Le'Veon Bell, Steelers fail to reach long-term deal, 2018 to be last in Pittsburgh

jetstream23

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It's physically fall off the edge of a cliff time. The guy wants Revis money. Our money is buying the Jets an edge rusher in 2019.

Problem is big time pass rushers hitting the FA market is as rare as franchise qbs hitting free agency.  Our money needs to be spent on O-line and WR next year 

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Problem is big time pass rushers hitting the FA market is as rare as franchise qbs hitting free agency.  Our money needs to be spent on O-line and WR next year 

Agree about Oline, but WR? I guess if Stephon Diggs became available, that dude is rising quickly.

Just now, Jetster said:

Agree about Oline, but WR? I guess if Stephon Diggs became available, that dude is rising quickly.p

I’m not a Terrelle Pryor fan and Enunwa’s neck scares me plus we don’t have an NFL Tight End on the roster.  Brandon Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Jarvis Landry, Greg Olsen and Delanie Walker are all free agents next year.  

the steelers are playing this smart.  bell is going to be one year older after this season and probably on the decline.  there's no reason for the steelers or any team to give him elite money for past performance.  it's a show me league. however, it would be too bad if bell did get injured.  hopefully he still plays with good technique and training to avoid injury.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the steelers are playing this smart.  bell is going to be one year older after this season and probably on the decline.  there's no reason for the steelers or any team to give him elite money for past performance.  it's a show me league. however, it would be too bad if bell did get injured.  hopefully he still plays with good technique and training to avoid injury.

They have to pay Antonio Brown huge money starting next off season

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

That’s essentially what they have already accomplished. They stalled and stalled negotiations with no intent to actually come close to what Bell is wanting while simultaneously using him as much as they can before it’s time to cut em’ loose. 

He’ll play on the franchise tag again and then he’ll be 28 and closing in on his last 3 or 4 years when he plays for a brand new team.

I think Bell's franchise tag number will be north of $20M next season. I can't imagine the Steelers paying that for a RB. He'll be a free agent. Someone will overpay him, and I hope it's not the Jets. Dennison is the guy who made stars out of nobody RBs with the Broncos. I'm sure that's the model the Jets are looking to follow. 

No.

N-O

NO

NO NO NO

Very seldom does it work to sign a RB to a high FA contract.

DRAFT your RB's in the first couple of rounds, or a later round guy who falls.  Don't spend money on this.  OL and Pass rusher is where to spend that money, since we haven't had much interest in drafting those positions high for quite some time.

I mean, I get he's probably the best RB in the league right now but is there really a team that will give him more then 14.5/year?? 

Jets, Bills, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Colts, Texans will have the most cap space next year in that order. 

Maybe the Texans? 

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I mean, I get he's probably the best RB in the league right now but is there really a team that will give him more then 14.5/year?? 

Jets, Bills, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Colts, Texans will have the most cap space next year in that order. 

Maybe the Texans? 

To answer your question, no one will. Devante Freeman is the next highest paid  RB at under $9 Million.

Levian's value is at it's highest point. With 1 more year under his belt, and the chance of injury, his value could only go down.

Blame the agent for not talking sense into him and getting a deal done.

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hope he never gets paid. And no I don’t want that selfish **** around us. 

lol love how people call a guy trying to get the most money he can, especially at a position that's looked at as easily replaceable, as selfish. 

28 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Maybe the Texans? 

Maybe.  But it seems like there's a crop of new talent that's going to push him.  Gurley, Elliott and Fournette to name a few.  Probably add Barkley to that list soon.  Maybe something's changing in the game but he's not a unicorn. 

Remind me when the Steelers last won a Super Bowl? I don't remember seeing Bell holding up the Lombardi trophy.

Add up the salaries of the RBs that played in the last Super Bowl.

Eagles- Blount (2.8 mill), Ajayi (1.9 mill), Clement (558 thou)- 5.2 million total

Patriots- Burkhead (3.15 mill), White (4 mill), Lewis (1.2 mill)- 8.35 million total

Leveon Bell- 2017 (12.12 million), 2018 (14.49 million) 

Absolutely NOT to signing Bell in 2019. You could in theory sign Lewan & Marpet for a bit more. 

19 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

lol love how people call a guy trying to get the most money he can, especially at a position that's looked at as easily replaceable, as selfish. 

I only hate him cause he clowned us on social media. 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

Hello no. That is not how you build a team. Spend/overpay for OL and throw anyone behind there to run. 3 good backs are better than 1 superstar IMHO. He’s old for 27 with the way Pittsburgh is running him into the ground. That’s the smart way to handle a great running back. Run him into ground, franchise and dump. 6 years is more than enough. 

This is spot on, why would you overpay for a used car that has limited mileage left?

On 7/17/2018 at 7:07 AM, MDL_JET said:

Maybe the Texans? 

Of that list, which doesn't mean much; any team that thinks they are a legit SB contender may decide that Bell is the piece to put them over the top, and will make cap space.  

Jets -- maybe

Bills -- maybe, McCoy seems to be on the way out

Rams -- Todd Gurley

Seahawks -- 2017 first rd pick, Rashad Penny

Bengals -- Joe Mixon

Colts -- maybe

Texans -- Lamar Miller/D'onta Forman

On 7/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, MDL_JET said:

I hope  he gets  every penny he can...but not from the NY Jets

On 7/16/2018 at 8:04 PM, jetstream23 said:

I also think that after this season Bell will never perform up to the level he as these past few years.  I mean, why would he.  He's been hungry for the big payday and after landing a 5-year deal with someone in 2019 I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the foot of the accelerator and starts easing up.

like Mevi$

Archived