Revis officially retires

tfine

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

doesnt belong in the HOF. v. good player. not nearly enough INTs/TDs to be HOF

Lack of INTs means opposing QBs were scared to throw his way.  The more ints a DB had usually means they have many more opportunities but Revis shut down the greatest WRs in the game.

As far as TDs, Revis had 3 in 145 games.

Bailey had 4 in 215 so I guess he doesn't belong?

Mel Blount had 2

Mike Haynes had 2

Etc...

Jet fans just love to hate Revis for some reason

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

He revived the shut down corner?  It was nearly extinct?  History was challenged every Sunday?

He's the Kanye West of Football.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

F DARRELLE REVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He must have stole your girlfriend or something.

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

I see he hired Ricky Hendersons old speech writer.

What a pile of crap...  just go away.

Your a Jet fan? He was one of most skilled player's the Jets  ever had. And he played hard every Sunday. He wanted top dollar for his service's and teams payed it. Good for him. Blame the owners for overpaying for his services and dozens of other players.

he was a great player for the jets-for a short period of time he was crazy good shutting down everybody and and anybody-he locked down anybody and everybody and accepted the shadow role against the games best

I dont blame him one bit for chasing money -the NFL teams have no loyalty to the players and dump them in a heartbeat even after injury. Revis to his credit was able to leverage his skills into controlling his own destiny and getting paid. 

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

no hate.

not impactful enough to be a HOFer.

not close to deion skills. 

Nobody threw his way. If they did, he would have piled up the interceptions. Much better tackler than Deion. Not as spectacular as Deion, but a more complete player

IDC about you other fans that want to sh*t on him for getting a ring he deserved with that talent. 

I was happy for him not for anyone else in the Pats organization. 

But he was one of the best to me and I will always consider him a Jet.

The guy retired mentally years ago.

i have no love for a guy who made $100+ million in his career yet still showed his only concern was pocketing each and every cent he could at the expense of his team and in many ways himself. Great player for a few great years in our team history, but the guy never gave a **** about us- why should I give a **** about him?

16 minutes ago, genot said:

Your a Jet fan? He was one of most skilled player's the Jets  ever had. And he played hard every Sunday. He wanted top dollar for his service's and teams payed it. Good for him. Blame the owners for overpaying for his services and dozens of other players.

He played hard every Sunday?  Are you kidding me?  

I never seen a player blatantly quit the on field as often and as obvious as Revis did.  He’s been retired for 4 years collecting a pay check, if not longer.

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

The guy retired mentally years ago.

i have no love for a guy who made $100+ million in his career yet still showed his only concern was pocketing each and every cent he could at the expense of his team and in many ways himself. Great player for a few great years in our team history, but the guy never gave a **** about us- why should I give a **** about him?

Yup.  Were I a fan Revis's bank account, I'd be ecstatic.  Sadly, I'm not.

Also, is there another example of a guy who was as good as him falling off a cliff so quickly and so dramatically as he did?

19 minutes ago, genot said:

Nobody threw his way. If they did, he would have piled up the interceptions. Much better tackler than Deion. Not as spectacular as Deion, but a more complete player

not in deions league. you can "theyt never threw his way" til your blue in the gills doesnt change the facts.

Address my argument. You didn't because the facts are revis was a more complete player than Deion. Always was. Deion gave up big plays every week because he refused to sacrifice his body to make a play Talk about selfishness, That's selfishness

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Say what you want.  Between the lines the dude was amazing.  Glad he was ours.

Could have been the greatest Jet ever.  It could have lasted so much longer.  All those hold-outs!  Probably tore his knee up because he sat out training camp in yet another hold-out and wasn't as prepared, physically, as he should have been.  Wasted a year in Tampa Bay, due to greed.  Went to arch-enemy Pats for a few bucks more.  And while maximizing his contracts he seemingly didn't keep himself in tip-top shape as his descent was rapid.  He was amazing here for two years +/-..  When he came back, it sure seemed like he dogged it.  Could have been the best Jet ever if he wasn't determined to squeeze every penny out of the league.

1 hour ago, King P said:

Great player, in his prime he was 2nd only to Primetime as far as coverage skills.

It's funny to see most of our fanbase hate him because he's a great businessman who chose to maximize his earnings as much as possible. But also knowing this fanbase, it's not surprising.

Congrats to Darrelle Revis on a great career

I think his legacy would have been far more impressive if he hadn't squeezed every penny out of three different teams.  He still would have made more money than he could count.  We weren't going to pay him under market.

I know people are going to post angry responses, but I'm going to say it anyway: Revis gave the Jets three elite seasons, and was never the same after his injury. He basically gave up towards the end of his career, had a crappy attitude, and his priority was always the money. 

I think Aaron Glenn in his prime was just as good and more durable than Revis. Remember, opposing QBs never threw to Glenn's side of the field either. Glenn was also a team-first player who was willing to return kickoffs and gave everything he had every time he was on the field

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

no hate.

not impactful enough to be a HOFer.

not even close to deion skills. 

read 'em and weep.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandDe00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReviDa99.htm

He impacted the game every week just by lining up across from an opponents best WR and taking him out of the game plan.  

How can people not see this and only read INT totals?

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Totally disagree with this statement. Greatest single Jet season we've ever seen is more like it.

I can think o f several other Jet players I am much prouder of than him.

This is what I was going to say. Joe Namath is still the greatest Jet ever. Maybe Darnold will take over that honor someday,  but for now it's Joe. 

2 minutes ago, billo83 said:

This is what I was going to say. Joe Namath is still the greatest Jet ever. Maybe Darnold will take over that honor someday,  but for now it's Joe. 

Joe is the most important Jet of all time, Revis is the best player we have ever had. The only long time Jet in the discussion for best of all time at his position.

We drafted Revis in 2007 and he's a lock Hall of famer, our last drafted Hall of famer was John riggins in the early 70s and he made it because of his days as a Redskin.

10 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I know people are going to post angry responses, but I'm going to say it anyway: Revis gave the Jets three elite seasons, and was never the same after his injury. He basically gave up towards the end of his career, had a crappy attitude, and his priority was always the money. 

I think Aaron Glenn in his prime was just as good and more durable than Revis. Remember, opposing QBs never threw to Glenn's side of the field either. Glenn was also a team-first player who was willing to return kickoffs and gave everything he had every time he was on the field

Aaron Glenn wasn't half the player Revis was. He used to get eaten alive by top WRs

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He was my favorite player and ruined my perception of him based on his selfishness and inability to maintain his playing level. Add the fact that he won a super bowl with the Pats and dogged it when he came back to us. Self absorbed delusional douche. Those 2 seasons in 09,10 still blow my mind and I thank him for being a major contributing factor to that exciting time and doing something unheard of. His negatives pretty much negate all of that though in my eyes. 

This x1000

1 hour ago, genot said:

He played hard every Sunday?  You have a few years worth of football to catch up on I take it?

Archived