HawkeyeJet

Tony Sparano Passes Away

Rate this topic

He should’ve been on the Sopranos. Better coach than Bowles. I loved when he was fired from the Jets and walked out like he didn’t care one bit. RIP. 

I’m very sorry for Tony and his family. 56 is way too young. I’m 54 but I can’t die till the Jets win a Super Bowl so I think I’m safe till maybe 100. But I am sad today over this news. RIP Tony. 

41 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I’m very sorry for Tony and his family. 56 is way too young. I’m 54 but I can’t die till the Jets win a Super Bowl so I think I’m safe till maybe 100. But I am sad today over this news. RIP Tony. 

Immortality awaits.

NFL coaching is not a healthy lifestyle.  Long hours, little sleep, extreme stress. Maybe it had an impact, maybe not.  Sympathies to his family...

He had two head coaching jobs in the NFL, Miami and Oakland. I always felt he did a good and underrated job as HC of both those teams. His team's were under talented but they played hard and were competitive. 

25 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

NFL coaching is not a healthy lifestyle.  Long hours, little sleep, extreme stress. Maybe it had an impact, maybe not.  Sympathies to his family...

Some stay in great shape. Others do not.