmas. Such a feeble attempt at hope. The Giants and the Packers are the damn godfathers of the league. Their over all histories are that of a winner, and quite frankly  the Browns are superior  to the Jets historically.  The Jets are still a  teen ager in the nfl with a one shot wonder to brag about.

The Jets are the Giants  bitch whether you like it or not.  And thanks to Barkley, that gap  will widen again. 

2007,2011, Giants win a SB. Twice between those years, the Jets went to a conference  championship  and lost ...which is impressive  and successful  in itself  and NY/NJ wins no matter what lol.

But the Jets still lost the big one again..twice...and wasn't that a conf championship vs Denver /Elway ,years ago.

The giants in the pre merger era were known for losing championship games. 

The Giants from 1925-1965 won a grand total of 4 championships w/ one of them coming w/o having to win a championship game as they beat out the providence steam rollers, Cleveland Bulldogs, Frankford Yellow Jackets, New York Yankees, Dayton Triangles, Duluth Eskimos and more!

In NFL championship games the Giants went 3-11.

The packers won 3 championships in the pre championship game era but they went 8-3 in NFL championship games.

total pre merger championships:

Packers 11

Giants 4

yeah they were almost identical!

The Jets suck but the giants are not the Yankees of football and again since 1994 they have won playoff games in exactly 3 postseasons.

Barkley is going to be a good player, he's not going to be Tiki Barber 2004-2006 and Eli couldn't win w/ Tiki.  The giants QB is terrible and now old as well. 

there weren't much difference btw the '07/'11 giants and '09/'10 Jets other than a few breaks for the giants and their D/STs playing better. 

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Giants from 1925-1965 won a grand total of 4 championships w/ one of them coming w/o having to win a championship game as they beat out the providence steam rollers, Cleveland Bulldogs, Frankford Yellow Jackets, New York Yankees, Dayton Triangles, Duluth Eskimos and more!

The packers won 3 championships in the pre championship game era but they went 8-3 in NFL championship games.

Packers 11

Giants 4

The Jets suck but the giants are not the Yankees of football and again since 1994 they have won playoff games in exactly 3 postseasons.

Barkley is going to be a good player, he's not going to be Tiki Barber 2004-2006 and Eli couldn't win w/ Tiki.  The giants QB is terrible and now old as well. 

there weren't much difference btw the '07/'11 giants and '09/'10 Jets other than a few breaks for the giants and their D/STs playing better. 

TLDNR smoke and mirrors and silliness.

Answer this. Where do the NYG rank in the Super Bowl era? Appearances? Win pct?

Here it comes. A bunch of words, numbers, opinions that have nothing to do with the question.

40 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

TLDNR smoke and mirrors and silliness.

Answer this. Where do the NYG rank in the Super Bowl era? Appearances? Win pct?

Here it comes. A bunch of words, numbers, opinions that have nothing to do with the question.

They have a lower SB win % than us.

They had a great run from 1984-1990 then had 2 fluky SB wins in 2007/2011 w/ neither team being great.  They are not the Steelers, the Pats, Cowboys, Niners, etc...  just like they were not the Packers pre merger but please keep telling us all about your favorite team.

56 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They had a great run from 1984-1990 then had 2 fluky SB wins in 2007/2011 w/ neither team being great.  They are not the Steelers, the Pats, Cowboys, Niners, etc...  just like they were not the Packers pre merger but please keep telling us all about your favorite team.

Do you ever tire of embarrassing yourself?

Oh and just like I predicted you didnt answer the question.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

This is all in fun bro. Just silly sports banter, not to be taken seriously  or personally. But your math might be backwards just a bit :).

my favorite  team is the Rams actually..but I don't  really have a  "favorite" team anymore. I'm 53 and realize Sports is entertainment  that I don't waste emotion on. This is season 99 and 100 coming up the next two years. Maybe the nfl will allow the Jets to be winners during the next 100 cycle...

Don't You think its fishy that in all these years ,when one team does well, the other one doesn't. Especially  since they share a stadium...

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Packers 11

Giants 4

So, in 53 SB years, they went to 5 and won 4. Between 1925-65, they won 4.

Bro, that's  a championship  appearance once every 10 years on average. 

That' slightly  unfair to compare a team that' only existed since the 60s lol but it is..what it is :)

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The Steelers didn't win till the SB era, they are superior  to the Steelers. The Cowboys have been arguably  more successful  in the SB era...but who gave them.Landry....mmm?

The Packers have more championships then anyone...but who  gave them Lombardi.....? 

The Pats only have this 15 year patch of success.After this,they'l be pedestrian  for another 50 years....but wait....where did Belichick  come from....? Lol

All things flow through the Giants)))) they are the alpha and omega , the yin and yang of the NFL.

Even the Jets stole from them..because aren't  Titans considered physically large Giants in history? Mmm?

21 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Do you ever tire of embarrassing yourself?

Oh and just like I predicted you didnt answer the question.

follow along in the discussion please.  I know it's hard for you.

This is all in fun bro. Just silly sports banter, not to be taken seriously  or personally. But your math might be backwards just a bit :).

my favorite  team is the Rams actually..but I don't  really have a  "favorite" team anymore. I'm 53 and realize Sports is entertainment  that I don't waste emotion on. This is season 99 and 100 coming up the next two years. Maybe the nfl will allow the Jets to be winners during the next 100 cycle...

Don't You think its fishy that in all these years ,when one team does well, the other one doesn't. Especially  since they share a stadium...

I know it's fun, that's why I'm here.

There weren't many teams when the giants were winning their NFL titles and they only won 3 championship games.  They were not the Yankees or the Celtics.

we suck, there's no debating that but the giants have not been very good since Parcells left.  yes they have the 2 great runs but those were not great teams, they got hot at the right time and got very fortunate.  Since 1994 they have playoff wins in only 3 seasons, this is not some great franchise. 

would I rather have their success? of course but let's stop treating the giants like they are a premiere franchise.

So, in 53 SB years, they went to 5 and won 4. Between 1925-65, they won 4.

Bro, that's  a championship  appearance once every 10 years on average. 

That' slightly  unfair to compare a team that' only existed since the 60s lol but it is..what it is :)

They won 3 NFL title games from 1925 or so through 1969.  That's not a lot.  then they won a pair in 2 different 4 year spans.  they haven't been consistently near the top for a long time.  They had 1984-1990 and 2007-2011(where they missed the playoffs 2 of those 5 years).

There's no comparison btw us and them all time but that won't stop me from talking realistic about them.

The Steelers didn't win till the SB era, they are superior  to the Steelers. The Cowboys have been arguably  more successful  in the SB era...but who gave them.Landry....mmm?

The Packers have more championships then anyone...but who  gave them Lombardi.....? 

The Pats only have this 15 year patch of success.After this,they'l be pedestrian  for another 50 years....but wait....where did Belichick  come from....? Lol

All things flow through the Giants)))) they are the alpha and omega , the yin and yang of the NFL.

Even the Jets stole from them..because aren't  Titans considered physically large Giants in history? Mmm?

They are superior to Pitt in the pre merger eras, they are not close to Pitt since the merger. In SBs alone Pitt has won 6, in all championship games(NFL title games pre SB era and SBs in SB era) the giants have only won 1 more.

SB era:

div titles:

NYG 8

Pitt 23

playoff apps:

NYG 16

Pitt 30

playoff wins:

NYG 20

Pitt 36

Sustained success w/o the fluky title seasons. the giants do not compare in any way to Pitt during the SB era.

the cowboys have been arguably more successful? I get they have had a rough patch most of the last 20 years but they are more successful in every way in the SB era.

div titles:

NYG 8

Dal 23

playoff apps:

NYG 16

Dal 32

Playoff wins:

NYG 20

Dal 34

you want to say it's just b/c of Landry?

Post Landry(1989-current):

div titles:

NYG 7

Dal 10

Playoff apps:

NYG 12

Dal 14

Playoff wins:

NYG 14

Dal 13

Dallas has been much more successful in the SB era, they aren't even comparable.  they are closer post landry but Dallas still comes out on top.

wait, so b/c the giants were dumb enough to have Landry and Lombardi on staff and not hire either one they are responsible for the Lombardi and Landry dynasties?

The Pats have practically done more in these 17 years w/ Brady than NYG has for almost 100 years. they will fall once #12 retires but they have been on a run never seen before in history.

didn't the Jets give NE Bill Belichick? and BB was a coach w/ the Colts, Lions and Broncos before going to the giants and let's not forget BB is a complete failure as a HC w/o the greatest QB of all time.

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

follow along in the discussion please.  I know it's hard for you.

Sorry and I thank you for your patience. Your elongated, wordy, numbers infused, nonsensical diatribes have now made it clear that the NYG's long history of success is illusionary, a mirage, smoke and mirrors, and many of us when looking at their list of NFL titles and Superbowls simply respond as envious Jets fans when in reality they have no history of success, past or present for us to actually be envious of.

On 7/13/2018 at 12:20 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

We all know about darnolds throwing motion.  He just needs to shorten it a bit.  Hes not byron leftwich bad, but it needs to be worked on.

im sure the coaching staff has addressed it already.

Coming out of college Phillip Rivers throwing motion was severely criticized yet he's had a long accomplished career.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:20 PM, Hackenberg said:

Sam Darnold,  is like being named Browning Nagle. He's' already  a loser.

Oh, and if  anyone has any Browning Nagle trading cards,please send them to me.

How many do you need ?

16 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Coming out of college Phillip Rivers throwing motion was severely criticized yet he's had a long accomplished career.

He's put up excellent #s but he is incredibly overrated.  That man was handed the most talented team in the AFC(maybe the NFL) when he took over and the only time he even reach a conf title game happened after he got hurt and Billy Volek led the GW TD drive at Indy in the 2007 postseason.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

He's put up excellent #s but he is incredibly overrated.  That man was handed the most talented team in the AFC(maybe the NFL) when he took over and the only time he even reach a conf title game happened after he got hurt and Billy Volek led the GW TD drive at Indy in the 2007 postseason.

And Rivers is still a top 5 or 6 qb with a way less talented team today

16 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Since when did throwing motion become more important than the ability to read defenses, accuracy and split defenders?

And it’s not like Darnold has a long release like Byron Leftwich — just qb “gurus” like McAdoo who is a proven dud as a coach nitpick it

On 7/24/2018 at 10:03 AM, nyjunc said:

I’d take a fluky SB win in a second! And for 2, I’d practically sell my soul. 

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And Rivers is still a top 5 or 6 qb with a way less talented team today

he's not a top 5/6 QB. he's a top 5/6 stat guy.  he is awesome in meaningless situations or to get a game close but not finish the job.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I’d take a fluky SB win in a second! And for 2, I’d practically sell my soul. 

absolutely, I'd take Eli's career from Sam meaning he'd have 2 SB rings.  we almost had that w/ Mark.  If our D/STs played like Eli's D's in those 2 runs we'd have won 1-2 SBs.

I like Eli, he was once a quality starter.  a guy you could win w/ if you had the right pieces around him.  My criticism of Eli comes from people calling him a Hall of Famer.  he doesn't even belong in that discussion as he was never a top QB in this league.  he's had great moments but has never been great.

Just now, nyjunc said:

he's not a top 5/6 QB. he's a top 5/6 stat guy.  he is awesome in meaningless situations or to get a game close but not finish the job.

absolutely, I'd take Eli's career from Sam meaning he'd have 2 SB rings.  we almost had that w/ Mark.  If our D/STs played like Eli's D's in those 2 runs we'd have won 1-2 SBs.

I like Eli, he was once a quality starter.  a guy you could win w/ if you had the right pieces around him.  My criticism of Eli comes from people calling him a Hall of Famer.  he doesn't even belong in that discussion as he was never a top QB in this league.  he's had great moments but has never been great.

Rivers isn’t a top 6 qb?  Ok

Archived