Revis officially retires

tfine

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

At his peak there was no one better. It's a shame he never regained that form after the 2012 injury though he was a great player again just not at that ridiculous level pre injury.

no doubt.  the guy had a few tremendously awesome years as a cornerback.

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay.  most likely he'll get into the hof. is he going to retire as a jet?  patsie?  buc?

Probably a Chief. No one else would pay him to sign a one day contract. 

He was my favorite player and ruined my perception of him based on his selfishness and inability to maintain his playing level. Add the fact that he won a super bowl with the Pats and dogged it when he came back to us. Self absorbed delusional douche. Those 2 seasons in 09,10 still blow my mind and I thank him for being a major contributing factor to that exciting time and doing something unheard of. His negatives pretty much negate all of that though in my eyes. 

Greatest Jet I've ever seen. 

Something to take note of. Darrelle Revis and Sam Darnold have a connection. One of the draft picks sent to Indy was a second rounder we got from Seattle for Sheldon Richardson, who we obviously drafted with the draft pick we got from Tampa when we traded Revis. 

For as much as I hated Revis back in the day, at least we knew where he stood. He wasn't a phony or a coward, he simply entered the NFL with one goal in mind, and that was to maximize his earning capacity. It takes a little away from the love, but he is still an all time great Jet. 

I appreciate him significantly more than a coward like John Tavares who held himself out as captain and the face of the franchise and loyal guy only to be a traitor. 

51 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Greatest Jet I've ever seen. 

Something to take note of. Darrelle Revis and Sam Darnold have a connection. One of the draft picks sent to Indy was a second rounder we got from Seattle for Sheldon Richardson, who we obviously drafted with the draft pick we got from Tampa when we traded Revis. 

Totally disagree with this statement. Greatest single Jet season we've ever seen is more like it.

I can think o f several other Jet players I am much prouder of than him.

Great player, in his prime he was 2nd only to Primetime as far as coverage skills.

It's funny to see most of our fanbase hate him because he's a great businessman who chose to maximize his earnings as much as possible. But also knowing this fanbase, it's not surprising.

Congrats to Darrelle Revis on a great career

1 minute ago, King P said:

Great player, in his prime he was 2nd only to Primetime as far as coverage skills.

It's funny to see most of our fanbase hate him because he's a great businessman who chose to maximize his earnings as much as possible. But also knowing this fanbase, it's not surprising.

Congrats to Darrelle Revis on a great career

He was a better cover corner than deion. Deion didn't follow top wrs around and he took more chances to make big plays which also allowed him to get beat.  Deion was the greatest playmaker at corner, revis the best cover corner.

lmfao - Revis is an absolute douche bag at the highest level. 

The sh*t that comes out of his mouth is unreal.  

It's been an honor to showcase your greatest gift to the world?  lmfao  What a ******* piece of sh*t. 

Archived