July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I've got 30 or so in mind I'll be more than happy with.  So no need to run out and get one now.  I can afford to wait a bit and load up elsewhere.  Favre threw 3 TD's to Chansi Stuckey for pete's sake. 

I am scoring on reputation 

Ed McCaffrey ain't gonna cut it 

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Really not a possibility.  Can't just thrown Johnny Unitas back into the pool.  There might be people who were targeting him who now would miss out on him. 

nycdan is up! 

So just exclude them. It's only two players

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Anyone else having trouble with the spread sheet on IPhones? It’s impossible to read and zooming in isn’t working. There’s a big grey box. I have no idea what number we’re at. 

# 39 overall.  You're # 47. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Anyone else having trouble with the spread sheet on IPhones? It’s impossible to read and zooming in isn’t working. There’s a big grey box. I have no idea what number we’re at. 

Unfortunatley the spreadsheet does not work well with phones -- I can barely get by with it on my tablet.  Here are the last few picks and those coming up:

28 Rod Woodson 21 Stark D DB
29 Eric Dickerson 20 Dunnie O RB
30 Earl Campbell 19 Long Island Leprechaun O RB
31 Night Train Lane* 18 #27theDominator D DB
32 Brett Favre* 17 JetsFan80 O QB
33 Tony Gonzalez 16 Sourceworx O TE
34 Aaron Rodgers 15 KingP O QB
35 Derrick Thomas* 14 Obrien2Toon D LB
36 Walter Jones* 13 Jetlife33 O OL
37 Drew Brees 12 Nycdan O QB
38   11 BombDirt    
39   10 BigO    
40   9 UntouchableCrew    
41   8 nyjunc    
42   7 Patriot Killa    
43   6 HessStation    
44   5 T0mShane    
45   4 Paradis    
46   3 HawkeyeJet    
47   2 New York Mick    

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There might be people who were targeting him who now would miss out on him. 

Which is why I have to quit the draft, when I signed up I didn’t know the draft was going to be 3 weeks later during the one week I work nights a month, missing out on 5 studs I wanted when I picked sucked.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Which is why I have to quit the draft, when I signed up I didn’t know the draft was going to be 3 weeks later during the one week I work nights a month, missing out on 5 studs I wanted when I picked sucked.

Sorry man. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lupz dopped out after the Sayers pick. He won't be able to make any other picks. 

So we'd just ignore that pick and move forward with 22 teams.  I already tagged both jetstream and Dcat to see if they want in. 

Thanks fellas but I'm going to pretty much be a no-show for the next day and half as the family vacation gets started in the morning with a 5 hour flight.  Appreciate the offer.

Besides, I'm usually better just being critical, bashing everyone else's picks and not having any responsibility or repercussions! :D   I'm kinda like an ESPN analyst!!! lol

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Thanks fellas but I'm going to pretty much be a no-show for the next day and half as the family vacation gets started in the morning with a 5 hour flight.  Appreciate the offer.

Besides, I'm usually better just being critical, bashing everyone else's picks and not having any responsibility or repercussions! :D   I'm kinda like an ESPN analyst!!! lol

Well buckle up because I’m about to make one ridiculous ass pick now that I have no decent QB to choose from. #Balls2DaWalls

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s prepping for a far more important draft, that being the naked women draft you guys have goin in the Lounge.

That ended.  Larz won the draft. 

Hess finished last because he drafted Burt Reynolds and a male bodybuilder. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That ended.  Larz won the draft. 

Hess finished last because he drafted Burt Reynolds and a male bodybuilder. 

Ha!  I found a way to insert myself into that as well, just lobbing in a vote at the last minute and trying to force overtime.  We should have all learned something from the World Cup too.....When it comes to women in the "200,000" thread it's best to just keep rooting for a draw and eventually get to penalty kicks! lol

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Really isn’t man. I checked the top 25 QB’s of all time list lmaooo.. who am I gonna grab Otto Graham? Warren Moon? 

Actually on second thought...

Honestly there is a guy from the 60s/70s and another from the 70s/80s that I was very tempted to take.  Two from the 60s/70s actually.  Different kinds of players but if you like mobile quarterbacks who could sling it hard, there are some really good options.

28 Rod Woodson 21 Stark D DB
29 Eric Dickerson 20 Dunnie O RB
30 Earl Campbell 19 Long Island Leprechaun O RB
31 Night Train Lane* 18 #27theDominator D DB
32 Brett Favre* 17 JetsFan80 O QB
33 Tony Gonzalez 16 Sourceworx O TE
34 Aaron Rodgers 15 KingP O QB
35 Derrick Thomas* 14 Obrien2Toon D LB
36 Walter Jones* 13 Jetlife33 O OL
37 Drew Brees 12 Nycdan O QB
38 ---------------- 11 BombDirt    
39 Alan Page 10 BigO D DT
40 Ed Reed 9 UntouchableCrew D S
41   8 nyjunc    
42   7 Patriot Killa    
43   6 HessStation    
44   5 T0mShane    
45   4 Paradis    
46   3 HawkeyeJet    
47   2 New York Mick    

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Best DT of all-time. 

I think that's a stretch or at least highly debatable.  There's even one guy who hasn't been drafted yet who I think many would rank higher IMO.  But he was absolutely one of the greatest.  

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think that's a stretch.  There's even one guy who hasn't been drafted yet who most would rank higher IMO.  But he was absolutely one of the greatest. 

He was ahead of his time, the first true pass-rushing DT.  They didn't keep track of sacks then of course, but he had 148.5 in his career.  That would put him 6th all-time, and by far the most by a DT ever.  Another one of those "game-changers" not unlike Lawrence Taylor. 

Archived